PDA

View Full Version : Mega TVI SHD3000

Costactc
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I would like to thank the staff at Mega TVI for giving me the opportunity to test out their new unit the SHD3000. I will be working with their team to better improve this receiver so that the end user gets a complete unit. I will post as many pictures as I can and will answer all questions regarding this new receiver:

Mega TVi SHD3000 offers you the best of both worlds, free satellite and internet TV.
Use the Mega TVi SHD3000 as a regular FTA receiver to watch your favourite programming or switch over to IPTV to watch live TV channels from all over the world with just an internet connection. Stream movies and TV shows from all over the world with just a few clicks of the remote control. Mega TVi provides a great picture quality for both satellite and internet TV and is truely a next generation FTA receiver.

Main features

• IPTV for Live and VOD Channels
• 2 USB for Multimedia Player, WiFi USB Adaptor and 3G USB Modem
• Icon Style GUI
• Multimedia Player for Movie, Photo, MP3 Music

Network

• Wireless (WiFi) Internet (optional)
• Wired RG-45 Internet
• 3G USB Adaptor (optional)

Specifications

• DVB-S2, Full HDTV 1080P
• IPTV for Live and VOD channels
• PVR and Playback Supported
• Data Backup Supported by USB
• Full HD Player
• Playable video clips including High Definition level stored in HDD
• DivX, H.264, MPEG 4, AVI, MKV and etc. 4, AVI, MKV and etc.
• Resolution Format : 1080p / 1080i 720p 576p 576i 480p 480i
• Playable recorded HD content (PVR)
• Recordable live broadcasting by EPG
• IPTV ( Network Digital Media IPTV and VOD content)

System & Storage

• CPU Novatek 550 MHz 32bit 850DMIPS
• Flash Memory 8Mbyte SPI Flash
• System &Video Memory 2Gb (256MByte) DDR3
• Network Connections
• Wire Network RJ-45 (10/100 Base-T)
• WiFi Network USB WiFi Adaptor - Option
• IF Tuner
• Tuner DVB-S2 Tuner
• Input Freq. 950 ~ 2150 MHz
• Input Signal Level -25dBm ~ -65dBm
• Transport Stream MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818 Transport Stream

Encoding Specification

• MPEG Profile Level MPEG2 SD, MPEG2 HD
• Input Connector F-Type, IEC 169-24, Female
• Symbol Rate 1-45Msps
• LNB Power & Polarization
• Vertical 13V, Horizontal 18V, Current: MAX 500mA
• Multi Sat. Receiving 22KHz, DiSEqC1.0, DiSEqC1.2, USALS
• Video / Audio Decoding
• DivX 3/4/5, Xvid (with MP3 or PCM), mkv
• Audio Decoding MPEG AAC, MP3, WAV, AC3, DD+
• Resolution 480i/480p/576i/576p/ 720p/1080i/1080p
• Image JPEG
• Front & Rear Panel I/O
• Rear Panel I/O Composite, Audio LR
• SPDIF x1
• HDMI x1
• RJ45 (10/100 Base-T Ethernet) x1
• USB 2.0 x 1
• DC Jack
• RS-232
• Front Panel I/O & Display
• IR Module
• USB x 1
• 4Digit FND

Features

• DVB-S2 HD Receiver
• PVR Ready (USB Port)
• Languages : English, French, Italian, Spanish, German,Portuguese, Arabic, Turkish

Your package includes:

MEGA TVi SHD3000 HD
Quick guide
Remote Control
HDMI Cable
RCA Cable
AC adapter
Snap on Turner
Free HD module
Batteries

Costactc
06-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Some pics:

21868 21869

21870 21871

Costactc
06-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Initial start up of this receiver shows an iptv menu with many different countries listed. Here are also some pics of the main menu sections:

21872 21873

21874 21875

Costactc
06-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Last pic of the main menu:

mark64
06-05-2014, 04:54 PM
its a great box with fantastic support best decision I made in a long time in buying one of these

stagalee
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
This receiver seems to have some potential of been a great receiver, Costactc , can you do a little sticky on how to set up this receiver , would be appreciated.
Thanks

Costactc
06-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I am quite impressed with this receiver as well and have been assured that support will always be there, not like some others that I won't mention. I really don't think a sticky is required as this is almost a plug and play box. The only thing needed is to scan your sats and setup up your server info. I will gladly answer all enquiries that any member has on this unit. I have more pics to post and I will also give a brief overview of my testing results thus far.

