PDA

View Full Version : Xmas day phone call

Terryl
12-25-2015, 08:44 PM
The Christmas day phone call that made my Millennium.

Recently I did a data and files transfer to a new laptop for one of my older customers, I asked him what he wanted done with the old one, he said "just junk it", I asked if it would be OK to just refurbish it and give it to some needy Kids that I know.

He said "go for it", so I did just that, then wrapped it up for a Christmas gift, I also through in an old laptop carrying bag, the phone call I just got today made it the best day for a long while.

On the phone was one very happy 6 year old and a very excited 12 year old, they were absolutely flabbergasted that they got a laptop to do their own stuff on, one can now do her homework and the other can do drawings and play the games she wants without bugging Mom or Dad about using the computer.

I told them that they also need to write a thank you letter to the people that donated it for refurbishment, they would love to see that in the mail.

It's phone calls like this that melt my heart.

Hope everyone else is having a great Holiday,

Terryl

nob0dy
12-25-2015, 08:57 PM
awful nice of you :thumbsup:

surfinisfun
12-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Nice work Terryl,

Thats what Christmas is/or should be all about.......putting a huge smile on someones face.

Well done bro :thumbsup:

Nanochickin
12-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Its nice to see somebody who gives away their old computer equipment aswell. I give away all sorts of stuff to the local authority department which looks after Childrens homes. Mostly old computer equipment, Toys my children no longer use and clothes they have grown out of. A lot of my daughters clothes have never even been worn. They pass everything i give them onto children that need it.

Its a great feeling knowing that you have helped out somebody not as fortunate as yourself.

Anubis
12-26-2015, 07:47 PM
Well done Terryl. I commend you for your thoughtfulness to the 2 children and I have to give a big shout out to the kids for making that phone call.

The Noof
12-26-2015, 07:57 PM
The Christmas day phone call that made my Millennium.

Recently I did a data and files transfer to a new laptop for one of my older customers, I asked him what he wanted done with the old one, he said "just junk it", I asked if it would be OK to just refurbish it and give it to some needy Kids that I know.

He said "go for it", so I did just that, then wrapped it up for a Christmas gift, I also through in an old laptop carrying bag, the phone call I just got today made it the best day for a long while.

On the phone was one very happy 6 year old and a very excited 12 year old, they were absolutely flabbergasted that they got a laptop to do their own stuff on, one can now do her homework and the other can do drawings and play the games she wants without bugging Mom or Dad about using the computer.

I told them that they also need to write a thank you letter to the people that donated it for refurbishment, they would love to see that in the mail.

It's phone calls like this that melt my heart.

Hope everyone else is having a great Holiday,

Terryl

I think you just discovered the meaning of Christmas sir...

Nostradamus
12-26-2015, 07:58 PM
nice job man!

wattso99
12-26-2015, 09:26 PM
I know it made you feel good.......

Bonzo
12-27-2015, 12:26 AM
Terryl you are a scholar and a gentleman.
Just awesome.