PDA

View Full Version : fast enough?

18dd2
07-27-2015, 10:48 PM
can somone tell me if this is fast enough for IPTV? It is a test from my provider.

Download Speed: 4603 kbps (575.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1571 kbps (196.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 132 ms

Also, I have a Samsung 55" 7150 and I downloaded the app 'Smart IPTV' and it works for the demo provided. Instead of having to buy all new equipment, is there a way to make a donation work with all of those with Smart TV's?

Thanks

redbaron1
07-27-2015, 11:59 PM
I understand that 1.5 megabits download is fast enough so you should be okay.

Nostradamus
07-28-2015, 01:30 AM
trying to live stream at those speeds would be unbearable. only option at those speeds would be to record the stream and then play it back later as that would bypass any buffering

18dd2
07-28-2015, 02:25 AM
Well, it is hardly worth it to me then. I'm already paying close to $42 a month for that speed out here in the country. Guess that's life.
10Mb is $50 goes up from there

Homer Jay
07-28-2015, 06:27 AM
The current speed you have will stream IPTV from a paid provider but you will be maxing the speed out of your connection. While I was watching Voodoo or IPguys I checked my router and it was going from 300 KB/sec and up maxing over in the 500's. I was streaming from a 10MB dsl connection. I think for the few extra dollars or maybe even checking if you can get a different provider you will be better off, that's if you want IPTV.

18dd2
07-28-2015, 12:52 PM
The current speed you have will stream IPTV from a paid provider but you will be maxing the speed out of your connection. While I was watching Voodoo or IPguys I checked my router and it was going from 300 KB/sec and up maxing over in the 500's. I was streaming from a 10MB dsl connection. I think for the few extra dollars or maybe even checking if you can get a different provider you will be better off, that's if you want IPTV.

Thanks HJ. I think I'm gonna wait and see if someone comes up with a way to connect my Smart TV (Samsung) and the app I have on it now called 'Smart IPTV' Youtube tells how to make it work but it's all foreign programming it sounds like, that you can get) a lot of us have Smart TV's (Samsung, LG) I understand and I won't have to buy more hardware to make it all work if someone understands it better then I do. For me, right now, I'm on what Rise Broadband called a grandfathered plan. I'd have to buy another box, increase the speed (My plan would go from $42 for 5Mbs to $58 for 10Mbs) and once I've changed plans I can't go back and must be on the plan a minimum of 2 years. That's what they told me. Then hope the extra expense for everything is all worth it. Plus the donation cost currently for IPTV, is a lot higher and it's not all that stable from what I've read than the the current FTA donation is. Bummer