PDA

View Full Version : Satfix 2014 NFL Pool Rules

Costactc
08-18-2014, 09:39 PM
I have not received any input thus far so I'm sticking with status quo from last years rules with the exception of posting times:

The Rules:

here are the rules: if anybody has any questions, please let me know.
The rules for this season will be as follows:

#1 - Each Week the pool will consist of all games, Thursday - Monday Night. The tiebreaker will be the total points scored that week for all games. The second tie-breaker will be closest to the actual overall score for the Monday Night game.

#2 - The first mission is to correctly choose the winning team in each game of each week. The person with the most correct winning teams for the week will be the weekly winner.

#3 - NOW, the second mission is to tell us what you think the score of each of weeks games will be. The total score for the weeks games is the tiebreaker for 2014. Does not matter if you pick over or under, whoever picks closet to the actual total points will be the winner.

# 4 - The winner of each phase of the season will be determined by the players winning percentage. For the regular season, in order to be considered for the overall season winner, you must have participated in at least 6 of the remaining 8 weeks of the season and you need to have participated in at least 12 weeks overall.

# 5 - The deadline for bets will be 1/2 hour prior to the first game of each week, no matter the day or the time of that first game. there will be no EXCEPTION to this rule UNLESS prior arrangements have been made with Costa, Night_Predator, TLG or Condor. If you didn't have the opportunity to place your picks for the Thursday game then you can still place your Sunday picks 1/2 before kickoff and the Thursday game will taken as a loss. All times are eastern standard time.

# 6 - 'bets' will be placed in a new thread that will be started by Costa, Night_Predator. TLG or Condor.

# 7 - 'bets' can only be placed by satfix members only.

# 8 -If you know that you're not going to be on-line for a particular week, or have a 'unique' situation, but still want to continue betting, then pm Costa, Night_Predator, TLG or Condor and we will work with you. We request that all bets for a particular week stay within that week, but we do understand that sometimes that you won't be able to due to travel plans, etc. We will work with you but PLEASE let us know.

# 9 - We will allow you to edit your picks after they are placed, however any edits must be done prior to the weeks deadline. No changes will be accepted after the deadline has passed. we recommend that you pm Costa, Night_Predator or TLG when an edit has been placed or else the changes will not be VALID.

prize: Satfix will offer a prize. the prize will be based upon the person with the highest percentage of wins. the person winning must be involved in at least 12 weeks of the pool. if, for some reason, a person is not able to post picks in a timely manner (ie ... vacation .... work sent you away) .... and you know this a head of time, please pm Costa, Night_Predator or TLG. We will work with you. as always ... final discretion and decision is upon Costa. there is NO exception!!!!!!!!

If there are any discrepancies or grievances, they will be settled by Costa. His decision is final.

We are looking forward to a fun filled season, we wish you all the very best of luck, and thank you each for your participation! This years prize will be a new DREAMLINK ANDROID care of the Dreamlink Team.

Condor
08-18-2014, 09:54 PM
...And they are good rules Costa my friend...

KIDWCKED
08-18-2014, 10:00 PM
whoot...game on...im really lookin forward to the new dreamlink android...hehe....;)

Costactc
08-18-2014, 10:01 PM
...And they are good rules Costa my friend...

Thanks my friend. Are you still interested in helping out? I haven't heard a reply from N_P yet as to my West coast contributor.

c8rbk1ng
08-19-2014, 11:32 AM
whoot...game on...im really lookin forward to the new dreamlink android...hehe....;)

:stop: New Rule: If you have won any pool (including the Auto Club 400) in the last 5 years you are not eligible for this prize! :no:

Costactc
08-20-2014, 05:51 PM
I got confirmation that Night_Predator will be lending a hand again this year and my good bud Condor will be as well:

The Crew
Costactc
TLG
Night_Predator
Condor

Can't wait....I know it's 15 days away but I will be posting Week # 1 shortly.

pogoss
08-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Let me know If you need help Costa!
Looking forward for another great NFL pool!!

Condor
08-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Thanks my friend. Are you still interested in helping out? I haven't heard a reply from N_P yet as to my West coast contributor.

