PDA

View Full Version : boiled or roasted?

theprinceofsorts
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
An explorer is captured by cannibals. Their chief is willing to give him a choice:
"Say something, if it is true, you will be boiled. If it is a lie, you will be roasted."
The prisoner answers, and he is set free by the cannibal trbe. What did he say?

Newf
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I never tell the truth

tronics
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Hmm not sure if there is enough info in this one but assuming he was let go because what he said was neither true nor a lie then isn't there a multitude of things he could have said?

Such as: "something" or "Hello" or "grapefruit" or "pastrami on rye" or "let me go!" etc...

That is my input on this one.

KIDWCKED
03-08-2010, 11:23 PM
i think he said there is no standalone fix for n3 for the general public yet released,,,,:D

theprinceofsorts
03-09-2010, 12:01 AM
ok, neither true nor a lie.
Taken logically, as a riddle, there is only one answer.

Stile88
03-09-2010, 12:44 AM
An explorer is captured by cannibals. Their chief is willing to give him a choice:
"Say something, if it is true, you will be boiled. If it is a lie, you will be roasted."
The prisoner answers, and he is set free by the cannibal trbe. What did he say?

hmmm well i think the prisoner said "Boil me in water" The cannibals were faced with a dilemma. If they boil him in water, that would make his statement true, which means he should have been roasted. They can only roast him if he makes a true statement, but if they do, it would make his final statement false. The cannibals had no way out of their situation so they were forced to set the prisoner free.

theprinceofsorts
03-09-2010, 12:51 AM
yep, exactly! except that it is the contrary, I think. He was to be boiled if he said the truth, and roasted if he lied.
But the reasoning is perfect.

bigge
03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
he could had said,HUH, that what I said lol.