Mr Hanky
06-05-2014, 06:19 PM
The remote is the same as the prosat iptv 1 android unit.Is it the same people or factory?

Costactc
06-05-2014, 06:26 PM
The crystal clear hd picture from the shd3000 is quite impressive. The remote works spot on and channel change and or info is done fast. The epg works great as well. The iptv section has impressed me the most as connection takes less then 3 seconds for whatever you might want to watch. The only disadvantage that I have seen is that there isn't an on/off switch on the back in case a reboot is required so you need to unplug the power cord. Here are several more pics of the channel lineup, guide, scan menu and iptv section:

21884 21885

21886 21887

Costactc
06-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Some hd screenshots:

21889 21890

21891 21892

Costactc
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
I forgot to mention that this receiver does not require any cooling mechanism as it stays nice and chilled.

Costactc
06-05-2014, 08:35 PM
The remote is the same as the prosat iptv 1 android unit.Is it the same people or factory?

Not that I'm aware of. This box was manufactured in Korea by megatvi.

Fibroso
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
That HD picture is thanks to a SK200 module, also here is a pic of the tuner.

Bob Loblaw
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
The remote is a very commonly used remote with android boxes. I have several different STBs, all the same remote. The remotes are not interchangeable on all devices.

fitzisreal
06-14-2014, 01:33 AM
hey guys where can i find the factory file and iptv file

macuser33
06-14-2014, 02:08 AM
I would like to thank the staff at Mega TVI for giving me the opportunity to test out their new unit the SHD3000. I will be working with their team to better improve this receiver so that the end user gets a complete unit. I will post as many pictures as I can and will answer all questions regarding this new receiver:

Mega TVi SHD3000 offers you the best of both worlds, free satellite and internet TV.
Use the Mega TVi SHD3000 as a regular FTA receiver to watch your favourite programming or switch over to IPTV to watch live TV channels from all over the world with just an internet connection. Stream movies and TV shows from all over the world with just a few clicks of the remote control. Mega TVi provides a great picture quality for both satellite and internet TV and is truely a next generation FTA receiver.

Main features

• IPTV for Live and VOD Channels
• 2 USB for Multimedia Player, WiFi USB Adaptor and 3G USB Modem
• Icon Style GUI
• Multimedia Player for Movie, Photo, MP3 Music

Network

• Wireless (WiFi) Internet (optional)
• Wired RG-45 Internet
• 3G USB Adaptor (optional)

Specifications

• DVB-S2, Full HDTV 1080P
• IPTV for Live and VOD channels
• PVR and Playback Supported
• Data Backup Supported by USB
• Full HD Player
• Playable video clips including High Definition level stored in HDD
• DivX, H.264, MPEG 4, AVI, MKV and etc. 4, AVI, MKV and etc.
• Resolution Format : 1080p / 1080i 720p 576p 576i 480p 480i
• Playable recorded HD content (PVR)
• Recordable live broadcasting by EPG
• IPTV ( Network Digital Media IPTV and VOD content)

System & Storage

• CPU Novatek 550 MHz 32bit 850DMIPS
• Flash Memory 8Mbyte SPI Flash
• System &Video Memory 2Gb (256MByte) DDR3
• Network Connections
• Wire Network RJ-45 (10/100 Base-T)
• WiFi Network USB WiFi Adaptor - Option
• IF Tuner
• Tuner DVB-S2 Tuner
• Input Freq. 950 ~ 2150 MHz
• Input Signal Level -25dBm ~ -65dBm
• Transport Stream MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818 Transport Stream

