PDA

View Full Version : Guide not showing PPVs & HDs(hardware set-up)

reap70
07-02-2014, 11:51 AM
The guide goes from 480 to 561 and from 9411 to 9532 then 9595. Has been this way from the get go. System Info is showing Model = Dreamlink T5 (8psk).

Setup for the 1000+ (with 2 power inserters) is

Satellite 119
LNB Power On
LNB Type OCS-DP
LNB Freq 11.250
LNB 22KHz Off
DiSEqC SW 1.0 1
DiSEqC SW 1.1 Off
Legacy SW Off

S & Q are 97% Blue and in the upper right corner it says "EchoStar 119 West"

Satellite 110
DiSEqC SW 1.0 2
Rest are the same as above.

S & Q are 47% Blue and in the upper right corner it says "EchoStar 119 West"

Satellite 129
DiSEqC SW 1.0 3
Rest are the same as others.

Satellite 118.8
LNB Frequency 10.600
SiSEqC SW 1.0 4
Rest are the same as others.

I have tried different frequencies and it always says 119 in the top right corner. I have tried 2 different DPP44 switches and get the same results.

I also tried to scan Satellite 110 on TP 12.399 to get channel 9421 and get no signal on it. Settings are right for it according to what I have read to put in for them, but they were already set to the right settings.

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks in advance!

reap70
07-02-2014, 11:39 PM
UPDATE : I climbed on da roof and hooked up each line direct, bypassing the dpp44 switch. I then get the correct sat in the top right corner. Also hooked up another sat to port 1 and got the same sat in the upper right corner on all 4 sats again. So I think it's one of 2 things.

1. Bad switch. I have another one to try.
2. I have a direct line going from the switch to the first power inserter to the second power inserter (I have a long line) then directly to the T5 box. Should I either put a splitter in before the power inserter and run 1 line to the power inserters and the other to the T5 or run a separate line from the switch to the T5 via one of the other 3 out ports?

I hope someone can answer this for me real quick so I can go right to it and save myself from trying the wrong things first. LOL

reap70
07-05-2014, 03:55 AM
Well, I got the problem fixed, but now my Vizio 65" 3D TV is dead! Here's how I fixed the original problem.

The diagnosis I made was correct. The switch is good, but I needed to run a second line to the receiver. I never had this problem with any previous receivers with running just 1 line. So I hope this helps someone in the future!

Now does anyone know how to fix a dead Vizio? I was putting in a splitter and while I was plugging a coax in, there was a spark and the TV went dead. (Yes I know, I should have shut the power off!) There is a Vizio logo under the display in the front that always stays lit. When the TV is on, the logo is white. When the TV is off, the logo is orange. After the spark, the logo was flickering white. Then I unplugged the TV. After a while, I read online that plugging it in and let it sit for a few minutes theirs came back on. So I plugged it back in and the logo was still flickering, but was getting dimmer. I then unplugged for a few hours and tried again. The logo was barely flickering white until it eventually went completely out. I am thinking it is either a bad PSU or the main board. Anyone have any ideas?