PDA

View Full Version : Please Post Site Bugs Here

clarkBENT
12-04-2015, 07:47 PM
As you may have read, we had quite a battle to regain control of the satFIX.net domain. Consequently, we have re-evaluated our entire strategy as it pertains to the DMCA. We don't believe we are in violation of the DMCA as we do not host/distribute any content owned by DISH. Nonetheless, our new strategy includes moving our server to Hungary. Things get wonky in the migration process. Please post any site bugs you encounter here. URLs, screenshots, what occurred, and your actions leading up to the error are all appreciated. Thanks!

Mavrick
12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
As you may have read, we had quite a battle to regain control of the satFIX.net domain. Consequently, we have re-evaluated our entire strategy as it pertains to the DMCA. We don't believe we are in violation of the DMCA as we do not host/distribute any content owned by DISH. Nonetheless, our new strategy includes moving our server to Hungary. Things get wonky in the migration process. Please post any site bugs you encounter here. URLs, screenshots, what occurred, and your actions leading up to the error are all appreciated. Thanks!

Nice to see Satfix back :)

KIDWCKED
12-04-2015, 09:45 PM
someone i know forgot there pass..they requested password reset..and arent recieving the email...thanx again clark..

clarkBENT
12-04-2015, 09:52 PM
What is the username? I see emails are going out.

KIDWCKED
12-04-2015, 10:01 PM
pmd you the username and e addy..thanx again clark..

chicot60
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Chat box not loading on my end.....

Anubis
12-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Has to be at your end chicot, loads on both my tablet and my computer for me.

clarkBENT
12-04-2015, 10:56 PM
Chat box not loading on my end.....

What browser are you using? Can you try a different browser? Does it load without text or there is just a blank space? Screenshot, please.

chicot60
12-04-2015, 11:02 PM
I just logged out and logged back in. Just prior to this I went into the shoutbox settings and reset the fields. The short story is that it is working now.

zoogor
12-04-2015, 11:26 PM
email notification of pm is not working

1boxman
12-05-2015, 01:30 AM
I have bugs ...lol :innocent::thumbsup:

nobodyspecial
12-05-2015, 01:38 AM
I have bugs ...lol :innocent::thumbsup:

we were warned....lol:innocent:

clarkBENT
12-05-2015, 03:33 AM
email notification of pm is not working

I'm aware of this. Server is missing openssl, which is used to connect to a separate SMTP (outgoing mail) server. I'll work on this later tonight.

clarkBENT
12-05-2015, 05:14 AM
I'm aware of this. Server is missing openssl, which is used to connect to a separate SMTP (outgoing mail) server. I'll work on this later tonight.

Turns out openssl was configured properly. The server's resolv.conf file did not have any IPv6 DNS servers to query from and was trying to connect to the SMTP server via IPv6. Reverted to IPv4 and all is well. Email notifications are going out, again. This should also fix KIDWCKED's issue with password reset links not getting sent out.

Benney
12-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Never mind he finally got in. LOL

Terryl
12-06-2015, 06:06 PM
OK I have a possible bug (and not from 1Boxman) every time I come back on-line to the site I have to keep logging back in, I have checked the "keep me logged in" box also the settings for wide screen mode keep getting set back to the default setting.

Anubis
12-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Came across this one when I clicked on my username then when I clicked on find latest posts this is the page I received. Tried to duplicate it again but couldn't...24897

clarkBENT
12-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Came across this one when I clicked on my username then when I clicked on find latest posts this is the page I received. Tried to duplicate it again but couldn't...24897

That was me debugging a separate issue. It's gone now.

clarkBENT
12-06-2015, 07:15 PM
OK I have a possible bug (and not from 1Boxman) every time I come back on-line to the site I have to keep logging back in, I have checked the "keep me logged in" box also the settings for wide screen mode keep getting set back to the default setting.

Flush your cookies and delete your cache. I had this issue
, too. The site is trying to use your old satfix.net cookies for a domain at satfix.to.

burnsy
12-06-2015, 07:50 PM
As per your request
http://www.satfix.to/attachment.php?attachmentid=24898&stc=1

pugsycan
12-06-2015, 07:54 PM
not your bugs Burnsy

As per your request
http://www.satfix.to/attachment.php?attachmentid=24898&stc=1

burnsy
12-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Oh I see he was asking for site bugs, heres one lol
http://www.satfix.to/attachment.php?attachmentid=24899&stc=1

burnsy
12-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Bet you are glad to see all your hard work paying off lol

burnsy
12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Did you guys miss me lol

haha11
12-06-2015, 08:17 PM
pm messages don't get quoted for some reason...
this bug has been there for long time...not sure if it can be fixed?

