PDA

View Full Version : IPTV and internet speed

rhsalt54
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
What speed internet is good for IPTV. Will 15 mbps be fast enough?

tbird686
09-24-2014, 11:59 AM
i'm on 25 but you need to know your download limit because you can go over with iptv

cybertvnet
09-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Yes, 15 Mbps will work.

c8rbk1ng
09-25-2014, 01:40 AM
You only need about 4 mbps to stream without buffering 15 is more than enough.

digitalcelery
09-25-2014, 06:06 PM
You only need about 4 mbps to stream without buffering 15 is more than enough.

While may be true for some, not for all. As an example, in Europe big chunk of streams are RAW MPEG2 or MPEG4. Untouched MPEG4 can take up to 15Mbps depending on the content.

But then again - NA and EU are two different animals.

frostycold
09-25-2014, 09:06 PM
The bigger issue is capping. You would need unlimited internet.

PremiereElite
09-25-2014, 10:16 PM
The bigger issue is capping. You would need unlimited internet.
Why would he need unlimited internet speed to view an IPTV service? He is not streaming anything, neither is he providing stream for others...

tbird686
09-25-2014, 10:32 PM
Wow really......what is iptv.......you are streaming....you use internet.......you can use like 300 gigs a month depending on what you watch

PremiereElite
09-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Wow really......what is iptv.......you are streaming....you use internet.......you can use like 300 gigs a month depending on what you watch
Is he providing IPTV? or is he a subscriber of IPTV service? Before you " wow" understand what's the difference..

tbird686
09-25-2014, 11:17 PM
okay if i buy iptv thats what he is doing.....your streaming the service.....is that free? no your downloading the content.....if he was providing then he would be up loading .......your question is why would you need unlimited to view iptv.....answer is because you are downloading the content.......

what am i missing here???? really.....

PremiereElite
09-25-2014, 11:30 PM
okay if i buy iptv thats what he is doing.....your streaming the service.....is that free? no your downloading the content.....if he was providing then he would be up loading .......your question is why would you need unlimited to view iptv.....answer is because you are downloading the content.......

what am i missing here???? really.....

With due respect Sir, Streaming is transmitting a continuous flow of audio or video... If you are an IPTV subscriber it would simply means that you are being provided a stream transmitted by the service PROVIDER.

tbird686
09-25-2014, 11:35 PM
ya thats downloading content...........there are real numbers lets say i if i buy iptv and watch tv for 5 ish hours thats about 10 gigs ( depending sd or hd) all week so say 70 gigs a week times 4.........so you will use 280gigs a months of streaming

thats what i'm saying.....unlimited....if you leave it on....or watch more..........300 gigs is a start for you download limit.......my provider is only 250 i wish they offered unlimited ....

all everyone needs to know.........you watch its downloading........you just need to make sure you dont go over your limit or people will cry .......

PremiereElite
09-25-2014, 11:52 PM
What speed internet is good for IPTV. Will 15 mbps be fast enough?
ya thats downloading content...........there are real numbers lets say i if i buy iptv and watch tv for 5 ish hours thats about 10 gigs ( depending sd or hd) all week so say 70 gigs a week times 4.........so you will use 280gigs a months of streamingthats what i'm saying.....unlimited....if you leave it on....or watch more..........300 gigs is a start for you download limit.......my provider is only 250 i wish they offered unlimited ....all everyone needs to know.........you watch its downloading........you just need to make sure you dont go over your limit or people will cry .......Well Sir let me simply say this.. I have an IPTV subscription and I also uses Netflix on 3 smart tvs and I DO NOT PAY $1 dollar extra on my internet bill neither is there any cap to watching these movies by my internet provider... This being said I rest my case.. :D

zokii1983
09-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Well Sir let me simply say this.. I have an IPTV subscription and I also uses Netflix on 3 smart tvs and I DO NOT PAY $1 dollar extra on my internet bill neither is there any cap to watching these movies by my internet provider... This being said I rest my case.. :D

I think you Sir....... are confusing IPTV provided by your ISP with IPTV from internet providers like wowtv etc

tbird686
09-26-2014, 12:05 AM
well good for you do you want a pat on the back.....you have a good provider.....shi@ we should all sign up to this guy because at his house life is perfect............well the rest of us wish we had your life........you must be american with an unlimited package or the laws of downloading don't aply to you gosh i wish i was blessed with your gift..........

