PDA

View Full Version : New to FTA, need help

macjamesmuir
08-18-2015, 05:22 AM
I am an absolute beginner. I got a Pansat 2700A today. I have scoured the internet trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do to set this up. I am good with computers, if that helps. I am in BC, Canada, not sure if that matters. I am trying to buy some old Bell and Direct TV satellites with LNB, and a small, old TV. I am 15, so my dad won't let me set anything up inside until I can get this thing to work. I will likely be up on the roof of my house with my satellite, receiver, and TV. Also, what am I able to do with this receiver? Can I only get certain channels? Can I get channels from regular TV providers? When I was going through the settings trying to make some sense of what I had, I saw something about "DirTV". I'm assuming that was Direct TV. Could I get the signal of a Direct TV satellite and get those channels for free? There was also something about music. Satellite radio... like Sirius XM? Could I get the Sirius satellite signal and get that for free? I can't factory reset the receiver because there is a PIN, set by a friend of the guy I got the receiver from, about 10 years ago. There is no way that method will work. I saw something online about resetting it by reinstalling the firmware using the serial port on the back. I currently do not have a serial cable, but I will look for one as it seems to be something I will need.

Anything I missed? Sorry, I know this is a lot. I have no clue what I am doing, I need guidance.

Thanks in advance,
-Malcolm

fn59
08-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Using the Pansat for pirating satellite isn't viable anymore, or soon will be.
The master pin is 1668.
You can still get free channels with the right dish/lnb combo. There is a section here for that.

abouttosnap
08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Not sure what to make of this but it comes close to being plain silly...at any rate that box is dead or almost dead iks wise...maybe come back in a few years.