PDA

View Full Version : Losing Signal after a few minutes of watching

alain766
06-10-2014, 02:11 AM
I consider myself new to this SAT discussion. Used to do this back in the day where you can program your card with your own little gadget after finding the BIN file from the internet. But now I'm just trying to get back to it again. I've been reading a lot before I posted this question.

This is my second Dreamlink T5 receiver. If I left it unplug for a long time say 30 minutes and plug it again it will come up normally with strong signals and you can watch without a problem both Nimiq 82 and 91 but after around 5 minutes you can see the signal going down until I lose the signal totally and the message will appear "BAD or no SIGNAL". I have to unplugged it again for over 20 minutes then the signal will come back up when I turn it on.

I'm about ready to give up on this receiver. The first receiver I got, i returned it back to the store where I bought it from and after testing it they said that it was a manufacture defect and they sent it back. They gave me this new one and I'm still getting the same issue. Just wondering if any of you experienced the same issue with Dreamlink T5 HD...Thanks

Bill
06-11-2014, 02:24 AM
If you have had the same problem with 2 of the same type receivers I would start by checking the LNB? These receiver are to work better if they are not on a power strip.All thought you did say the seller did say the receiver was defective???

cmangle
06-11-2014, 03:13 AM
check your cables any shorts or chafes or sharp bends?

how long is the cable run from dish(lnb) to receiver?

what kind of cable? 59? 6? 6 quad?

how many lnb's and what type?

what switches? dp-plus, diseqc, sw-22 etc?

splitters in line? diplexers?

the power supplies that come with the dl hd t5 dont have a lot of current to pass around!