PDA

View Full Version : trying to get back into things, Sat problems, High signals no channels not even free

stevenhayes
12-09-2014, 12:54 AM
Been a few years since I played around with my limesat hd air. Forgot everything about it. Cement new dish into the ground. Temp only have sat 119 plugged in with only 1 wire to dishpro LNB. Then moved wire to other LEG LNB's.

1st problem looking up dish pointing setting points (70542) it says skew is at -7, there is no -7 skew on my dish, goes down to -40. I hooked up little sat meter and moved it around till i got a signal. (set skew at 90). Getting 97 strength and 95 to 97 quality but sat does not lock in (stays red, bars do not go green). Tried on 118, 123, 110 and all sats show high quality and strength but not 1 locks in and will not pick up any channels on scan. Not even the free one like 100 or preview.

Installed newest file Limesat_HD_AIR_v130. Subbed to a new rocket, put in all info and unit says server is connected (hard wire cat5). How ever IP, DNS, all info on that screen does not populate. Stuck at searching. Go back into network settings and rechecked, says connected. I disconnected and reconnected several times and still will not populate info.

What are my options before i buy a new system?

dishuser
12-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Been a few years since I played around with my limesat hd air. Forgot everything about it. Cement new dish into the ground. Temp only have sat 119 plugged in with only 1 wire to dishpro LNB. Then moved wire to other LEG LNB's.

1st problem looking up dish pointing setting points (70542) it says skew is at -7, there is no -7 skew on my dish, goes down to -40. I hooked up little sat meter and moved it around till i got a signal. (set skew at 90). Getting 97 strength and 95 to 97 quality but sat does not lock in (stays red, bars do not go green). Tried on 118, 123, 110 and all sats show high quality and strength but not 1 locks in and will not pick up any channels on scan. Not even the free one like 100 or preview.

Installed newest file Limesat_HD_AIR_v130. Subbed to a new rocket, put in all info and unit says server is connected (hard wire cat5). How ever IP, DNS, all info on that screen does not populate. Stuck at searching. Go back into network settings and rechecked, says connected. I disconnected and reconnected several times and still will not populate info.

only 1 thread per topic needed
and this section isn't for sat help

Glatt
12-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Will populate with a DN donation!!

Anubis
12-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Thread moved to appropriate area.

whoknows
12-09-2014, 04:42 PM

What is "then moved wire to other leg"

If your dish goes to minus 40 (-40) then turn it back 33 = -7

You could let us know what l n b or how many you have or what dish you have?

Also let us know what antenna settings. example 119=disq #1 ...110 = disq #2

Check with rocket as to what ip you should use with limesat.

Good working box is dreamlink t5