PDA

View Full Version : Emulator?

gino_1983
05-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Hey guys Im lookijg at diff boxes and i found a hybid plus also a minix x8 plus I wanna put iptv on it and everyone recommends the mag 254 but these are way faster with more apps so i heard i can get the services through an emulator? Does anyone know if ai can and what are the steps? New to this stuff thanks

kofte
05-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Hey guys Im lookijg at diff boxes and i found a hybid plus also a minix x8 plus I wanna put iptv on it and everyone recommends the mag 254 but these are way faster with more apps so i heard i can get the services through an emulator? Does anyone know if ai can and what are the steps? New to this stuff thanks

Yes, you can via the emulator. There are plenty of guides and tutorials (Youtube and Google). However I'd just like to say the following and keep it in mind.

While I haven't played with any android-based TV box, I do own a MAG250 and I can tell you this; the MAG boxes are designed specifically for IPTV, nothing else. It does it well, depending on your sub (server). I'm sure the other android boxes fare decent however do not be surprised if it's not up to par. The functionality of an android box beats the MAG boxes in terms of features, definitely, but that's it in my own opinion.

I have also tested MAG boxes for a local IPTV provider (legal) and again, the experience is acceptable and works well. I cannot say the same about the android boxes as I haven't played with them when it comes to IPTV. With that being said, I am planning on purchasing an android-based box soon, but only for the android apps and features, not for IPTV.

All the best.

beanpoll
05-29-2015, 12:08 AM
Will this work on my android phone. I have the app and 12 legal channels work. Would I be able to run a service with the phone or better off to get mag box anyone know?

Mr Santos
06-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I've been running a emulator on my MxQ android box and haven't had problems yet. I was thinking of getting the Mag box too but I like having Xbmc as well and I don't want to have two seperate units. Where did you find the Hybrid Plus I've heard of it but can't find it anywhere.