PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate IKS freeze a lot

bellxvue
07-25-2014, 12:29 AM
ultimate freeze a lot since a couple of week ... i know everything is running good on server must be on my side if it so how you explain that on the same set up i was freeze free 2 weeks ago an none at all with other service that are not there anymore ...

Nostradamus
07-25-2014, 01:05 AM
well since you decided to toss some sarcasm in there let me ask you this.

when it was running good 2 weeks ago did you happen ping the server and run a trace route? I certainly hope so and I hope you saved the data it returned so you can compare it to the results of running it again now when you are having problems

DJMark
07-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Sometimes there is freezing, sometimes there is not. Sometimes everything works great, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing is 100% with this hobby. I personally use Ultimate for BEV, I have had a excellent experience so far. There is alot of different factors that could be causing the freezing. My BEV Ultimate has been working about 90% over the last couple weeks. Minimal freezing and no down time.

bellxvue
07-26-2014, 06:19 PM
i understand that but when that thing going on since a month dont think is on my end ... just for the heck of it a try another service offer on the site no freeze, with that hard to think the probleme is on my end ...

Sometimes there is freezing, sometimes there is not. Sometimes everything works great, sometimes it doesn't. Nothing is 100% with this hobby. I personally use Ultimate for BEV, I have had a excellent experience so far. There is alot of different factors that could be causing the freezing. My BEV Ultimate has been working about 90% over the last couple weeks. Minimal freezing and no down time.

Nostradamus
07-26-2014, 07:26 PM
instead of lamenting why don't you answer my questions above? No one can offer up any help when all you say is it is freezing. It is hard to get directions from point A to point B when you don't tell anyone where point A is. Now I am not a big fan of IKS by any means, never was and never will be but I know enough that when people try and connect device to the internet and it requires configuration they are totally lost. A person attempting this sort of thing should know how to do some basic network troubleshooting and the difference between a URL and and an IP address. They should also know that you can't compare 2 servers because they are located in different places and the route the data takes between them is different. They should also realize that the whole internet is dynamic and in constant flux.

I bet 75% of the people doing IKS fall into this category but only a small percentage has any real problems. The remainder of the people just got lucky