The Noof
12-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Not sure if there's anything to it,but whenever I log in or out of the fix,malwarebyetes pop-upblocks a "go.padsdel.com" attempt.Only happens here???

The Noof
12-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Getting this whennever I search as well: "received zero-sized searchd response"

clarkBENT
12-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Not sure if there's anything to it,but whenever I log in or out of the fix,malwarebyetes pop-upblocks a "go.padsdel.com" attempt.Only happens here???

That's the advertising network. I'm going to be swapping them out soon. Ignore.

clarkBENT
12-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Getting this whennever I search as well: "received zero-sized searchd response"

Sphinx search crashed. Don't know why. Will investigate. Service restarted. Tested. Working, again.

clarkBENT
12-06-2015, 11:31 PM
pm messages don't get quoted for some reason...
this bug has been there for long time...not sure if it can be fixed?

Send me a PM. I often quote and others often quote me in replies via PM.

nobodyspecial
12-07-2015, 12:16 AM
didnt that have something to do with phishing attacks through pm? wasnt something disabled?

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 12:33 AM
didnt that have something to do with phishing attacks through pm? wasnt something disabled?

Yes, it was. haha911 PM'd me and clarified that he was seeing the [QUOTE] tags. I explained the feature was disabled so that users could no longer run executable code/embed images. This happened in January, 2014.

chicot60
12-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Same problem as I mentioned earlier....Shout box does not load for me when I initially log on....If I log out and then log back in right away it will load...Did this three times in a row and shoutbox loaded every time....I am using Google Chrome...Cleaned the cookies related to satfix.

The Noof
12-07-2015, 02:40 AM
Same problem as I mentioned earlier....Shout box does not load for me when I initially log on....If I log out and then log back in right away it will load...Did this three times in a row and shoutbox loaded every time....I am using Google Chrome...Cleaned the cookies related to satfix.

Are you using a popup blocker of any sort Chicot?

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 02:44 AM
Yes, it was. haha911 PM'd me and clarified that he was seeing the 'QUOTE' tags. I explained the feature was disabled so that users could no longer run executable code/embed images. This happened in January, 2014.

This happened shortly afterward (regarding zeta and beta):

https://www.facebook.com/nfpsiksdonation/posts/667344563307183

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 02:45 AM
Are you using a popup blocker of any sort Chicot?

Do you have adblock on? Can you add satfix.to to the whitelisted domains?

chicot60
12-07-2015, 03:13 AM
I am using adblocker as I was before we went down. Did not have this problem before we went down. It took me awhile to figure out how to shut off ad block for satfix.to but I figured it out and it still made no difference.

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 03:40 AM
I am using adblocker as I was before we went down. Did not have this problem before we went down. It took me awhile to figure out how to shut off ad block for satfix.to but I figured it out and it still made no difference.

The software behind shoutbox was upgraded during the migration to Hungary. Did you try clearing your cache? What happens when you try from another browser?

chicot60
12-07-2015, 05:05 AM
It appears to be okay now. I'm not sure how this happened but I noticed that when I was logging in I was using the url satfix.to. This would bring me to the site and I could log in but it would not load the shoutbox. After trying a few things I noticed that the www was missing and when i entered the complete address www.satfix.to I could log in and the shoutbox would load. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 05:36 AM
It appears to be okay now. I'm not sure how this happened but I noticed that when I was logging in I was using the url satfix.to. This would bring me to the site and I could log in but it would not load the shoutbox. After trying a few things I noticed that the www was missing and when i entered the complete address www.satfix.to I could log in and the shoutbox would load. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help.

It does make sense. It is reading a cookie from satfix.to instead of www.satfix.to . This is a configuration issue that I am about to correct right now. Try again and let me know if you still encounter the same issue.

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Good catch chicot60 -- I was catching all traffic to satfix.net and www.satfix.net and sending it to www.satfix.to, but I was not doing the same with satfix.to to www.satfix.to. It's corrected, now.

