PDA

View Full Version : mac addy question

kofte
04-20-2015, 11:13 AM
Can someone explain how giving out the MAC address of the MAG box causes you to be stuck to one supplier? Recently purchased the Mag250 and like it with the free links scattered around but am interested in subbing to a quality, stable server.

whoknows
04-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Did you try putting the box back to factory and then using another service?

kofte
04-20-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't have this problem, I just read in another thread that this was the case if one gives out their mac address.

Glatt
04-20-2015, 02:00 PM
How do you connect to VooDoo or IPGUYS without a mac addy??

Thunderbolt
04-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Is the mac addy you provide to your p$ provider for your Mag254 box or for your personal pc?

kofte
04-20-2015, 07:21 PM
It was a theoretical question. It's not a problem I'm having. I just read on this forum in another thread that this is supposedly the case and so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it. A mod created this thread without actually warranting a thread, it was a question to the person who made this claim.

I'm not subbed to any pay server at the moment and so asked; if I sub to a server like IPGuys and then decide it's not for me, would I not be able to sub to another pay server, that's all.

Edit: Thunder, it's the MAC address of the box you intend to connect to the server with (ie. if PC > PC mac, if MAG > MAG mac)

runamok
04-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Can someone explain how giving out the MAC address of the MAG box causes you to be stuck to one supplier? Recently purchased the Mag250 and like it with the free links scattered around but am interested in subbing to a quality, stable server.

You give your boxes mac address to the provider so they can add you in.But you should be able to switch portals/providers or turn them off.

ricky1lung
04-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Ok so all this just happened to me i just got my mag254 a little over a month ago when i bought it for an extra $ amount i could get either voodoo or ipguys so i took it with ipguys....a minth whent by and ipguys ran out and i wanted to get it frim someone on here be he was getting a stb blocked cause my mac address was in the other guys panel and all i had to do was get him to remove it from his so i could be added ti the other nit really that hard

tbird686
04-20-2015, 11:58 PM
right now with the mag 250 or the 254 you can have up to 8 portals on it

ipguys lets us delete the mac from the panel but voodoo is still holding the mac so if you buy voodoo from one guy then want to buy voodoo from another your still stuck to that sellers panel just for voodoo

but if you buy ipguys from one guy and want to go to another the sellers can remove you from the panel

i just like you can add up to 8 services now.........i only know of 5 but its good to have the option

ipguys
voodoo
gem (mostly indian)

rocket
ultimate (not ready yet)

Eddy
05-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Had ipguys and its expierd no respons from reseller going with another reseller but mag is blocked cant get ipguys again but it works with voodo
Is there anyway to unblock it and get ipguys again?
Thanks

tbird686
05-21-2016, 03:18 PM
you need to have the re seller to delete it off there panel

did you buy it from me?

pm me i might be able to help even if you didnt buy from me i can request to have it freed

Eddy
05-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Thanks tbird

Wouldnt be better for costomer relation when it expires it auto unblock it or at least there should be an instruction so people could disingage the mac addy so not to bother other reseller like nice people like you
Sometime reseller like mine diappear for their personal reasons and couldent be accessed

tbird686
05-21-2016, 06:06 PM
ya lots of things would be nice lol

but its not like you buy this from future shop from a company with millions of dollars be hind them to make it perfect

im just happy when the tv works its not going to happen where they spend endless hours to make every one happy they have already come a long way and thats nice

before it use to be a lot of free streams from Europe and they were selling here as there own but now they learned how to build it up here and stream there own

i feel thats where the freezing comes from its like my "pos" computer she needs a reboot every so often or she acts up

i think these guys need to just do complete reboots late at night or first thing in the morning and clear there cashe and i would bet all the freezing would go away

just let us know so we could expect it......like every sunday at 7 am lol

just my 2 cents