PDA

View Full Version : does IPTV slows down internet on PC

Eddy
06-10-2015, 10:35 PM
Hi All I have 100mb speed internet and I have high speed modem connected mag to modem and PC to modem but while TV is on son can not play any game on PC it freezes I have check the PC it works fine when tv is off I wonder if Mag has to connect to modem somehow diffrently or thats the way Mag works any help would be apperciated. BTW I have gone through a lot of searche and read a lot of threads couldnt find anything related.

KIDWCKED
06-10-2015, 11:00 PM
iptv bandwidth usage (http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?179030-iptv-bandwidth-usage)

dishuser
06-10-2015, 11:47 PM
do a speedtest
maybe your isp is throttling you

Eddy
06-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Speed test shows ok bothwith tv on and no tv

what do you mean with throttling and how can i check that
Thanks

Nostradamus
06-11-2015, 11:47 AM
you should check speed when all devices are connected and running. By throttling a lot of internet providers will scale back your speed if they feel you are using too much bandwidth regardless of your plan. If this the case read the fine print in your contract and then call their tech support telling them online gaming and ntflix will not work at the same time

Eddy
06-24-2015, 01:54 AM
because of the problem I got unlimited high speed, tried different speed test all shows ok tried reinstalling net adapter reinstalling driver still same and is not playing any top games just playing backgammon and it stalls every few mins checked with gammon server they said their server is fine.
I am about to remove the iptv if that's is the problem.
any help would be appreciated

tbird686
06-24-2015, 02:06 AM
you should check speed when all devices are connected and running. By throttling a lot of internet providers will scale back your speed if they feel you are using too much bandwidth regardless of your plan. If this the case read the fine print in your contract and then call their tech support telling them online gaming and ntflix will not work at the same time

do what he said ....eddy

TheShawdow
06-24-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi All I have 100mb speed internet and I have high speed modem connected mag to modem and PC to modem but while TV is on son can not play any game on PC it freezes I have check the PC it works fine when tv is off I wonder if Mag has to connect to modem somehow diffrently or thats the way Mag works any help would be apperciated. BTW I have gone through a lot of searche and read a lot of threads couldnt find anything related.

Try google searching ping test. That will give you the quality of your connection. Try that test with your iptv running. If your ping is high gaming will lag and cause problems. Your best option is too see how good your router is, its a cheap router you may want to look to replace it. Check to see if your router on it called qos (quality of service) may not be that exact name but setting that up will help. If not buy a router that is compatible with tomato or ddwrt firmware. With your internet speed being good it has to be your router in my opinion. Hope this helps