Benney
12-07-2015, 01:15 PM
Thinking out loud here, I wonder why some are having these issues and other don't seem to.
I guess with all the different computer configurations it is bound to happen though.

hutch
12-07-2015, 01:19 PM
some may clean house a little more often...lol:tehe::innocent:

chicot60
12-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Everything loaded good this am....

chicot60
12-07-2015, 03:05 PM
I have another problem.....noticed this a couple times but I am logging on okay now but if I remain logged on but do not search the forums (no activity) and just walk away from the computer, after a short while I will get logged out and then I have to log in again....The shouts in the shoutbox disappear and get a message that says... Error: Invalid Instance: 1.
Its like I'm timed out. Did not have that problem with the previous site.

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I have another problem.....noticed this a couple times but I am logging on okay now but if I remain logged on but do not search the forums (no activity) and just walk away from the computer, after a short while I will get logged out and then I have to log in again....The shouts in the shoutbox disappear and get a message that says... Error: Invalid Instance: 1.

Please take a screenshot when you encounter it again. The site should not be doing that. The timeouts for logins are set for quite a long period (as long as you check "Remember Me?").

chicot60
12-07-2015, 04:29 PM
Did not have remember me checked off. Will try again with it checked off.

pogoss
12-07-2015, 04:39 PM
I have remember me checked off, and I have no issue

chicot60
12-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Again you have seemed to hit the nail on the head again Clark. Are you sure you don't want to change your name to ClarkKent.......

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ca8980e7680b2cb09adfa7bdf77c8aaa/tumblr_n63anbLBM81qems7ao1_500.gif

Condor
12-07-2015, 05:41 PM

Same issue here Chico but since there is no problem checking back in I ignore it... Lol..

jeldf
12-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Same issue here Chico but since there is no problem checking back in I ignore it... Lol..

Picky, picky.....lmao A really smart techie once told me to reboot lol. Why not let clark remote into your PC and fix it for you....:comfort1:

clarkBENT
12-07-2015, 10:11 PM

Can you flush your cookies and delete your cache? This time check "Remember Me?" when you login. What happens if you try from another browser?

Terryl
12-08-2015, 01:17 AM
Well it looks like something got fixed over night, I came back on line without having to log back in and I didn't have to flush any cookies*, so it's working good at this end.

(*at least not till after I eat them)

zombola
12-08-2015, 01:07 PM
When you click on Find latest posts or Find latest started threads in your Profile

You get the Last post dated 08=21-2015 :noidea:

Anubis
12-08-2015, 02:37 PM
When I click on find latest posts in profile it only shows post made up to December 4th. There is nothing current from that date onwards.

Addition: I deleted a post in the VIP section and moved it to the deleted posts section for staff and it now shows in both locations. The original I deleted never actually deleted.

clarkBENT
12-08-2015, 04:57 PM
When you click on Find latest posts or Find latest started threads in your Profile

You get the Last post dated 08=21-2015 :noidea:

It shouldn't. I just re-indexed all of the posts for the search engine. Please try again and let me know if it's still the same.

clarkBENT
12-08-2015, 04:59 PM
When I click on find latest posts in profile it only shows post made up to December 4th. There is nothing current from that date onwards.

Addition: I deleted a post in the VIP section and moved it to the deleted posts section for staff and it now shows in both locations. The original I deleted never actually deleted.

The search engine was set to look for new posts every 30 minutes, but it wasn't doing it correctly. There is another scheduled task to reindex the entire set once a week. I don't think that happened either. I just forced the search engine to reindex all of the posts. I'll check in an hour to make sure it's updating.

Please PM me a link of the post you tried to delete. Thanks.

nobodyspecial
12-08-2015, 05:25 PM
here is the post he deleted

http://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?189047-Tuesday-December-8th-2015

nobodyspecial
12-08-2015, 05:25 PM

nobodyspecial
12-08-2015, 05:26 PM
this is showing at top of every page
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

nobodyspecial
12-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

nob0dy
12-08-2015, 05:27 PM
i took a screen shot of mine & sent em in .....

Anubis
12-08-2015, 07:40 PM

Looks like nobodyspecial has a double posting issue happening or is it just me seeing duplicates? I don't see dups with others.

clarkBENT
12-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Nope - they have unique PostIDs. That was double posted. Refresh after SUBMIT button will do that.

zombola
12-09-2015, 12:49 PM
It shouldn't. I just re-indexed all of the posts for the search engine. Please try again and let me know if it's still the same.

Thanks clarkBENT All Good Now:yeaah:

Anubis
12-11-2015, 10:44 PM

Now when I click on find latest posts in my profile I get " received zero-sized search response " vbulletin message.

nob0dy
12-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Now when I click on find latest posts in my profile I get " received zero-sized search response " vbulletin message.

i get the same message when trying to view anyones posts eg:below

http://i67.tinypic.com/kbrw9g.jpg

clarkBENT
12-12-2015, 12:11 AM

Sphinx search daemon crashed. I'll look into why this keeps happening. Please let me know if you see it again.