ok reality..........thoughs who don't have unlimited internet...........iptv is great yes.........but if its your primary tv source.......watch out or make sure your limit is not reached......i'm not your mother don't be afraid....us it just i don't want to here people crying if it goes over...really i don't care watch all night and day...........go for it............i was just trying to help others

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 12:11 AM
I think you Sir....... are confusing IPTV provided by your ISP with IPTV from internet providers like wowtv etc
I think you Sir have no clue as to what you are talking about .. MY ISP DOES NOT provide IPTV lolol I am currently using RADIOSITY which is an IPTV service provided by someone else :D I have no limit I have no CAP on my net lol... prolly you guys should do some research uh.. :D

zokii1983
09-26-2014, 12:23 AM
I think you Sir have no clue as to what you are talking about .. MY ISP DOES NOT provide IPTV lolol I am currently using RADIOSITY which is an IPTV service provided by someone else :D I have no limit I have no CAP on my net lol... prolly you guys should do some research uh.. :D

not that I wanna brag or anything... but since you started ...
I happened to live in area of Hamilton where 2 years ago 100 mb connection was around $80 + $10 for unlimited.. and they had special deal for 250 mb for $120
I ended up with 50 mb ... unlimited, because I felt it's more than enough :)

not all is green tho .. mountaincable (original isp with above crazy offers) was purchased by shaw.. shaw was purchased by Rogers ... I still got same deal, but it's just matter of time before they put a cap

but congrats to you on your radiocity and unlimited internet

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 12:27 AM
not that I wanna brag or anything... but since you started ...
I happened to live in area of Hamilton where 2 years ago 100 mb connection was around $80 + $10 for unlimited.. and they had special deal for 250 mb for $120
I ended up with 50 mb ... unlimited, because I felt it's more than enough :)

not all is green tho .. mountaincable (original isp with above crazy offers) was purchased by shaw.. shaw was purchased by Rogers ... I still got same deal, but it's just matter of time before they put a cap

but congrats to you on your radiocity and unlimited internet

Ok I'm in USA so I dont know how your ISP are constituted ... There is no limit here by my ISP regarding the amount of content I can watch or download.. maybe its different in Can, so my apology..

tbird686
09-26-2014, 12:27 AM

no clue hey? you must be in the usa? right? well that says it all because if it works where you are then it must be every where well ass

a lot of people here are canadian an yes it dose not snow 24 / 7 here retard.....other people don't have unlimited internet....we get hooped........so your comments don't just apply to you and your neighbors or the people on your street.........think out side the box

tbird686
09-26-2014, 12:29 AM
**** i wish Yankees weren't so igernant.......with all this internet ........really come on

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 12:29 AM
no clue hey? you must be in the usa? right? well that says it all because if it works where you are then it must be every where well ass

a lot of people here are canadian an yes it dose not snow 24 / 7 here retard.....other people don't have unlimited internet....we get hooped........so your comments don't just apply to you and your neighbors or the people on your street.........think out side the box

Read post #18 ty

tbird686
09-26-2014, 12:33 AM
your the best buddy when i grow up i want to be you............

zokii1983
09-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Ok I'm in USA so I dont know how your ISP are constituted ... There is no limit here by my ISP regarding the amount of content I can watch or download.. maybe its different in Can, so my apology..

nah ... it's all same **** really ...
we have teksavvy with similar offers and prolly few more providers ... but we are pretty much forced to use rogers or bell (American equal to comcast)

so yeah, they let you go crazy with speeds ... but put a cap to 150 GBs a month or so

don't really wanna move out of this area because of internet
it was crazy really ... from 2001 to 2010 or so.. 7 mb was as high as you can go with mountaincable ... and than, crazy jump ... first 15 was out for same price, than 25 ... and eventually 50 mb unlimited with bundle ended up being same money I was paying for 7 mb
100 mb was $20 extra

soon after, shaw stepped in ... now rogers, and we are doomed

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 12:46 AM
nah ... it's all same **** really ...
we have teksavvy with similar offers and prolly few more providers ... but we are pretty much forced to use rogers or bell (American equal to comcast)

so yeah, they let you go crazy with speeds ... but put a cap to 150 GBs a month or so

don't really wanna move out of this area because of internet
it was crazy really ... from 2001 to 2010 or so.. 7 mb was as high as you can go with mountaincable ... and than, crazy jump ... first 15 was out for same price, than 25 ... and eventually 50 mb unlimited with bundle ended up being same money I was paying for 7 mb
100 mb was $20 extra

