PDA

View Full Version : I think I screwed up

Terryl
06-26-2015, 06:16 AM
OK I think I boo booed on the choice of linear motor controllers for my new "C" band dish, I got a VBox 7 from DMS, I thought it would work with USALS commands, I think I was wrong.

I'm going to mount this box remotely so I don't have access to it, it looks like it's going to be a pain in the backside to program every new satellite on the "C" band side if I have to do it manually.

I originally though this box would use the USALS functions but I guess I was wrong as it says it only for Diseqc 1.0 and 1.2, did I get the wrong box??????

Anyone have any ideas???

Condor
06-26-2015, 01:34 PM
You making a bo-boo specially when it comes to this??.. It's like you asking yourself the question Terryl.... Lol..

Terryl
06-26-2015, 11:56 PM
OK got it installed and a few sat's programmed, I sure wish it had the USALS settings, that makes things a whole lot simpler

Terryl
03-14-2016, 07:36 PM
OK, possible new problem......Can the Vbox step settings be changed?

Mine may have been affected by something, what I don't know, maybe the detent settings or the micro switch in the motor, because now when I go to fine tune the dish position (move East/West by steps) it moves in too big a step and passes by the satellite.

I hope nothing has gone wrong with the motor, and can't find anything in the Vbox menus for setting this, any ideas guys?

jvvh5897
03-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Well, I'm no expert on the box, just read the manual. From what I see the box uses the counts from the positioner to do the moves, that would be the limiting factor in fine position--not something you can control or adjust in the box and no obvious menu item. From what I see in a quick look around, you should have looked for the USALS decal on the box if you wanted that feature--they would have had it obviously shown as clearly as the Diseqc decals on the gizmo are.