PDA

View Full Version : Multi LNB

juanmnmofo
02-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Hello everybody.

i'm trying to run 4 lnb's on a 23" eliptical 82,91,110,119. every web page i go to gives me different elevations and skew angles. any help would be appreciated. north etobicoke. thanks.

stman
02-23-2010, 03:57 AM
To get the correct settings for a multi-satellite dish, you go to a site like dishpointer.com and select the selection from the drop down menu that has all the satellites on your dish. This gives you the settings if you've entered your location.

Mavrick
02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
This is a hard question to answer as every dish & bracket is different, go to a aiming site as Stman said but keep in mind that these sites will only get you in the ballpark, to hit 4 sat's on one dish can be kinda trickey and will usualy require alot of fine adjusting to the dish (and LNB's themselfs).

Costactc
02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
I agree with both stman and Mavrick, one of the most difficult alignments is four lnbs- just be patient as you attempt optimum quality from each sat.

andyb2
02-23-2010, 08:17 PM
It is hard but not harder than a 2 lnb setup.Infact its the same.I would start with a elevation/skew setting from dishpointer. Once thats done and locked in turn your dish left or right till you get best signal on the lowest sat.If needed you could tweak a bit of elevation here but I would hold off.Once you have the lower sat dialed in check the level on the highest sat.If both are good the ones inbetween are also.

juanmnmofo
02-24-2010, 02:55 AM
i previously had 110,119 on that dish but since i can't have it mounted on the wall anymore i smacked everything on one dish on a tripod. that thing is flimsy but i'll try to anchor it down somewhere, somehow. damn superintendent. thank you guys for the replies.

Mavrick
02-24-2010, 03:14 PM
i previously had 110,119 on that dish but since i can't have it mounted on the wall anymore i smacked everything on one dish on a tripod. that thing is flimsy but i'll try to anchor it down somewhere, somehow. damn superintendent. thank you guys for the replies.

An old sidewalk block works well, bolt the dish right to the block if you can.....

juanmnmofo
02-25-2010, 02:38 AM
yeah a few tapcons should do the trick. the only problem is that my balcony is off limits due to renovation. they locked me in and i'm trying haha to get a signal from the inside. i think i'll just go back to 110and 119 for now since cp24 aint working or wfn or raps ch.

Mavrick
02-25-2010, 03:57 AM
yeah a few tapcons should do the trick. the only problem is that my balcony is off limits due to renovation. they locked me in and i'm trying haha to get a signal from the inside. i think i'll just go back to 110and 119 for now since cp24 aint working or wfn or raps ch.

You can point a dish threw glass, It will work if the window does not have an Infar-red coating on it. Signal loss on single pane windows is usually about 35%, double pane windows is usually about 65%. A lot depends on the angle the signal is hitting the glass at.

torpainter
02-25-2010, 10:54 AM
A lot of people on balconies will use a pole in a pail of concrete for stability

juanmnmofo
02-26-2010, 12:35 AM
haha thats a good one too. maybe i should just go stand outside and hold it? since i am a pole... haha yeah much easier to mix up some cement and pour it into a bucket. cheers.