PDA

View Full Version : Reset issue with New Mag 254

Montehall
05-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Okay having issues with a new Mag 254. I just got this and will need to wait to the beginning of the week for faster internet service for TV but decided to set it up today.

I pushed the HDMI port on my TV inside the TV a couple of years ago so I have used composite video output since.

I did my setup on the Mag 250 and obviously set the resolution too high as after the loading screens I just get a black screen.

I have tried to reset the box the guides say "Mag 254 Bios
1 unplug Mag254
2 push and hold the button with 3 dots and 3 lines and plug power back in you should have a blue screen with settings.
3 Check and change your setting save and reboot"

My remote has a "3 lines" button to the right of the TV button I have held this down while plugging in the box and still get a black screen any suggestions to get the screen back?

Dan2015
05-10-2015, 04:50 PM
when you get to the blue screen you have to slect nand on the top of the screen or it wont reboot

Montehall
05-10-2015, 05:48 PM
when you get to the blue screen you have to slect nand on the top of the screen or it wont reboot

I am unplugging the power cord to the unit. the holding down the menu button on the remote (power light flashing), then plugging in the unit,

I get a grey screen loading nan the loading from image then ... then it goes to a black screen?

Ideas anyone?

greg
05-11-2015, 05:14 AM
unplug the mag 254 hold menu button plug back in go to def settings to a factory default exit end save then unplug mag then plug back in boot from nand

Glatt
05-11-2015, 11:48 PM
The Menu button is directly below the Home button!!

Montehall
05-12-2015, 03:40 AM
The Menu button is directly below the Home button!!

Thanks Glatt I was pressing the wrong button. I was pushing in the button between the TV button and Keyboatd button.

Thank You! :D