PDA

View Full Version : Charles Woodson on Oakland Raiders: 'We suck'

KIDWCKED
09-15-2014, 10:39 PM
The early season optimism has already dissipated for Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson.

Following a 30-14 demolition at the hands of the Houston Texans, which saw the Raiders' offense turn the ball over four times and the defense get bowled over by Arian Foster, Woodson was in no mood to mince words.
"We suck," Woodson said, per CSN Bay Area. "That's as blunt as I can put it. For whatever reason, defensively we just won't stop people, especially early in games. Every drive, every first drive, teams are able to go and get points. Today, it happened all day. Offensively, we put the ball on the ground. We had opportunities and didn't capitalize on it. Collectively, we look bad."

After believing this team wasn't the same old Raiders, Woodson sounded crestfallen, staring at another lost season after a demoralizing 0-2 start.
"It's disappointing. I don't know what else to say about it," Woodson said. "Like I said, coming into the season, I felt a lot better about where we were at that point. For whatever reason, we haven't put it together on the field.
"... Everything (negative) that other people say about you, we're proving them right. It's almost like we're allowing other people to write our story. We're not doing anything about it. That's hard, man. I'm really embarrassed."

It's only Week 2 and the Raiders already appear to be in for a dreadfully long season. A long season some in the organization (Dennis Allen) likely won't survive.