PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens game 6 (preview)

KIDWCKED
04-26-2015, 06:59 PM
c/p from tsn

The Ottawa Senators had no shortage of confidence during their second-half playoff push, though some self-doubt may have crept in after three consecutive playoff losses.
A dominant showing in Game 5 against Montreal quickly resolved that issue.
Two wins shy of extending their spectacular run, the Senators may have stolen the momentum from the Canadiens as the series shifts back to Ottawa for Sunday night's Game 6.
Ottawa suffered three one-goal defeats to open their first-round tilt with the Canadiens - two of them in overtime - but has rebounded nicely with a gritty 1-0 victory and a 5-1 rout Friday in Game 5.
"Stringing together those two wins, that brings a lot of life to this club," Marc Methot said. "It asserts ourselves. We know now that we can do this. ... When you come out of the gate and you're down 3-0 in the series, a lot of stuff runs through your mind.
"It shows how resilient this group is. How mentally strong we can be, and tough. I like our chances."
Craig Anderson, who took over Ottawa's goaltending duties in Game 3, earned the 1-0 shutout Wednesday before stopping 45 shots Friday in Montreal.
For a matchup in which Canadiens star Carey Price figured to be the marquee attraction, Anderson has been the most dominant goaltender of the series, allowing only three goals in three games with a .976 save percentage.
His stifling play finally got under the Canadiens' skin in the third period Friday. With 2:03 left, Brandon Prust speared Anderson to set off a scuffle with the netminder.
"There's certainly frustration on their part," Senators coach Dave Cameron said. "A sure sign of frustration is when they're taking cheap shots at your goaltender, who's a real good player for us."
Price snapped a string of impressive starts with five goals allowed on 25 shots Friday - an .800 save percentage that matches the third-worst playoff performance in his career.
Price, who was named a Vezina Trophy finalist earlier in the day, had surrendered just one goal in each of his previous two games.
"The solutions can be found in this room," Price told the Canadiens' official website. "We still have room to maneuver. They're still the ones with their backs against the wall. You can't really talk about pressure just yet."
The Senators received an offensive boost in Game 5 from Bobby Ryan, who scored two goals to snap a 16-game drought that dated to March 21. The four-time 30-goal scorer netted only 18 this season - the fewest for a full season in his career.
Erik Karlsson also scored Friday to continue his stellar play. The former Norris Trophy winner has tallied a point in four of the series' five games, and had three goals and three assists in four regular-season matchups with Montreal.
Montreal's offense has gone cold following its 2-1 overtime win in Game 3, scoring just once over Ottawa's two wins. Although the Canadiens' shot totals remain high - 46 in Game 5 - they're aware that they'll need activity in front to beat the red-hot Anderson.
"We have to take away his eyes," said Price. "When you go up against a hot goaltender, the recipe isn't a complicated one. You have to create traffic in front of him and capitalize on rebounds. It's no secret to anybody."
The Senators won both regular season meetings with Montreal in Ottawa.

Nostradamus
04-26-2015, 08:35 PM
let's go Sens! :)

KIDWCKED
04-26-2015, 08:37 PM

Me too...whoot..;)

surfinisfun
04-26-2015, 08:45 PM

Me too...whoot..;)

Me tree.....hope they do better than my nucks did in their game six.

Go sens :thumbsup:

Nostradamus
04-26-2015, 08:59 PM
I just want to see somebody take that goof Subban's head off and knock him out for the rest of the playoffs seeing as how Bettman and league are scared to do it

surfinisfun
04-26-2015, 09:07 PM
I just want to see somebody take that goof Subban's head off and knock him out for the rest of the playoffs seeing as how Bettman and league are scared to do it

Oh no, can't do that in today's world...... it would become a race issue.

Some kind of therapy would be involved along with a counseling on race relations. lmao

Costactc
04-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Me four....NOT! GO HABS GO.

bikerbottawa
04-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Habs will take it tonight
Not that the habs are a better team but the Sens will choke

If it looks like a skunk, and walks like a skunk and smells like a skunk, well.........................happens every year boys and girls!!

The Cobra
04-26-2015, 09:16 PM
GO SENS GO ..................the hapless Habs are going down.

KIDWCKED
04-26-2015, 09:35 PM
GO SENS GO ..................the hapless Habs are going down.

i remember someone saying habs in 6.. or ottawa in 7...go sens!!...:)

TLG
04-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Ottawa lost tonight ,,,, but did they lose the game? ,,, I think not.
first, Galager's goal should have been a high sticking penalty, and the goal reversed,
second, the premature whistle which resulted in Ottawa's disallowed goal was a "hockey play" crime, which cost
ottawa the game and robbed us of what would have been a beautiful a game 7.

The Cobra
04-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Next...GHG !!!
Did any of you think for ONE second that Snottawa could beat Carey Price 4 games in a row?rotflmao.

It took Chris Lee to do it.

The Cobra
04-27-2015, 01:12 AM
first, Galager's goal should have been a high sticking penalty, and the goal reversed,
second, the premature whistle which resulted in Ottawa's disallowed goal was a "hockey play" crime, which cost

the laugher is that Habs fans all season wanted to hang Chris lee by his cajones outside the Bell Centre and he`s the one that hands them the next round.

Kidding aside............Price showed tonite why he`ll win the Hart.

TLG
04-27-2015, 01:18 AM
No doubt about that Cobra ,,, The Price is right !! (for the hart) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

dishuser
04-27-2015, 04:23 AM
awww...boohoo
like there isn't bad calls in every game
and just cause "gallagher" is a dwarf don't make it a high stick which is not a penalty but a dead play

The Cobra
04-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Now all that has to happen is for the Wings win and I can tell the Habs in person what I think of them.

TLG
04-27-2015, 03:03 PM
I know you don't much care for the Habs bro ,, so you probably want them to play Tampa
here is the season records,,, (if I'm not mistaken)

vs Tampa 0-3
vs Detroit 4-0

The Habs have Detroit's number and rung their bell all season ...

The Cobra
04-27-2015, 05:55 PM
I know you don't much care for the Habs bro ,, so you probably want them to play Tampa
here is the season records,,, (if I'm not mistaken)

vs Tampa 0-3
vs Detroit 4-0

The Habs have Detroit's number and rung their bell all season ...

Only reason I don`t want the Habs to play Tampa is that I don`t have tickets in Tampa..........got some for both games in Detroit tho.

The Cobra
04-27-2015, 05:56 PM
You a betting man?

yeah............and I`ll bet the Habs LOL................hate does indeed have limitations LMAO