PDA

View Full Version : Streaming movies to smart tv

coffeesine
05-02-2015, 12:14 PM
Is it possible to stream via wireless from computer ( laptop ) to a smart tv. Is there an app or tool available to do this.

whoknows
05-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Put a computer behind the tv and plug it in with hdmi cable for streaming. or "They say" you can use up to 30 feet of hdmi before problems start. I have 40 foot length for streaming from my computer to tv and have no problems.

Gates07
05-02-2015, 02:03 PM
with a smart tv don't you have wi-fi capabilities ??

Nostradamus
05-02-2015, 02:24 PM
yes you hav WIFI but I haven't seen any yet that would let youinstall your own apps or everyone would just load Kodi on and be happy campers

whoknows
05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Mine has a search engine and I have used superchillin but I found the tv's memory would fill quickly and you would only receive half the movie that was being streamed. Also was quite slow to respond to mouse and changing sites. I ended up using wife's laptop and hdmi and works perfect.

coffeesine
05-02-2015, 06:50 PM
thanks for all advice I will have to use HDMI cable, I just though that I would see if wifi was possible.

18dd2
05-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Is it possible to stream via wireless from computer ( laptop ) to a smart tv. Is there an app or tool available to do this.

I Have the Samsung 7150 Smart TV and I stream movies from my computer to the TV in the Liv Rm or the other Samsung TV in The bedroom. In the bedroom thought I use the Sony Blue Ray All with a program called Allshare. Not sure though if it is only for Samsung or not. Heck My son has a Smart TV (LG) and his doesn't even have a Web Browser. I told him his TV ain't all that smart :)

alex70olds
05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
I use the mirror screen function to view recorded content from my phone to tv wireless. I would assume it could be done with streaming content as well.

1boxman
05-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes...any smart tv ..has a built in smart hub..which should have wifi and if not a usb port to add a wifi hub. Ones you network it ..windows will see it...as it will wont to look for you any ways..lol so it can send back info ...lol yup..very true. Ones windows has seen it ..will still drivers / apps ... you will see it in via computer . Find a movie on your computer(s) right click ...play to tv . Now as far as stream from the net...well you doesn't need to as..it has built in web browser. But I did take over my tv with cell and stream from it :bump: Have fun .

brofro80
05-03-2015, 12:00 AM
what kind of T.V. do u have? if its a LG use smart share, it Works great