PDA

View Full Version : Getting many Duplicate Channels during Scan

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 04:40 PM
On my Jynxbox Ultra Lite HD, using firmware V1.1.1, and using the Multi-Scan (for 119/Echostar14, 110/Echostar 10/11, and 129/Ciel 2) I am getting a lot of duplicate channels. I also tried scanning one sat at a time with same result. The scanning settings I use are as follow: FTA Only=NO, Scan Channel=TV Channel, Network Search=NO, Scan Mode=Auto Scan. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

iq180
06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
On my Jynxbox Ultra Lite HD, using firmware V1.1.1, and using the Multi-Scan (for 119/Echostar14, 110/Echostar 10/11, and 129/Ciel 2) I am getting a lot of duplicate channels. I also tried scanning one sat at a time with same result. The scanning settings I use are as follow: FTA Only=NO, Scan Channel=TV Channel, Network Search=NO, Scan Mode=Auto Scan. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Delete all CHs then turn network search off and rescan.

iq180
06-06-2014, 06:14 PM
One more thing, you will need to do a factory reset if you did a blind scan because you will have too many TPs.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Delete all CHs then turn network search off and rescan.

Done a couple of more "retry's" and still having some come up. My Network Search is OFF (i.e. NO). I am also missing many channels, yet, not sure if it's the same problem. My antenna has not changed in years and with a different box (Limesat HD) I get the correct list of channels I am used too. When I scan with the Jynxbox it is not consistent. Now hoping to get a good scan and save the channel list.

iq180
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Done a couple of more "retry's" and still having some come up. My Network Search is OFF (i.e. NO). I am also missing many channels, yet, not sure if it's the same problem. My antenna has not changed in years and with a different box (Limesat HD) I get the correct list of channels I am used too. When I scan with the Jynxbox it is not consistent. Now hoping to get a good scan and save the channel list.
Read post 3, if that don't fix the TP list you will need to go into to the TP list and fix it, the best way to do that is to go to lyngsat and
look at the TP list for each sat you will need to delete any TP that's not listed and add the ones that are listed.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 06:35 PM
One more thing, you will need to do a factory reset if you did a blind scan because you will have too many TPs.

Thanks! I tried that earlier and helped a lot. However, I still get some dups. Plus, I am having a "consistency of scan" issue. Every time I scan I am getting a different set of channels.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Read post 3, if that don't fix the TP list you will need to go into to the TP list and fix it, the best way to do that is to go to lyngsat and
look at the TP list for each sat you will need to delete any TP that's not listed and add the ones that are listed.

I'll check that out! Was wondering if I reload the Firmware if that would help (and reset to original TPs)!!!

iq180
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
All ways remember this, never ever do a blind scan on any provider sat or you will have too many TPs and for each extra TP you will have an extra set of CHs.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 07:13 PM
All ways remember this, never ever do a blind scan on any provider sat or you will have too many TPs and for each extra TP you will have an extra set of CHs.

Got it, thanks! I have actually NOT run a blind scan, yet, good reminder.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Any ideas on the inconsistent scanning of the unit? Thanks!

iq180
06-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Any ideas on the inconsistent scanning of the unit? Thanks!
What dish & LNBs are you using, if its a DPP LNB then I would say you don't have enough power for the built in switch.

PRKid2
06-06-2014, 10:42 PM
What dish & LNBs are you using, if its a DPP LNB then I would say you don't have enough power for the built in switch.

I do have a 1000.2 Dish with DPP LNB, along with an external power adapter (via port 1). I'll check to make sure it's not gone bad.

Thanks!