Sorry Costa I missed this... Sure will I will be back up in anything you guys need..Or give me a task and I will do my best to assist......

Night_Predator
09-02-2014, 05:34 AM
Can't wait. Less then 2 days now!

TJCams
09-02-2014, 09:35 PM
I am in again this year! Good luck to all!!!!! And may the best picks (mine) win! ;)

haha11
12-15-2014, 02:06 AM
well its really getting tight as we move towards the end.....

so how does the main season winner tie breaker work? i can't seem to find that in those rules?

TLG
12-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Overall points will determine the season's winner
If by some miracle there's still a tie , then MNF
scores will break the tie

haha11
12-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Overall points will determine the season's winner
If by some miracle there's still a tie , then MNF
scores will break the tie

Overall points i assume are the correct picks? or is it something you guys keep as the overall record?

Costactc
12-15-2014, 08:58 PM
That's a good question. Since it hasn't been addressed I'm open to opinions. There isn't a Monday Night game for Week # 17 so I would suggest total points of Week # 17, participant the closest.

haha11
12-15-2014, 10:06 PM
That's a good question. Since it hasn't been addressed I'm open to opinions. There isn't a Monday Night game for Week # 17 so I would suggest total points of Week # 17, participant the closest.

ya i think the same, in case of tie, higher ranked user in week 17 would be the season winner...

Costactc
12-15-2014, 10:20 PM
I never anticipated a tie for the overall title, I'll need to incorporate a new rule next year. Week # 17 is definitely going to be interesting.

TLG
12-16-2014, 12:56 AM
I was thinking overall season game points
Weekly overall points (season) against the players predicted points (season)
The player to come closest to those points wins the season
I think it's the fairest way to declare a winner

c8rbk1ng
12-16-2014, 02:47 AM
I was thinking overall season game points
Weekly overall points (season) against the players predicted points (season)
The player to come closest to those points wins the season
I think it's the fairest way to declare a winner

This sounds good to me but let me make sure it's understood. Right now for 14 weeks there have been 9588 points scored...my predicted points are 9573 so that would be a difference of 15, is that correct?

TLG
12-16-2014, 03:09 AM
That is correct ,,,,
My thinking is that it's a whole season pool and calculating the total season points
Is just an extension of what we are doing now, per game, when there's a tie ,,,,

I think it's fair, and unarguable

TLG
12-16-2014, 03:21 AM
those are pretty good predictions C8r ,,

This is what the leader board looks like, as of right now
Should it finish this way, it's official Chicot would win the pool
Should it finish in a 3 way tie, between chicot pogoss and TJCams ,
We would total the seasons total points and compare them to the leaders points
The one who is closest to the total seasons points wins the pool

Chicot60 142-65
Pogoss 141-66
TJCams 141-66

haha11
12-16-2014, 04:19 AM
I don't think that's fair. My points are way too far from overall season points.
And not just that....if i feel like i ll be tied, than on purpose i will choose very less points in the last week to make it closer to overall season points. And won't care winning week 17....

TLG
12-16-2014, 04:52 AM
1) Well if you don't bet on games 15 16 and 17
What makes you think you'll finish atop the leader board?

2) that's exactly the point , in case of a tie, if your tooooo far from
the total points you won't win the pool. Cause the guy who predicted
closest to the points is the same as winning twice,, not only did
he pick the right team correctly, he also picked by how many points
they win by !

3) even if a leader doesn't care about winning the last week ,,, :noidea:
Oh well ,, that's the strategy of the contest ,, at the end of this pool,
we all had the same chances and we all had 17 weeks to bet right.

I think it's fair ,, closest to the seasons points wins

c8rbk1ng
12-16-2014, 05:58 AM
I agree...but there are still 2 weeks to go and it may not come down to a tie :) so we won't have to use this!

Costactc
12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
I have to agree with HaHa911. We never anticipated an overall tie for the season, this will definitely be addressed next year. For this year, gear up for Week # 17 because the one closest on that week will be the overall winner in case of a tie. I hope it doesn't come down to that.