PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy 16 at 99W

Timetripper
03-17-2010, 04:04 AM
As noted in the costactc thread "My Arc 2" CBS Newspath Feed- 11771 V SR 14320

I had already come across this channel but wanted to point out that CBS Newspath can really be golden at times.

For instance this morning I saw 3 really big container cranes being hauled on a heavy lift freighter under the Golden Gate Bridge in SF
- It was quite the sight!

Also they cut to a rescue of a horse from flood waters somewhere in the US, it was stranded on a gravel bar in the middle of flood waters.
They choppered in a rescue crew who sedated it slightly [still on it's feet] then did a pretty fancy sling job on it and choppered it out to a crew waiting
on higher ground.

The horse seemed pretty grateful for the effort :yeaah:

I always make a point of a looky lu during daytime hours on this bird 'cause you just never know what you might see.

Costactc
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Very true TT, I find the best sat for ku feeds. I've scanned on occasions with over 15 live feeds at once.

secheltpaul
03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I agree Time tripper g16 is a good one to watch.

TurboPirate
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
As noted in the costactc thread "My Arc 2" CBS Newspath Feed- 11771 V SR 14320

I had already come across this channel but wanted to point out that CBS Newspath can really be golden at times.

For instance this morning I saw 3 really big container cranes being hauled on a heavy lift freighter under the Golden Gate Bridge in SF
- It was quite the sight!

Also they cut to a rescue of a horse from flood waters somewhere in the US, it was stranded on a gravel bar in the middle of flood waters.
They choppered in a rescue crew who sedated it slightly [still on it's feet] then did a pretty fancy sling job on it and choppered it out to a crew waiting
on higher ground.

The horse seemed pretty grateful for the effort :yeaah:

I always make a point of a looky lu during daytime hours on this bird 'cause you just never know what you might see.

Thanks for the info, great work TT....................