PDA

View Full Version : Charile says old receivers no good after May 31

hutch
01-22-2015, 05:18 AM
read at another site ... he got a letter on his sub... can anyone else confirm?

need to move out of rumors section now... got confirmation from reliable source...

Hunter11
01-22-2015, 04:09 PM
read at another site ... he got a letter on his sub... can anyone else confirm?

need to move out of rumors section now... got confirmation from reliable source...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

Anubis
01-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Looks like those stealing tv will have to get up on the roof and make some adjustments. I can see the threads posted now.... "which direction am I moving the dish?", "I'm not getting anything, no signal", "I have no picture", etc. lol

Terryl
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
This is the fist I've heard about this and I have tons of older receivers online. (commercial accounts)

Hunter11
01-22-2015, 07:55 PM
Somebody is going to be busy.
This is the fist I've heard about this and I have tons of older receivers online. (commercial accounts)

wheresmystuff
01-22-2015, 09:04 PM
were they on eastern or western arc? Im reading a change(dish setup) will be needed for those on eastern arc not west. But im not sure how accurate that is

wheresmystuff
01-22-2015, 09:05 PM
CP from different site:

Below is an overview of the two types of migration that DISH may be performing for the customers involved:

QPSK Migration

Existing customers with one or more QPSK receiver on their account will be asked to upgrade to a more current receiver.
QPSK receivers include:
301, 2800, 3700, 3900, 4900, 1000/1500, 3000/3500, 4000/4500, 5000/5500, 501, 508, 510
The customer’s QPSK receivers will be upgraded at no upfront cost. The customer will also not be required to enter into a new commitment. An upfront cost and a new commitment may be required if a customer requests an upgrade to a Hopper system.These migrations must be completed by May 2015.

Eastern Arc Markets Migration

Existing customers in certain DMAs will be required to upgrade to all MPEG-4 (HD) receivers and have their antenna flipped to the Eastern Arc. The customer will be upgraded and their antenna flipped at no cost. The customer will also not be required to enter into a new commitment. An upfront cost and a new commitment may be required if a customer requests an upgrade to a Hopper system.

The migrations in the below DMAs must be completed by the end of 2015. Additional DMAs are being migrated on a reactive basis only, but these customers will not be receiving migration letters at this time

luckystorm
01-22-2015, 09:35 PM
oh no looks like the world will come to an end ............lol easy come and easy go back to work to find another way ha ha now it will be fun again Testing, testing , testing and then there will be another way it never ends just gets to be fun

Hunter11
01-22-2015, 10:03 PM
You may see an upswing in the IPTV use, seems to be quite stable and reliable.
Ya never know...plastic might be back 1 more time.

wheresmystuff
01-22-2015, 11:48 PM
No doubt in my mind.I would like to see it evolve properly,though.I'm willing to bet that someone in the iptv providers seat designs a gui with a fully functioning guide.That's about all that separates iptv from sat as we speak, and maybe some picture quality too.
Picture quality is what is holding it back Imo. But the way all these providers are going with netflix type services it'll be here sooner then later

torpainter
01-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Picture quality is what is holding it back Imo. But the way all these providers are going with netflix type services it'll be here sooner then later

there will be other ways of getting tv on smart boxes besides netflix style services

wheresmystuff
01-23-2015, 01:13 AM
there will be other ways of getting tv on smart boxes besides netflix style services

What other ways other then IPTV running off mag250 and roku here, as well as such services like.shomi, netflix and crave. I don't know of any other ways.

Hunter11
01-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Apple 2 tv would be a good example xbmc among others.

What other ways other then IPTV running off mag250 and roku here, as well as such services like.shomi, netflix and crave. I don't know of any other ways.