PDA

View Full Version : Best IPTV Box - Mag254 Vs Roku3 Vs Mage 275

nasirkamran
03-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Hi

I don't have much knowledge about IPTV but now looking to buy one and need to know which box is the best for a smooth IPTV experience like the standard dish we used to have before. Any feedback about the following boxes for the flawless IPTV service:

Mag254
Roku3 Android Box
Mag275
AuraHD Box
Any other box

Infomir is selling these Mag boxes with one year warranty. Any feedback buying from Infomir.

I have 30MB/Sec internet with 300GB data limit/mth which i believe would be good enough for watching HD content.

tubbs
04-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Hi

I don't have much knowledge about IPTV but now looking to buy one and need to know which box is the best for a smooth IPTV experience like the standard dish we used to have before. Any feedback about the following boxes for the flawless IPTV service:

Mag254
Roku3 Android Box
Mag275
AuraHD Box
Any other box

Infomir is selling these Mag boxes with one year warranty. Any feedback buying from Infomir.

I have 30MB/Sec internet with 300GB data limit/mth which i believe would be good enough for watching HD content.

Good Question, I'm confused and don't know what to buy also:

Nostradamus
04-02-2015, 10:30 AM
well just because you are paying for 30Mbit does not mean you will get that speed either. That is maximum. I have 50 here and usually get about 45 - 48. Mine will stream SD & 720 no problem but when I get a 1080 stream I will see some buffering. Now let me tell you this is running on a pc with a 6 core processor, 2GB video and 12 gb of RAM PC

you're bigger problem would be the bandwidth cap as it would not really take long to burn up 300 GB streaming HD content if you intend to watch a lot of tv. three hours of HD streaming every day would be pushing it close to your monthly cap, and keep in mind that since you are probably sharing that web connection with other devices they require bandwidth as well. I seem to recall seeing someplace that a rough estimate was 10GB per hour for 1080p but my memory is damn foggy these days so that could be entirely wrong

areader
04-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi

Mag254
Roku3 Android Box
Mag275
AuraHD Box
Any other box

I bought a Mag254 direct from Infomir, price was great, cheaper then ebay, shipping was super fast, no probloms here

nasirkamran
04-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Did you guys ever tried running Roku3 for IPTV. It has other advantages like streaming roku channels while IPTV is down etc. How is buffering on it.

Nostradamus
04-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Roku is a joke. that server goes down and the thing is useless. Ask anybody that bought a megasat tvi box or a jynxbox live how well their proprietary IPTV service is working. the best solution is grab an old pc or laptop, load it up with Kodi, add whatever addons you want and watch tv and maintain it yourself

second best option is to grab a quad core android and do the same thing with it

tbird686
04-08-2015, 09:28 PM
i have the mag250 and sell the 254s i had a roku i didnt like the paid services

the mag boxes are great and the paid services have tv guide info where the roku didn't
i dont know anything about the 270

but i dont notice a difference between the 250 or the 254 they both play the 3d movies on my 3d tv from the vod collections