PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton to get revenge on Nico Rosberg in Canada

bigbadbrother
05-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Bob McKenzie

That is the prediction of his former team-mate and rival, Jenson Button, who had his own ups and downs with Hamilton but remains a big admirer.

Hamilton's easy relationship with Rosberg splintered at the Monaco Grand Prix on Saturday when his Mercedes team-mate made a mistake in front of the Englishman at the end of qualifying, ruining his chance of taking a crucial pole position.

Rosberg won to re-take the world drivers championship lead from Hamilton who was runner-up but the German's apology was not accepted.

Hamilton believes Rosberg erred on purpose to keep pole and talks of driving fairly to keep winning this season. Some believe that Rosberg will win a mental battle against Hamilton who is far more emotional but Button has battled with him in strategy and on track.

"Whether Nico did it on purpose or not, Lewis is going to think that he did and that is the way when you are team-mates fighting for a world championship," Button said.

"You will see a more determined Lewis at the next race. It is a circuit he loves.

"He will be very strong. It isn't the points here, it is winning that is the issue with him.

"I remember with Lewis that when we had a tussle in a race or there was an issue between us or with the team, he would have a really bad race and be quite outspoken and emotional.

"The next race he would destroy me, he would come back stronger than ever.

"The mind games people play on him will not work.

"He is an emotional character and he will be quite hurt but he comes back stronger than ever.

"It is obviously not a weakness because he could blow everyone away at the next race.

"He is very good at turning it around and coming back because he is a super driver, he is very fast and he can wrestle a car around a circuit.

"After a bad race where nothing dodgy was going on and he was just beaten fair and square, he would arrive at the next race very quiet and then go out and blitz it. "He will do the same in Canada - he will probably be untouchable in Canada."

Lewis Hamilton's car at the Monte Carlo grand prix 2014Hamilton's car races by the stands in Monaco [GETTY]
Related articles

Button was sixth in Canada but he says: "It is obviously not a weakness because he could blow everyone away at the next race.

"They are so far in front they will have to wipe each other out for anyone else to have a chance. Hamilton insists that the relationship he has had with Rosbeg since they were karting kids is the same.

"We are living in the same building and I am sure when we turn up in the next place we will be as professional as ever.

"People say that we are best friends but we are not. We have not been since we were 13-years-old.

"I say hi to him and he says hi to me. We don't have lunch together. We don't have dinners. We are cool."

Yet he also says with more than a heavy hint that the saw something in the re-runs of the qualifying incident that made him smile but declines to elaborate.

"I'm not going to tell you,"he says when pushed.

"I just wish you could see it. And you could see for yourself but we move on and Canada is a very good circuit for me.

"We were both quite quick there last year but with this car it should be better.

"It is a late braking circuit and I am better on the brakes, so it should be a good one for us."