Encoding Specification

• MPEG Profile Level MPEG2 SD, MPEG2 HD
• Input Connector F-Type, IEC 169-24, Female
• Symbol Rate 1-45Msps
• LNB Power & Polarization
• Vertical 13V, Horizontal 18V, Current: MAX 500mA
• Multi Sat. Receiving 22KHz, DiSEqC1.0, DiSEqC1.2, USALS
• Video / Audio Decoding
• DivX 3/4/5, Xvid (with MP3 or PCM), mkv
• Audio Decoding MPEG AAC, MP3, WAV, AC3, DD+
• Resolution 480i/480p/576i/576p/ 720p/1080i/1080p
• Image JPEG
• Front & Rear Panel I/O
• Rear Panel I/O Composite, Audio LR
• SPDIF x1
• HDMI x1
• RJ45 (10/100 Base-T Ethernet) x1
• USB 2.0 x 1
• DC Jack
• RS-232
• Front Panel I/O & Display
• IR Module
• USB x 1
• 4Digit FND

Features

• DVB-S2 HD Receiver
• PVR Ready (USB Port)
• Languages : English, French, Italian, Spanish, German,Portuguese, Arabic, Turkish

Your package includes:

MEGA TVi SHD3000 HD
Quick guide
Remote Control
HDMI Cable
RCA Cable
AC adapter
Snap on Turner
Free HD module
Batteries

Does it do iks as well as iptv? And how many servers can you put in? And does iptv use the same servers as iks servers? And does it do Bev as well with iks? And does the PVR work good? And does it do time shift? And how many days do you get with EPG for DN and Bev? Thank you. And sorry for asking so much.

hedley
06-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Does it do iks as well as iptv? Yes
how many servers can you put in? 5 with the current Bin
does iptv use the same servers as iks servers? no, two different animals
does it do Bev as well with iks? just guessing here but I will say Yes
does the PVR work good? haven't played with it yet
does it do time shift? ditto
how many days do you get with EPG for DN and Bev? 44 hours

this is a great little receiver, great picture quality on the iks side, very user friendly and fantastic support so far, the IPTV side has a good selection of languages available however the English channels come with Japanese subtitles.

Costactc
06-14-2014, 12:30 PM

this is a great little receiver, great picture quality on the iks side, very user friendly and fantastic support so far, the IPTV side has a good selection of languages available however the English channels come with Japanese subtitles.

Thanks bro, all correct. I will also add that picture quality is outstanding.

macuser33
06-14-2014, 02:54 PM

How do you get a server for iptv? I never seen a server for sale to buy. Do u need to go else where to get it? Thank you for all the great answers .

Nostradamus
06-14-2014, 03:31 PM
IPTV server is built into the box

macuser33
06-17-2014, 12:25 AM
IPTV server is built into the box

What channels do you get on the English side of iptv? Are they any good? And they do have subs on English channels? No way to shut them off? Thanks guys for any help. I really want one but do not know much about this unit. And really never seen iptv channels.....really do not know what iptv is really all about..

whoknows
06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
What channels do you get on the English side of iptv? Are they any good? And they do have subs on English channels? No way to shut them off? Thanks guys for any help. I really want one but do not know much about this unit. And really never seen iptv channels.....really do not know what iptv is really all about..

Basically you don't need a dish on your roof and video is streamed to you, but to learn more google is your friend.

Costactc
06-17-2014, 06:37 PM

Prime tv channels and movies from the US and around the world.

daryld
07-11-2014, 12:58 PM
Does this stb come with the SK200 tuner or does it need to be ordered separately?

Anubis
07-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Does this stb come with the SK200 tuner or does it need to be ordered separately?

Comes with the unit.

Costactc
07-11-2014, 07:58 PM

Installed............

homedoc1944
07-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Is there a Canadian supplier? Thanks.

squirtNcider
07-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Just put the name of the receiver in ebay.ca and a few sellers in Ontario will be there.......

pugsycan
07-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I did a google and Vancouver FTA was the first one to pop up

SVHD
07-13-2014, 02:17 AM
I highly recommend Vancouver FTA. $179.00 shipped--a great deal from a reliable business.

xtrawest
07-13-2014, 08:36 AM
You mean US Dollars..? coz on their website the price is... CA$199.99

gregguy
10-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Prime tv channels and movies from the US and around the world.

