PDA

View Full Version : Federal Court enters final judgment against NFusion Private Server end-user Donald Si

NHL
03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Federal Court enters final judgment against NFusion Private Server end-user Donald Singh, awards $10,000 in statutory penalties, and issues a permanent injunction

On February 6, 2015 the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio granted DISH Network and NagraStar’s motion for final judgment against Donald Singh. Singh was sued by DISH Network and NagraStar for federal claims arising out of his subscription to the NFusion Private Server. The Court’s order includes a permanent injunction against Singh as well as an award of $10,000 in statutory damages (the maximum damages per violation) under the Electronics Communication Privacy Act. DISH Network and NagraStar continue to investigate and take action against those responsible for trying to circumvent the companies’ security system in order to gain unauthorized access to DISH Network programming.

steven charles
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM
the way I see if they didn,t charge a arm and a leg for there sub,people wouldn,t be looking other ways to get the programing.....

NHL
03-08-2015, 08:15 PM
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF OHIO EASTERN DIVISION
DISH NETWORK L.L.C., et al., ) )
CASE NO. 1:14-cv-1581
) PLAINTIFFS, ) JUDGE SARA LIOI ) v. ) ) ) JUDGMENT ENTRY DONALD SINGH, ) ) ) DEFENDANT. )
For the reasons set forth in the contemporaneously filed Memorandum
Opinion, plaintiffs’ motion for default judgment is GRANTED. Judgment is entered in
favor of plaintiffs and against defendant Donald Singh as to Count III of the complaint
alleging violations 18 U.S.C. §§ 2511(1)(a) and 2520, and statutory damages in the
amount of $10,000 are awarded in favor of plaintiffs and against defendant Donald Singh
in accordance with 18 U.S.C. § 2520(c)(2)(B).
Further for the reasons set forth in the contemporaneously filed
Memorandum Opinion, defendant Donald Singh, and anyone acting in active concert or
participation with or at the direction or control of the defendant, is hereby permanently
enjoined from:
(1) circumventing or assisting others in circumventing DISH Network’s security system, or otherwise intercepting or assisting others in intercepting DISH Network’s satellite signal; and
Case: 1:14-cv-01581-SL Doc #: 10 Filed: 02/06/15 1 of 2. PageID #: 163

(2) testing, analyzing, reverse engineering, manipulating, or otherwise extracting codes, data, or information from DISH Network’s satellite receivers, smart cards, satellite data stream, or any other part or component of the DISH Network security system.
This permanent injunction takes effect immediately.
Counts I and II of the complaint are dismissed with prejudice.
The Court retains jurisdiction over this action for the purpose of enforcing
this final judgment and permanent injunction. This case is closed.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: February 6, 2015 HONORABLE SARA LIOI UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE

steven charles
03-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Riding lawnmowers cost too much as well,but it doesn't give you the right to steal one because they do.lolwere not stealing my friend,were just borrowing the signal that passes thru our roof a little while,lol,,

Nostradamus
03-08-2015, 09:08 PM
sure they would because it is still cheaper, the way things are now is people flock back and forth to who ever is a dollar cheaper. Nothing would change unless DN giving it away

steven charles
03-08-2015, 09:13 PM
sure they would because it is still cheaper, the way things are now is people flock back and forth to who ever is a dollar cheaper. Nothing would change unless DN giving it awaydish giving something free away,it,ll never happen,i,ll bet next year will be paying 20 more bucks for the regular sub....

dishuser
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM
were not stealing my friend,were just borrowing the signal that passes thru our roof a little while,lol,,

signal?
really?

Nostradamus
03-08-2015, 10:49 PM
were not stealing my friend,were just borrowing the signal that passes thru our roof a little while,lol,,

actually what little signal, if any , coming through your roof is useless. That is why you have a dish and an amplifier in your back yard and pipe it in over coax

steven charles
03-08-2015, 10:54 PM
actually it goes by every roof we just happen to put a dish on the way and borrow a little signal for our fta,lol,,

dishuser
03-09-2015, 12:54 AM
actually it goes by every roof we just happen to put a dish on the way and borrow a little signal for our fta,lol,,
explain the internet part mr. rogers...please