PDA

View Full Version : Iptv mag250

tbird686
08-04-2014, 03:09 AM
just trying to find info about this box.....is it the same or simlar to the roku?

i saw one posted on the kijiji an he said it gets the guide......just wondering if its true....i emailed them but still waiting.

i like the iptv idea just the no guide brings me back 20 + years where you just went threw batteries from changing the channels all the time to see what on...lol

frostycold
08-04-2014, 03:19 AM
Google it! Tons of info on this box. To answer your question, it's nothing like a Roku.

tbird686
08-04-2014, 03:29 AM
well i am looking around i see some with the guide working. just looking for yes a little spoon feeding......more current info. why dont we see people selling more of them here now that there selling for the roku

and which is better? do you need a credit card for the mag 250.......i'm still looking around

genmax
08-04-2014, 05:15 AM
well i am looking around i see some with the guide working. just looking for yes a little spoon feeding......more current info. why dont we see people selling more of them here now that there selling for the roku

and which is better? do you need a credit card for the mag 250.......i'm still looking around

Before approaching IPTV please ensure your ISP is truely "unlimited" data.
Some providers have hidden fine print which states that a monthly cap is there and if you surpass it they will force you to pay more or switch to business grade service. Other then that the mag250 is a no brainer.

tbird686
08-04-2014, 05:36 AM
i think i have the 150 gig cap

genmax
08-04-2014, 06:09 AM
i think i have the 150 gig cap

Dont leave IPTV box on overnight. And make sure u do not watch it like how you watch IKS tv.
And always check your usage with your provider to ensure you do not get forced into paying more for business grade internet.

tbird686
08-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Would a 300 gig cap be reasonable to have I don't think we have unlimited with out paying loads mine now is 55 a month for the 150 cap. I think 65 would get me a 300 cap

astaza
08-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Would a 300 gig cap be reasonable to have I don't think we have unlimited with out paying loads mine now is 55 a month for the 150 cap. I think 65 would get me a 300 cap
yes 300 gig it should be enough.

Nostradamus
08-04-2014, 11:48 AM
a rough way to estimate bandwidth is 1 GB per hour of watching video streams, HD uses more and SD uses less but don't forget to include other internet usage as well when estimating bandwidth requirements

ftanewbie
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Before approaching IPTV please ensure your ISP is truely "unlimited" data.
Some providers have hidden fine print which states that a monthly cap is there and if you surpass it they will force you to pay more or switch to business grade service. Other then that the mag250 is a no brainer.

i believe att and comcast all have caps on the residential service and their pretty much the only game in town.....if your a heavy iptv user most likely u will exceed your monthly limit.

buzzie
08-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Dont leave IPTV box on overnight. And make sure u do not watch it like how you watch IKS tv.
And always check your usage with your provider to ensure you do not get forced into paying more for business grade internet.

Your right Genmax I have 2 iks in stream and an Mbox.With leaving my Mbox on and other usages my total is over 250 gigs every month

genmax
08-04-2014, 11:34 PM
150gb will allow you about 4 hrs o uncompressed streaming per day,with very little left for internet browsing & smart phone useage.If you sit in front of the t.v. all day,you need at least a 300gb package:unlimited would be best.

The word "unlimited" has a different meaning when it comes to US providers. I cannot speak for canadian or others, but even unlimited phone calls has a fine print that if they suspect business use they have the right to cut you off. They know that you will not be on the phone 24/7. Same does for Internet, most cable ISP have a 250GB cap. Once you pass that cap you will be forced to upgrade.
Problem is with todays highly integrated and content driven websites, the bandwidth on internet usage alone is also higher. A single 720p youtube vide is about 60mb for 3-4 mins. When it comes down to it, if your a big TV fan IPTV is not feasable unless you have a true unlimited isp line.
Reducing stream quality will reduce the bandwidth but it looks terrible on a larger screen, its highly pixelated and audio quality is often mono. Most of those streaming boxes sold with no monthly payments has grainy picture and mono audio to reduce bandwidth and also increase the number of users per streaming server.

mrpink
08-04-2014, 11:43 PM
The word "unlimited" has a different meaning when it comes to US providers. I cannot speak for canadian or others, but even unlimited phone calls has a fine print that if they suspect business use they have the right to cut you off. They know that you will not be on the phone 24/7. Same does for Internet, most cable ISP have a 250GB cap. Once you pass that cap you will be forced to upgrade.
Problem is with todays highly integrated and content driven websites, the bandwidth on internet usage alone is also higher. A single 720p youtube vide is about 60mb for 3-4 mins. When it comes down to it, if your a big TV fan IPTV is not feasable unless you have a true unlimited isp line.
Reducing stream quality will reduce the bandwidth but it looks terrible on a larger screen, its highly pixelated and audio quality is often mono. Most of those streaming boxes sold with no monthly payments has grainy picture and mono audio to reduce bandwidth and also increase the number of users per streaming server.

unlimited in Canada means just that, unlimited. Not that long ago, in the land of mirc and 1080 rips, looked up usage and for the month was just over 450, not a peep from the isp.
Before jumping into iptv, people do need to double check what there usage limits are. Any cap on your limits would be a bit of a risk with iptv, I wouldn't recommend it.
There are some legit iptv services out there, and seems to be more popping up.