hi, can you load programs and add-on repositories like xbmc on this? is the iptv side anything like an apple tv2 or minix x-8 ?? thanks. or could this maybe happen in the future with firmware updates? thanks

mark64
10-05-2014, 12:03 AM
hi, can you load programs and add-on repositories like xbmc on this? is the iptv side anything like an apple tv2 or minix x-8 ?? thanks. or could this maybe happen in the future with firmware updates? thanks
no you can not add on anything like that
box was doing great till about 6 weeks ago now out of business and no more files had public up for a bit then poof gone like the wind

gregguy
10-05-2014, 12:56 AM
no you can not add on anything like that
box was doing great till about 6 weeks ago now out of business and no more files had public up for a bit then poof gone like the wind

wow, that.s a real shame. I was reading great things about it, and was going to pull the trigger. I hope they come back in action for the peeps who bought one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Costactc
10-05-2014, 12:29 PM
They will be back, according to my sources they are in it for the long haul.

jazmine
10-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Is this receiver any good with true fta? And if yes how is the blindscan? Thank you

Costactc
10-05-2014, 02:48 PM
Is this receiver any good with true fta? And if yes how is the blindscan? Thank you

I wouldn't recommend any of these type of receivers for true fta. Try looking into the x2 premium III, excellent bang for the buck for true fta.

SVHD
10-07-2014, 05:52 AM
They will be back, according to my sources they are in it for the long haul.

So was the best receiver ever made--sonicview. Where are they today? You have to keep in mind fta receivers are a business. In order to stay in business, a company has to sell boxes. The way it generally works is a box is released on the market and the support is there for awhile and then it goes away, and the same company releases basically the same box with a different name and again with support to spur sales of course for the manufacturers life of the box. If the mega team offers no future support they must have sold a ton of boxes extremely quickly and could afford to drop support and move on to a future release. I hope you are right Costactc, because it would be very dirty of mega to drop support so soon. However, both you and I know how it works and we'll have to wait and see.

charlou
10-07-2014, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't recommend any of these type of receivers for true fta. Try looking into the x2 premium III, excellent bang for the buck for true fta.

I would like to do TRUE fta with this box. I already have a motoring dish with the right lnb.
I have one question : do i need any file(s) to be running ? If yes, where i can find the file(s) ? Thanks ...

Costactc
10-07-2014, 11:40 AM
I would like to do TRUE fta with this box. I already have a motoring dish with the right lnb.
I have one question : do i need any file(s) to be running ? If yes, where i can find the file(s) ? Thanks ...

This receiver is more then capable to be used for true fta but there are a couple of drawbacks. First, with the turbo 8psk module you will not be able to scan in any true fta hd channels. Finally, these receivers were not manufactured to excel on true fta but rather for use with encrypted channels and every new firmware is geared to ease that process. If you really want a receiver for true fta then you should be looking at other manufacturers, I could name a few.

charlou
10-07-2014, 12:17 PM
This receiver is more then capable to be used for true fta but there are a couple of drawbacks. First, with the turbo 8psk module you will not be able to scan in any true fta hd channels. Finally, these receivers were not manufactured to excel on true fta but rather for use with encrypted channels and every new firmware is geared to ease that process. If you really want a receiver for true fta then you should be looking at other manufacturers, I could name a few.

ok, i'm searching a good receiver able to do BLINDscan (very important). I only have a ku-band because my motorise dish have 33 inches. I do IKS with an other receiver so it is not necessary the new receiver can do it. Thank you ...

Costactc
10-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Depends on your budget. I would recommend an x2, technomate or dr hd receivers for true fta. The first is the most economical and the last one can be reasonable if you know who to deal with, the technomate can be a bit pricey.

eric123
11-05-2014, 07:53 PM

Can anyone confirm turbo 8psk module will break fta? I never heard of that

whoknows
11-06-2014, 01:16 AM

Your question makes no sense. "8psk module will break fta" ///Costac said you can't get true fta channels with the box but didn't say it would break anything. Try explaining . thanks.

Costactc
11-06-2014, 08:54 PM

If the turbo 8psk module is removed then you will be able to scan in true fta sd channels but I would recommend another receiver for true fta.