PDA

View Full Version : is T4 HD?

lamothefitz
09-14-2014, 11:26 PM
I was looking on E-bay I see dreamlink receivers that are T4. Some sellers say it’s HD and others sellers show it as SD. Does the model come either SD or HD by simply adding an SK200 Module? I thought that the new T5 was the HD model. Anyway I have a Linkbox 8000HD local and I'm looking for something better (to many problems with the EPG) and I don't really go to the HD channels very often so any suggestions on different Dreamlink models? Is the only difference between the T4 and T5 is the fact that it's HD? I looks like the T5 is about $60 more than the T4.

whoknows
09-15-2014, 12:05 AM
You could read the specks on each box to find out the difference between each box. Don't believe the t4 will do bev or dn hd. I would get the t5(does dn, bev HD) over t4 for a couple reasons. More owners of t5 so more information. If you wanted to sell the box for some unknown reason you would have no problem selling the t5.
IF there is no store in your area to purchase then flea bay is your next stop. I got one there and no hiccups. gppd luck

torpainter
09-15-2014, 12:27 AM
the t4 will do mpeg4 not turbo hd

lamothefitz
09-16-2014, 03:39 PM
the t4 will do mpeg4 not turbo hd what is "mpeg4"? I goggled it and got this “a standard for a group of audio and video coding formats and related technology”. I'm not very tech savvy so I'm guessing that’s a good thing.

torpainter
09-16-2014, 03:47 PM
what is "mpeg4"? I goggled it and got this “a standard for a group of audio and video coding formats and related technology”. I'm not very tech savvy so I'm guessing that’s a good thing.

some of the internationals on bev are mpeg4 hd and the t4 will get them.
The t4 will not get bev or diknet HD