Anubis
12-12-2015, 12:37 AM
Sphinx search daemon crashed. I'll look into why this keeps happening. Please let me know if you see it again.

Will do. Thanks clark.

Anubis
12-13-2015, 07:45 PM

Doesn't look like it's updating clarkBENT. I just checked and does not show anything I posted since December 11th.

clarkBENT
12-14-2015, 12:18 AM
Doesn't look like it's updating clarkBENT. I just checked and does not show anything I posted since December 11th.

I see that. The index needs to be rotated. It's set to do so via crontab but something isn't working correctly. I'll look into it later tonight.

clarkBENT
12-14-2015, 04:18 AM
I see that. The index needs to be rotated. It's set to do so via crontab but something isn't working correctly. I'll look into it later tonight.

Rotated the index again. It looks like the cron job is working. Hopefully, it continues to update the index. I'll check again in the morning.

Anubis
12-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Still acting up clark. I just checked again and only shows my posts up to 10:41 last night. Looks like this is the one site bug that is going to give you a bit of a headache! :frusty:

nobodyspecial
12-14-2015, 05:28 PM
connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable) get that using search box and find latest posts

clarkBENT
12-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Still acting up clark. I just checked again and only shows my posts up to 10:41 last night. Looks like this is the one site bug that is going to give you a bit of a headache! :frusty:

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable) get that using search box and find latest posts

Okay, I modified the init.d script for the search daemon. When the search daemon was set to restart itself after a "delta" crawl (looking for new posts only), it would fail after a few hours. Search SHOULD work correctly now.

marcelect
12-21-2015, 07:04 PM
I don't seem to be able to post unless Ireply to a post.The pm also has issues.Ipm anubis and HE DID NOT COME BACK.HE ALWAYS DOES!

Terryl
12-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Something wierd going on with the posting of new reply's,(in some sections, not all) when i try and back up to edit a mistake it jumps up above the text and starts a new line above that, I can't re-do the error, like the misspelling of weird?????

Terryl
12-21-2015, 08:02 PM
More info, it only happens when I quote someone in my reply, it does not happen if I do a simple reply.

Anubis
12-21-2015, 09:14 PM
I don't seem to be able to post unless Ireply to a post.The pm also has issues.Ipm anubis and HE DID NOT COME BACK.HE ALWAYS DOES!
Pm function is fine. I simply haven't replied yet. Lol

clarkBENT
12-22-2015, 04:14 AM
More info, it only happens when I quote someone in my reply, it does not happen if I do a simple reply.

I need more details. Screenshot might be helpful.

marcelect
12-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Pm function is fine. I simply haven't replied yet. Lol

i TOUGHT THAT WAS A POSSIBILITY also and now thanks for replying my pm!

hutch
12-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Hey clark...As I'm sure your already aware... I notice like others that when I check in & hit new posts... nothing comes up... so I ask for the last 24 hours posts & get the new ones that way...

clarkBENT
12-23-2015, 02:03 AM
Hey clark...As I'm sure your already aware... I notice like others that when I check in & hit new posts... nothing comes up... so I ask for the last 24 hours posts & get the new ones that way...

I don't see a "New Posts" link. Can you take a screenshot? I usually hit "What's New?"

dishuser
12-23-2015, 02:10 AM
I don't see a "New Posts" link. Can you take a screenshot? I usually hit "What's New?"

on the left under forums tab

nob0dy
12-23-2015, 03:30 AM
here u go @ clarkbent eg : below

http://i65.tinypic.com/339r43l.jpg

Terryl
12-23-2015, 04:09 AM

Ignore it, it stopped doing it....I will post a screen shot if it comes back.

hutch
12-23-2015, 04:13 AM
It seems like it maybe resetting midday as when I return often I see the new posts then... just a heads up...

jazzman
12-23-2015, 04:18 AM
Using IE "new posts" has always been there for me....

hutch
12-23-2015, 01:08 PM
probably my chrome then... new posts did show up this am... but not now two hours later...

