PDA

View Full Version : No BUD today.

catthepatch
03-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Got up early today and started getting my tools and equipment together to snag a BUD and it started to SNOW! Oh well, maybe next year. Got it all figured out in my head on how this is going to work. Thanks to "risk" and his gin pole pics and drawings. Dug up a snatch block, a couple of 4x4s, 2x4s, rope, strapping, come along, ladder, sawzall, grinder with cutoff wheel, drill and some basic tools. Will have that BUD down in a jiffy! Now all I need is a camera to show off! Hope the weather is better later this week...

:bawl:

Costactc
03-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Bummer CTP, Mother Nature rules, cold here as well only 2c.

gordonkearse
03-22-2010, 09:10 PM
55F was the high here today in SC. At least we had two nice days Friday and Saturday.:innocent:

Even tomorrow doesn't look great.

Night Prowler
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
we really don't allow any form of bashing.....Mother Nature included.....it's not nice to fool Mother Nature........:tehe:

but seriously......

I'm sure the wait will be well worth it cat!!!! Good luck and Happy hunting!!!! Looking forward to the Pics.....:thumbsup:

buggyman
03-22-2010, 10:26 PM
If its an aluminum mesh, you can lift it right off the pole with a helper. Nothing required except a 3/4 wrench and some wd-40. And a pair of wire cutters. Don't take it apart. Put the whole thing, mount down, in the bed of a pickup.

Bowhunters
03-23-2010, 07:12 AM
4" of snow here in Kansas on saturday and now on monday it hit 52F and all the snow is already gone, spring is coming on.

Like buggyman said, use a pickup truck and take a friend with you and get that dish down and take it home, I put a pole in the ground in my yard before hand so when I trucked mine home 'years ago' I got that same friend to help take it down, truck it home and he also helped me put it on the pole in my yard.

Having some ice cold beers on hand after the job is done is a nice touch! LOL

catthepatch
03-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Well, got the dish today, not the pole though. Didn't have another cutoff wheel for the grinder. Will get one on the weekend and go back for it. Was about a 20 mile round trip, halfway back and the motor blew! Got just into the driveway when she seized up, whew! Not much traffic on the back roads. Had a heck of a time by myself but, got her down, still on the back of the truck though. Am really beat now and need to relax. Came with a Fujitsu FSR4900, remote and manual. Grabbed the wire but, will have to replace. 24" Von Wiess actuator I think in real good shape. More later...

Happy Testing!!!

Costactc
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
How about some pics CTP, old ird stb can be used as positioner- alot more accurate and consistent than a vbox, but huge.

TurboPirate
03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
still on the back of the truck though.
Happy Testing!!!

That is an excellent picture to start with, the Bud on the back of your truck......

catthepatch
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
First off I'll have to get a camera, or borrow one from someone. Don't know very many people around here. The BUD on the truck would make a nice pic and so would the starter hanging down from the blown motor of the truck. What am I going to tell my buddy, the owner, about this conundrum? I'll think of something when the time comes, the truth is always best. Was at the end of it's life anyway.

Costactc
03-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't have a camera either, I use my cell phone and download pics.