soon after, shaw stepped in ... now rogers, and we are doomed

Ridiculous really to put a cap on how much someone can watch or download using an ISP service lol .. well my friend good ole Usa you can watch until you drop lolol so is downloading movies, audio whatever :D

tbird686
09-26-2014, 12:57 AM
ya so............being on here so long.........like i said xxxxx american..........because it works on your street you assume its ever where and ready to fight it.............ya were not all for there......so remember that in future..............thats my pet pev you Americans are so ignorant.......use the internet or watch tv really you can't be that dumb.......the world is not like the usa where they fill the meat with saud dust and call it beef.........come on .....500 posts and you know nothing about the canadians..........don't get me started.......**** you get a lot of power (electricity) from us but were so dumb we live in i glues ...

i really wish i lived there where if i get hurt it costs 10,000 dollars because your health care sucks........rich stay rich and f the poor or average.......ya usa is the best !!!!!

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 01:05 AM
ya so............being on here so long.........like i said fucing american..........because it works on your street you assume its ever where and ready to fight it.............ya were not all for there......so remember that in future..............thats my pet pev you Americans are so ignorant.......use the internet or watch tv really you can't be that dumb.......the world is not like the usa where they fill the meat with saud dust and call it beef.........come on .....500 posts and you know nothing about the canadians..........don't get me started.......**** you get a lot of power (electricity) from us but were so dumb we live in i glues ...

i really wish i lived there where if i get hurt it costs 10,000 dollars because your health care sucks........rich stay rich and f the poor or average.......ya usa is the best !!!!!

So im ''dumb'' and all thats bad because I said they should NOT cap your service uh lolol :thumbsup: :D

tbird686
09-26-2014, 01:11 AM
wow because you said it it must be then right???

no your ignorant because you boosted how the download didn't effect you....but when we or i mentioned the unlimited part you forget there are people who don't have that....

the main point:

if you use iptv.................watch your down load usage .............is all........gosh........thats it..........really man.......

rhsalt54
09-26-2014, 11:05 AM
Well I'm on time warner and there is no cap.

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Well I'm on time warner and there is no cap.
You good to go .. that third86 guy prolly was drunk last night lol

Anubis
09-26-2014, 01:28 PM
**** i wish Yankees weren't so igernant.......with all this internet ........really come on

your the best buddy when i grow up i want to be you............

ya so............being on here so long.........like i said xxxxx american..........because it works on your street you assume its ever where and ready to fight it.............ya were not all for there......so remember that in future..............thats my pet pev you Americans are so ignorant.......use the internet or watch tv really you can't be that dumb.......the world is not like the usa where they fill the meat with saud dust and call it beef.........come on .....500 posts and you know nothing about the canadians..........don't get me started.......**** you get a lot of power (electricity) from us but were so dumb we live in i glues ...

wow because you said it it must be then right???

no your ignorant because you boosted how the download didn't effect you....but when we or i mentioned the unlimited part you forget there are people who don't have that....

the main point:

if you use iptv.................watch your down load usage .............is all........gosh........thats it..........really man.......

You are walking a very thin rope. Quit bashing and being sarcastic to other members and their location or I will show you the door.
No second warning.

mrpink
09-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Unlimited data is not a unheard of thing in Canada. While you may have to put some effort in to find a isp that has unlimited, it's not impossible. I'm in Canada and have had unlimited for as long as I remember, not to mention, cheaper then the big monopoly companies as well.

toronto9413
09-26-2014, 07:08 PM
Usually you need to go with a reseller to get reasonable prices for unlimited. For example, teksavvy has reasonable unlimited prices while the company they re-sell for (Shaw) charges ridiculous...

c8rbk1ng
09-26-2014, 11:00 PM
The main problem with iptv still is the quality. It's not good enough yet. You need 12MBps+ for quality equivalent to what you would get with a dish.

That's not true. My quality is equal or better than Satellite depending on the quality of the stream (sd or hd) and what I'm streaming it to (my hdtv or computer monitor). How fast you're downloading prevents buffering but does not effect quality.

PremiereElite
09-26-2014, 11:09 PM
Unlimited data is not a unheard of thing in Canada. While you may have to put some effort in to find a isp that has unlimited, it's not impossible. I'm in Canada and have had unlimited for as long as I remember, not to mention, cheaper then the big monopoly companies as well.
I hope tbird learn something from this lol :D and not cuss you out lol

tbird686
09-27-2014, 12:30 AM
ok..........thanks