1boxman
12-23-2015, 01:41 PM
I still have bugs ..lol :noidea::laughat:

pugsycan
12-23-2015, 05:41 PM
We told you we are not touching those :D
I still have bugs ..lol :noidea::laughat:

hutch
12-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Here's what I get when I ask for new posts most of the time... but when I open the past 24 hrs posts link it shows unread posts

vBulletin Message

Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here

sometimes however the new posts button works & brings up a list of new posts....:noidea:

clarkBENT
12-25-2015, 01:24 AM
Here's what I see when I click "New Posts":

This is what I see when I click "What's New?":

What do you see? Can you send me a screenshot?

dishuser
12-25-2015, 01:37 AM
Here's what I see when I click "New Posts":

This is what I see when I click "What's New?":

What do you see? Can you send me a screenshot?
see the same here

hutch
12-25-2015, 01:55 AM
sorry cant do screen shot... heres what I get when I ask for new posts/whats new whether its 24 seconds after I last checked or 24 hours...c/p

vBulletin Message

Every once in a while I get a list of new posts... but usually I have to ask for the last 24 hours worth...

dishuser
12-25-2015, 02:39 AM
sorry cant do screen shot... heres what I get when I ask for new posts/whats new whether its 24 seconds after I last checked or 24 hours...c/p

vBulletin Message

Every once in a while I get a list of new posts... but usually I have to ask for the last 24 hours worth...site isn't showing you as left when you do

nob0dy
12-25-2015, 08:50 AM
@ClarkBent , i can't see anything zombola is posting .. i " think " he is posting photos but nothing shows ... eg:below

http://i65.tinypic.com/2dl23h0.jpg

Anubis
12-25-2015, 01:28 PM
It's OK nob0dy, you aren't missing much in that post other than a blond in a bikini on a step ladder hanging Xmas lights. :grr:

nob0dy
12-25-2015, 07:17 PM
It's OK nob0dy, you aren't missing much in that post other than a blond in a bikini on a step ladder hanging Xmas lights. :grr:

really ? ;(

hutch
12-26-2015, 03:38 PM
I get timed out a lot before I get in... so I retry & sometimes I get through...

dishuser
12-26-2015, 03:55 PM
I get timed out a lot before I get in... so I retry & sometimes I get through...
it's under attack

clarkBENT
12-26-2015, 04:22 PM

I've implemented some additional firewall rules. It will be a lot harder to take us down.

Terryl
12-29-2015, 12:27 AM
Something wierd going on with the posting of new reply's,(in some sections, not all) when i try and back up to edit a mistake it jumps up above the text and starts a new line above that, I can't re-do the error, like the misspelling of weird?????

OK it's back, see screen shot, when I make a boo boo and correct it, it pops up to the top.24964

clarkBENT
12-29-2015, 04:23 AM
OK it's back, see screen shot, when I make a boo boo and correct it, it pops up to the top.24964

Are you using a PC with an INSERT (or INS) button? Try pushing that one time and making the same edit.

haha11
12-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Seems like that New Post bug is been fixed. I was also getting 24 hours request thing....but now it gives me all new post just like it should.

Thanks.

hutch
12-29-2015, 09:31 PM
Seems like that New Post bug is been fixed. I was also getting 24 hours request thing....but now it gives me all new post just like it should.

Thanks.

still getting the last 24 hours posts prompt here... every once in a while I get the new posts list

clarkBENT
12-29-2015, 10:01 PM
still getting the last 24 hours posts prompt here... every once in a while I get the new posts list

Can you try deleting your cookies, restarting your browser and then login, again. Different result?

hutch
12-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Ha.. I never thought about it being on my end... I'll clean house & give it another whirl... Thanx clark... that may have done it...

Terryl
12-30-2015, 01:02 AM
Are you using a PC with an INSERT (or INS) button? Try pushing that one time and making the same edit.

Hummmmm could be................... Nope didn't dood anything, but it's not doing it now.........Very strange, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't........Might be time to test that new batch of Scotch.

1boxman
01-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Ok haven't read threw whole thread..but pm's seem to take a long time .and to go but show in progress but still go... using FF ..will try other browsers .

darlinkat
01-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Ok haven't read threw whole thread..but pm's seem to take a long time .and to go but show in progress but still go... using FF ..will try other browsers .

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/diana123413/fantasy/k-art-Beauty-in-All-Forms-girls-lad.jpg~original

Nuffin much....just saying hi boxman!!

Happy New Year to you and yours!!

1boxman
01-01-2016, 10:55 PM
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/diana123413/fantasy/k-art-Beauty-in-All-Forms-girls-lad.jpg~original

Nuffin much....just saying hi boxman!!

