PDA

View Full Version : T5 and T4?

squirtNcider
01-03-2015, 03:23 PM
I currently have a T5 and love it. My question is does the T4 run the same way? Channel changing amd guide for north and south? A friend wants one like mine but not HD, just SD and was going to tell him to get the T4 as my T5 has done me very well but I don't know anyone with the T4 to give any input.
Thanks

torpainter
01-03-2015, 05:05 PM
t4 is a nice unit and is capable of getting mpeg4 but I believe it would need a new file to enable the channels.There is a chance mpeg4 will be here soon

squirtNcider
01-03-2015, 05:11 PM
So would that be the same for the T5 needing a new file also for mpeg4? If that's the case, I would (hopefully) assume one would be released for both units but I know nothing is for sure. If its not needed for the T5, that's a big difference.

torpainter
01-03-2015, 05:29 PM
So would that be the same for the T5 needing a new file also for mpeg4? If that's the case, I would (hopefully) assume one would be released for both units but I know nothing is for sure. If its not needed for the T5, that's a big difference.

t5 has no such issues

squirtNcider
01-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Ok...great....That's something I didn't know and makes a huge difference.....
Thanks for the help.

They seller I was talking to says this T4 is already mpeg4 ready.....Is that possible that there is a T4 with the capability already without a new file?

Irish
01-04-2015, 01:49 PM
mpeg 4 is a video format. Many Free to Air Channels are moving from the Standard DVB-S MPEG2
to Standard DVB-S MPEG4 or High Definition DVB-S2 MPEG4.
The newest T-4 will enable you to receive SD mpeg4 video transmissions. To add a PS you will need a file.

squirtNcider
01-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I know about adding a p$ server but just wanted to make sure that when they do switch, the T4 will be ready for it.
Thanks