PDA

View Full Version : Pro's and con's of MEGA TVi SHD3000?

cmangle
07-11-2014, 06:23 PM
So any/all reviews of this FTA box?

Installation, programming, operation, picture quality, channel change, EPG, etc!

I'm really getting p!$$ed at Dreamlink NOT fixing the signal meter, makes my job twice/thrice as hard!

thanks chris

Bob Loblaw
07-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Good receiver. Scanning of satellites is good, doesn't seem to miss any channels and does it in a very timely manner. Setup is straight forward, just apply the latest file, factory reset, adjust the time zone and setup sats and scan. Picture quality is very good IMO, but it distorts SD pictures to full screen unless you manually set the resolution to SD. Channel change is fast, no time loss between channels, EPG need some work although if you download the 44 hr guide it remembers it until you power off or go to standby. There are some issues with recording, especially when using the timer through the EPG but the Mega people seem to be listening to their audience and slowly making headway. The weakest part that I have noticed so far would be the power supply. Just using a DPP twin LNB is enough to over whelm the power supply, you are better off using a power supply from an external HDD or another receiver like the JB Lite or Dreamlink T5, something with at least 12v and 2 a.
As for using it as a signal meter, I can't comment on that as I haven't tried it but if you are using a STB as a meter for professional installs you would be better of buying a real satellite meter.

Costactc
07-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Bugs are still being worked out but by far the best hd receiver I have tested and support is spot on.