Always a pleasure to see ya !! Hope you a great xmas and new years ;)
Happy New Year to you and yours!![/COLOR][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Anubis
01-08-2016, 01:57 PM
I have noticed that when you click on "new posts" it always shows the same thing as the "what's new" only. In the past it would show 2 or more pages of posts that were unread. Now I have to go digging through sections to see what I have missed. Ya so I'm lazy. Lol Has the time frame for "new posts" been throttled down or is there a stetting I can change? I looked but did not see one unless I missed it.

1boxman
01-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I have noticed that when you click on "new posts" it always shows the same thing as the "what's new" only. In the past it would show 2 or more pages of posts that were unread. Now I have to go digging through sections to see what I have missed. Ya so I'm lazy. Lol Has the time frame for "new posts" been throttled down or is there a stetting I can change? I looked but did not see one unless I missed it.

This might not help... but with FF .. new post works ok here . Maybe a browser or cookies and cache ?

Anubis
01-08-2016, 02:34 PM
New posts works box. It just shows the same thing as what's new which is one a page worth. Normally I would have a couple pages or so.

1boxman
01-08-2016, 02:54 PM
New posts works box. It just shows the same thing as what's new which is one a page worth. Normally I would have a couple pages or so.

Ah...not enough coffee.. same here... my guess its set that way .. as too much search can slow things down .

But a work around ... goto> quick link tab ...> todays posts :yes:

Benney
01-08-2016, 03:26 PM

hing here as you can see. Back spacing to correct spelling caused it to do it this time.
I'm getting the same t

Anubis
01-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Looks like you have keyboard issues as well brother! :tehe:

clarkBENT
01-08-2016, 09:55 PM
hing here as you can see. Back spacing to correct spelling caused it to do it this time.
I'm getting the same t

What browser and OS are you on?

Benney
01-08-2016, 10:04 PM
What browser and OS are you on?

FF
W8.1 and

Haha also does it Linux .

Now this is interesting as it just did it in the first line I put in here but doesn't do it in the second or third.
Is there some sort of formatting that is left on this reply page?

stilled
01-08-2016, 11:24 PM
I am using quick links > todays posts, cause I get the same,

opera browser, w10,

Midnight Rider
01-09-2016, 04:20 PM
using a Tor Browser with a VPN Tunnel and get Ten pages of new post :),, plenty of readin over coffee

stilled
01-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I am using quick links > todays posts, cause I get the same,

opera browser, w10,

Working fine now,

Anubis
01-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Working fine now,
Still in the same boot on this end. Have to use quick links>today's posts.

stilled
01-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Yeah same as you again,

That attach was a gif, no idea what happen, lol,

1boxman
01-11-2016, 01:24 AM
50 posts with new posts
64 posts with via quick link .today's posts

any browser and door I use.

Benney
01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Ok tried to upload the TDragon_2.6 file for the ProsatHD and it fails every time!
Seems Anubis is having the same problem.

It is only 22;25MB Zip file.

What appears to be fixed is when I try correct my spelling by back spacing now. It stays in the same line.

1boxman
01-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Ok tried to upload the TDragon_2.6 file for the ProsatHD and it fails every time!
Seems Anubis is having the same problem.

It is only 22;25MB Zip file.

What appears to be fixed is when I try correct my spelling by back spacing now. It stays in the same line.

Just wondering if its a 22.25 mb ? To me ..if it is.. thats a big file . Most limits on server are set much less.. unless yer key board stuttered ..lol and its 2.25 mb :tape::tehe:

Anubis
01-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Just wondering if its a 22.25 mb ? To me ..if it is.. thats a big file . Most limits on server are set much less.. unless yer key board stuttered ..lol and its 2.25 mb :tape::tehe:
Nope he has the size correct.

Benney
01-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Looks like Pugsy got it fixed as it works now.

nobodyspecial
01-12-2016, 04:54 PM
Clark fixed it up

zombola
02-01-2016, 12:02 PM
this morning when i clicked on my profile and find latest posts i get this

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable):noidea:

nobodyspecial
02-01-2016, 12:34 PM

connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable):noidea:

same here...

chicot60
02-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Advanced search not working this am.....

vBulletin Messageconnection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable)

Anubis
02-01-2016, 01:05 PM

same here...
Ditto........

