PDA

View Full Version : water spilled on 8000 hd local

fred1438
12-23-2015, 06:55 AM
im just wondering where i can find a used i think there called main board thats where the water spilled on the processor,power board is good an the hd module is also good??? any help welcomed

Anubis
12-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Odds are you won't find one kicking around. Because these boxes are so inexpensive you might as well just buy something new.

cpr43
12-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Contact them, they should be able to help you

http://www.linkboxusa.com/contactus.htm

Terryl
12-27-2015, 05:53 PM
If it was clean water then it should not have hurt the unit, if it had minerals in it (tap water) then it may have affected the circuits, what can be done is to remove the main PCB from the chassis, (ground yourself first) remove any attached daughter boards (add on modules) and anything else removable, then using a large Tupperware (or other brand) cake holder (as large as or larger then the board) you cover the PCB in rubbing alcohol and let it soak for about 15 to 20 min.

Then swish it around a bit before removal from the bath, then hang it edge down to let the alcohol drip out, you can use canned air (carefully) to blow the remaining alcohol out from under the IC chips, to make sure it's fully dry you could put it under a lamp or heat bulb but be careful not to overheat the board.

This method has also worked to remove soda pop or coffee spills from units.

But there are no guarantees that it will work, but it's worth a try.

freedish
12-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Terryl is spot on. just because you spilt something on it does not mean it is bad. just unplug asap when i happens. you and also pour rice over it.

mechanicman
12-28-2015, 07:50 PM
And in a last ditch effort put it in the oven where it is nice dry heat.. at like i guess 100 to 150 degrees for a while..

Blazerbong
12-29-2015, 04:22 PM
yeah its like cleaning a Smartphone with water damage.Clean by soft scrubbing with 99% Alcohol and a soft toothbrush.I have revived 1 out of 3 Water Damaged Smartphones that were completely dead using this method.You got nothing to lose.

fred1438
01-09-2016, 09:51 PM
now as it is it shows 0000 an i get no video but i'll have to give it a try an see if that'll bring it back to life thanks for info

Anubis
01-10-2016, 02:31 PM
now as it is it shows 0000 an i get no video but i'll have to give it a try an see if that'll bring it back to life thanks for info
Keep us posted. Curious to see if you can get it back working or not.

fred1438
01-10-2016, 08:49 PM
thank you very much it is now alive an workin well , found out kids put creamsicle on top of it and all this time i thought i spilled water???