PDA

View Full Version : Slow To Get Video

dalej88
12-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Just started testing this box and have a couple of questions.
When receiver is initially turned on, it is very slow to get video. The sound comes on, but no picture for what seems like a minute or two. Is this normal? The HDMI cable was replaced with same result.
It came pre-loaded with 3.2.47 firmware. Should it be updated to 3.2.57?

Thanks

dalej88
12-31-2014, 02:20 PM
Just noticed that it is the HD Channels only that have the issue. SD pic comes in instantly.

iq180
12-31-2014, 04:10 PM
The HDs will come in slow but that's your PS, as for the firmware I think the V7 allchunk file v 3.2.57 is the best for all V model
jynxboxes.

dalej88
12-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks iq180. Last night it took about 5 minutes for tsn hd to come in. Today no video at all. That's the ps??? SD comes in fine.
Can the 3.2.57 be loaded by USB? Can't seem to find tutorial for loader and there seems to be a firmware file as well as a allchunk file when unzipped.

iq180
12-31-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks iq180. Last night it took about 5 minutes for tsn hd to come in. Today no video at all. That's the ps??? SD comes in fine.
Can the 3.2.57 be loaded by USB? Can't seem to find tutorial for loader and there seems to be a firmware file as well as a allchunk file when unzipped.
No you can only load the allchunk file with the loader & loader cable.

dalej88
12-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Any chance you can walk me through it? Which file is it that gets downloaded , the allchunk abs file or the firmware bin?

Thanks

wheresmystuff
12-31-2014, 08:08 PM
its not your firmware its your p$

iq180
12-31-2014, 08:09 PM
Any chance you can walk me through it? Which file is it that gets downloaded , the allchunk abs file or the firmware bin?

Thanks
allchunk abs file is what you load, you need the rs232 cable and a computer with an rs232 port is best, you can use a usb to rs232
cable but it don't work as good.

dalej88
01-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Just wanted to report back. I did a lot of reading yesterday and found that you can load the all chunk file via usb if you change the file extension to .bin from .abs and use the all flash method. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks to mountaineer for finding a work around.

iq180
01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Just wanted to report back. I did a lot of reading yesterday and found that you can load the all chunk file via usb if you change the file extension to .bin from .abs and use the all flash method. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks to mountaineer for finding a work around.
Yep I did see that at another site but I have not tested it yet.

iq180
01-01-2015, 03:57 PM
I just tested it and after a few tries I did get it to work, it loads as allchunk.bin in the upgrade menu, I will post a sticky on how
to get it to work.

dalej88
01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
I just tested it and after a few tries I did get it to work, it loads as allchunk.bin in the upgrade menu, I will post a sticky on how
to get it to work.
Yes as long as you use the ALL Flash option.
Great idea! Thanks again for your help and advice.

dalej88
01-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Upon further testing the issue seems to be with setup, not receiver. The setup is a motorized dish running to a Sonicview SD receiver that is looped out to the Jynbox. Because the Sonicview is SD it is not picking up signal on transponders that are HD in this case on Sat 82. The Jynxbox seems to only pick up video on certain channels, dependant on where the Sonicview channels are set. Tried setting the Sonicview in standby and having it powered on and it doesn't seem to matter. Also tried shutting LNB power off on SV. Is there anything that can be tried to overcome this issue? Would a signal amplifier help with this issue between SV and Jynxbox???

iq180
01-06-2015, 11:50 PM
Upon further testing the issue seems to be with setup, not receiver. The setup is a motorized dish running to a Sonicview SD receiver that is looped out to the Jynbox. Because the Sonicview is SD it is not picking up signal on transponders that are HD in this case on Sat 82. The Jynxbox seems to only pick up video on certain channels, dependant on where the Sonicview channels are set. Tried setting the Sonicview in standby and having it powered on and it doesn't seem to matter. Also tried shutting LNB power off on SV. Is there anything that can be tried to overcome this issue? Would a signal amplifier help with this issue between SV and Jynxbox???
You should never use the loop out port on any fta receiver, you need another line from the lnb, if the lnb don't have a second port
you need to setup the jynxbox to run the motor.

dalej88
01-07-2015, 12:58 AM
It's worked fine for years on SD. This is the first issue I have ever had with loop out. It makes sense if the SD receiver isn't picking up the 8PSK signal on the majority of transponders on sat 82. Just wondered if there was a work around?

iq180
01-07-2015, 02:17 AM
It's worked fine for years on SD. This is the first issue I have ever had with loop out. It makes sense if the SD receiver isn't picking up the 8PSK signal on the majority of transponders on sat 82. Just wondered if there was a work around?
You can still use the SV to the motor but you will still need a coax cable from the lnb to the jynxbox.
All my jynxboxes will run my HH motor just fine.

dalej88
01-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Hooked up the Jynxbox to the motor yesterday using USALS and it works like a charm. Now if it only had a theme menu.....