Anubis
02-01-2016, 01:08 PM
Advanced search not working this am.....

vBulletin Messageconnection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=101, msg=Network is unreachable)

Same error message as zombola reported so obviously tied in.

clarkBENT
02-01-2016, 07:14 PM
After the ISP maintenance Sphinx search daemon didn't start up automatically -- I had to start it manually. Done. Working. :)

iq180
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Anybody having trouble with PMs, for me some days it works some days it don't and today it don't work, I tried to answer a PM from
Turbo and it don't work today.

Anubis
02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Anybody having trouble with PMs, for me some days it works some days it don't and today it don't work, I tried to answer a PM from
Turbo and it don't work today.
Just sent you one. Guess we will find out.

iq180
02-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Just sent you one. Guess we will find out.
PM sent but I don't think it worked.

fonger
02-02-2016, 08:56 PM
test sent.. please check :)

iq180
02-02-2016, 09:09 PM
No it don't seem to be working.

clarkBENT
02-02-2016, 10:51 PM
No it don't seem to be working.

How many messages are in your Sent items folder?

Anubis
02-02-2016, 11:16 PM
PM sent but I don't think it worked.
Never received it. Did you at least receive both fongers and mine? It may help Clark if you are at least receiving them. I know you said you received turbo's.

iq180
02-03-2016, 02:59 AM
Never received it. Did you at least receive both fongers and mine? It may help Clark if you are at least receiving them. I know you said you received turbo's.
Yes I received them but I can't send any thing back or send any member a new PM, this has been going on for about 3 weeks now,
1 day it will work fine the next day it want work at all.

Anubis
02-03-2016, 03:12 AM
Did you see Clark's question?

iq180
02-03-2016, 03:39 AM
Did you see Clark's question?
I just cleaned out my sent box, that seems to have fixed it, live and learn,LOL.
Thanks for the help.

bigbadbrother
02-03-2016, 03:44 AM
https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/11/bug.jpg

Sorry I just burned one.

dishuser
03-25-2016, 09:19 PM
clicked new posts tab and showed no new posts
yet there was about 25 new posts

haha11
03-25-2016, 10:11 PM

yup same, was wondering if it was only me...

dishuser
03-25-2016, 10:28 PM
yup same, was wondering if it was only me...
had to select today's posts to find out

hutch
03-25-2016, 10:28 PM
delete your browser cookies

dishuser
03-25-2016, 10:41 PM
delete your browser cookies

really?
fix the bug
has nothing to do with my end

clarkBENT
03-26-2016, 03:56 AM

There are two ways the system can poll for new posts: 1) based on cookies/inactivity; and 2) based on database information on which threads you have actually visited. To conserve server resources, it used to be cookie/inactivity based. However, this means if the browser is left open at satFIX the site may interpret some of that time as being on the site. I've now switched it to pull up new threads based on actually read threads (only for the past five days).

Please let me know if this fixes the issue. Thanks!

clarkBENT
03-26-2016, 03:58 AM
really?
fix the bug
has nothing to do with my end

It actually had EVERYTHING to do with YOUR cookies. ;)

Nevertheless, the "bug" is fixed.

I now see the last five days worth of threads that I did not read.

dishuser
03-26-2016, 03:30 PM
It actually had EVERYTHING to do with YOUR cookies. ;)

Nevertheless, the "bug" is fixed.

I now see the last five days worth of threads that I did not read.
bug isn't fixed
and it has nothing to do with my cookies since they're deleted every time my browser is closed

The Noof
03-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Something is funky,started this morning for me:my posts don't show up when I refresh & search new posts.Sometimes they may be there, but usually not.Cleared cookies,refreshed browser.Both Chrome & I.E. same issue.

bigbadbrother
03-26-2016, 06:15 PM
Something is funky,started this morning for me:my posts don't show up when I refresh & search new posts.Sometimes they may be there, but usually not.Cleared cookies,refreshed browser.Both Chrome & I.E. same issue.

Same here. It just started this morning.

The Noof
03-26-2016, 06:20 PM
Same here. It just started this morning.
I can find them with the activity search bro

bigbadbrother
03-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Nope not working here.

hutch
03-27-2016, 12:26 AM
siimply click on new posts...if they do not come up...it will give you a window to search the past 24 hrs...

dishuser
03-27-2016, 02:01 AM
siimply click on new posts...if they do not come up...it will give you a window to search the past 24 hrs...
read back to my last post in this thread
it's not fixed
leave it as is cause I don't care but don't have a thread to tell you about site bugs if someone without access to cpanel tells you a fix...lol

Anubis
03-27-2016, 02:43 AM

bigbadbrother
03-27-2016, 02:49 AM

New post are just fine, It's the posts I just made or any of my post or threads that don't show.

jazzman
03-27-2016, 03:24 AM
Posts I read yesterday or before are showing up in BOLD as new posts...what's up?

jazzman
03-27-2016, 04:55 AM
On another note whenever I post in a thread it no longer shows up in "new posts" which I know other sites are set up this way but ours never have been this way and I, "for one" don't care for this set up. Can this be fixed?

