PDA

View Full Version : Brittany, Courtney Force top NHRA qualifying, 1st time for sisters

bigbadbrother
05-25-2014, 03:40 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/MOTORS/images/2014/05/25/052514-NHRA-Force-family-JW-PI.vadapt.955.medium.51.jpg

foxsports
TOPEKA, Kan. -- Brittany and Courtney Force raced to No. 1 qualifying positions Saturday in the NHRA Kansas Nationals at Heartland Park Topeka, the first time sisters have shared the top qualifying stage at an NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series event.

Brittany had a career-best time of 3.746 seconds at a track-record 329.75 mph in her 10,000-horsepower dragster to claim her first career No. 1 in Top Fuel.

Courtney set both ends of the Funny Car track record with a 4.009 at 322.96 in a Ford Mustang to earn her second No. 1 of the season and fifth of her career.

''I'm so excited,'' Brittany said. ''It shows that all our hard work is finally paying off. We struggled last year. To be able to come out here and go number one, I didn't expect that. I am so proud of my entire team. I hope our first win comes this weekend. That would be awesome.''

Courtney is continuing the momentum she gained from a runner-up finish last weekend in Georgia, where she lost to teammate and series points leader Robert Hight.

''It was a tough weekend for me for sure,'' Courtney said. ''I am glad we have found some consistency and that was a career-best run.''

Their father, 65-year-old John Force, qualified second in Funny Car. He won his record 16th season title last year and opened this season with a victory in the Winternationals.

Female racers have 99 career victories in the top three classes.

There's a lot of pressure for us girls out here right now,'' Courtney said. ''And it's cool to see me and Brittany going to the top; Alexis (DeJoria, Funny Car) is running good and Erica (Enders-Stevens, Pro Stock) is running great, too. It's our time to shine as women out here. Hopefully, we can keep the ball rolling.''

In Pro Stock, Vincent Nobile's Friday run of 6.601 at 208.71 in his Chevy Camaro gave him his second No. 1 position of the season and fourth of his career.