PDA

View Full Version : Server must be down, no yellow bar, how about a movie?

tubbs
02-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Server must be down, no yellow bar, how about a movie?

The thing I love & hate about the Mag254 is that you can download a MP4 file to a thumb drive and plug it in and watch the movie thru you mag254.

BUT when I don't get connected to a server, ( no yellow bar) I can't watch my movies on the thumb drive.

Anyone have a workaround? I can't seem to figure it out.

TUBBS

Nostradamus
02-16-2016, 03:12 AM
plug the thumb drive into your computer

tubbs
02-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately just plugging in the thumb drive will not work.

can not get to the screen or 'Inner Portal" without being hooked up to a server....
In less you know of a different way to get to that menu.

Nostradamus
02-16-2016, 02:22 PM
well then you are not downloading a movie file. sounds more like you are storing a link because if the movie is really downloaded to a thumb drive then you should be able to see the file on there using file manager and it should also be playable. now granted I don't have a mag254 but i know how files work and if it is actually storing it on the thumb drive then it should play on anything that recognizes the thumb drive providing the computer will play MP4. That is of course unless the thumb drive has some type of strange format in which case the computer probably wouldn't recognize it at all or will think it is defective. The only other reason would be that the file is encrypted and then it would have a different file extension.

tubbs
04-18-2016, 01:42 AM
I am having this trouble again.
My sub ran out today and the software won't allow you to get to the " inner portal" where I need to be to see the shares or USB drives.

Can someone tell me to get to the inner portal when I don't have a sub on a 254? is there a way to do it?
I think they do this on purpus. The box is usless without a sub..

Benney
04-18-2016, 02:12 AM
I am having this trouble again.
My sub ran out today and the software won't allow you to get to the " inner portal" where I need to be to see the shares or USB drives.

Can someone tell me to get to the inner portal when I don't have a sub on a 254? is there a way to do it?
I think they do this on purpus. The box is usless without a sub..

That's why I will never buy a proprietary box.