EDIT: just a thought but Rookie is set up this way and that is part of the reason I don't go there much...it has to be a setting in vBulletin that can presumably be fixed. Please fix it Clark...Thanks.

jazzman
03-27-2016, 06:07 AM

Shouldn't have to do "activity search" as ALL new posts should show when you click "new posts"...see above. It's just a setting in vBulletin IMO....Help Clark

OK. Did some testing and all you have to do is open a thread (not even post in it) and it disappears from the "new posts" option...this sucks lol. As this one did also...

Benney
03-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Shouldn't have to do "activity search" as ALL new posts should show when you click "new posts"...see above. It's just a setting in vBulletin IMO....Help Clark

OK. Did some testing and all you have to do is open a thread (not even post in it) and it disappears from the "new posts" option...this sucks lol. As this one did also...

Yep I just noticed this happening this morning. Reply to a post and it disappears when you hit new posts.
Have to hit todays posts to see what you have read and replied to now.
Fish is like that as well. Sucks because you have to go back to home page to find new posts button.

The Noof
03-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Yep I just noticed this happening this morning. Reply to a post and it disappears when you hit new posts.
Fish is like that as well. Sucks because you have to go back to home page to find new posts button.

Ditto.......

jazzman
03-30-2016, 01:59 AM
:bump::bump::bump:

hutch
03-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Thanks clark!!!

nobodyspecial
03-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks clark!!!

still the same

nobodyspecial
03-30-2016, 02:52 PM

go into any thread and new posts is there

1boxman
03-30-2016, 04:16 PM
Its seems to be set...whatever thread you look at it removes it from search . To save on server load .Clark I believe has explained it.

nobodyspecial
03-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Its seems to be set...whatever thread you look at it removes it from search . To save on server load .Clark I believe has explained it.
we have always had new post show all of the posts since the site was set up

1boxman
03-30-2016, 07:00 PM

I found its been different for awhile now. So I just do it other ways .

nobodyspecial
03-30-2016, 08:08 PM
I found its been different for awhile now. So I just do it other ways .

if two days is a while then yes...lol

jazzman
03-30-2016, 11:27 PM

Something is still different cause when I open a thread from the new posts page and then click on new posts that thread I opened has disappeared. I know it didn't used to be this way but maybe I'm just getting old and senile lol... I wish we could get it back to the way it used to be JMO.

KIDWCKED
03-30-2016, 11:34 PM
the quick links option todays posts is all i use...;)

jazzman
03-31-2016, 12:22 AM
the quick links option todays posts is all i use...;)

That works but it didn't used to be that way...when viewing a thread and hit the new post button all threads, even the one you just read, would still be there...

nobodyspecial
03-31-2016, 12:28 AM
Something is still different cause when I open a thread from the new posts page and then click on new posts that thread I opened has disappeared. I know it didn't used to be this way but maybe I'm just getting old and senile lol... I wish we could get it back to the way it used to be JMO.

we are saying the same thing,i dont like the way it is now

Benney
03-31-2016, 11:49 AM

hehe nope it's got nothing to do with being old so don't let anyone try that crap on us.

1boxman
03-31-2016, 12:24 PM
hehe nope it's got nothing to do with being old so don't let anyone try that crap on us.

Ah old..thought I smelt depends ..lol

clarkBENT
04-02-2016, 05:14 PM
we are saying the same thing,i dont like the way it is now

I'm reverting back to the cookies based system.

abouttosnap
04-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Have to say I like it better this way...jmo.

hutch
04-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Oh well... back to todays posts instead of new posts for me...lol... it was nice while it lasted... thanks...

dishuser
04-02-2016, 07:56 PM
thanks clark
everything is fine and normal

bigbadbrother
04-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Yep. Thanks Clark. ......

clarkBENT
04-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Oh well... back to todays posts instead of new posts for me...lol... it was nice while it lasted... thanks...

Sorry. Can't please everyone. :(

jazzman
04-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Seems back to "normal" for me...Thanks Clark....