PDA

View Full Version : Question for Costactc

TurboPirate
03-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Hello Costactc and any who might know the answer to this problem, I will aim a 10 foot Bud to AMZ using a KU band LNB, I already did a home made Bracket for this mod, but the owner doesn't have any equipment to make the actuator move the dish, is there a way I can manually move the actuator to desire elevation? the azimuth I'll do it by hand, is the elevation I am wondering if there is a way with a car battery perhaps,,,,,,,Thanks in advance TURBO.

TurboPirate
03-25-2010, 07:01 AM
One more thing, the owner remembers the system being called 4dtv...........

risk
03-25-2010, 10:33 AM
hey turbo, the 4dtv receiver is what im usin to move my bud. . .im unsure of the amps my motor runs at, i do know mine is a 36v and i believe i have seen a few with 12v and 24v.

you may have setup a bud before, but with my little experience now is see the difference in elevation comparin my bud to my 3 or 4 footer, the bud looks more upright being a prime focus dish.

TurboPirate
03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
hey turbo, the 4dtv receiver is what im usin to move my bud. . .im unsure of the amps my motor runs at, i do know mine is a 36v and i believe i have seen a few with 12v and 24v.

you may have setup a bud before, but with my little experience now is see the difference in elevation comparin my bud to my 3 or 4 footer, the bud looks more upright being a prime focus dish.

I never had set up a BUD before, yes it looks that has more elevation then the 3 footer, I am using the same LNB you have on the 3.5 footer for AMZ in this 10feet BUD I just need to know how to do the elevation without a receiver, the 4dtv receiver is no longer alive nor present, I wish to do the aiming by hand and have all the KU channels you and I got from the smaller dish.................

Costactc
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Turbo just keep your two main bolts on the polar mount where the dish connects loose, once you've achieved the best quality signal tighten your bolts. My buddy also has a hand crank to move the dish across the arc, once we have achieved the best quality, then we attach the actuator.

TurboPirate
03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Turbo just keep your two main bolts on the polar mount where the dish connects loose, once you've achieved the best quality signal tighten your bolts. My buddy also has a hand crank to move the dish across the arc, once we have achieved the best quality, then we attach the actuator.

Thanks, I completely visualize what you said, I thought it was going to be a hard thing but I see now is not, thanks Costactc...........................

Costactc
03-25-2010, 04:46 PM
The bigger the dish, the easier I think it is. With a 10' dish your bound to get some of the arc, some tweaking and you should be set.

Gizz-Moes
03-26-2010, 01:11 AM
If the actuator is still good it can be moved using either a 12v auto battery, or auto battery charger. <br />
Connect the + and - or the battery or charger to the actuator motor inputs, just reverse the...