PDA

View Full Version : If your in Canada...... Playoffs... Always cheer for a Canadian Team no matter what??

ifonlyihad1
03-03-2016, 05:40 AM
Hey guys, just curious.... As a hockey fan, and a Canadian, and a Calgary Flames fan. I have a question for you all....

When it comes to playoff hockey, And as a true fan of your team, even if your team doesn't make it to the playoffs, do you start cheering for fellow Canadian teams, or do you cheer for teams you like, no matter what?

Myself, Once the Flame and the Canadiens are out, I will always cheer for whatever team I want to. lol.

Let the posting begin..

TLG
03-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Good question my friend ,, well let's look at that for a moment ......
OK, got it,....... as a canadian, I'll be cheering for the Canadians

Chicago Blackhawks .... 10 canadians
Los Angeles Kings .........13 Canadians
Washington Capitals .....10 canadians
New York Rangers .........10 canadians

Check out the rest of the contenders, ,,, half the team is canadian players
Hockey, it's a canadian sport !!!! :)

TLG
03-03-2016, 03:46 PM
I'll be cheering for Chicago ...
haven't seen a back to back champion since the 96-98 wings

http://www.pagecovers.com/covers/nhl_hockey_teams/chicago_blackhawks.jpg

Nostradamus
03-03-2016, 05:10 PM
I might watch the finals regardless of who is there. I have pretty much given up on the regular season altogether seeing as how most teams make the playoffs unless they are based in Canada LOL

Between all the whining and crying from the players that makes them sound like a bunch of over paid prima donnas with their big girl panties in a knot. Oh wait! They are over paid prima donnas with their big girl panties in a knot :) Most of them could score 9.9 on the 10 meter platform diving event at the olympics. Too damn bad they are supposed to be playing hockey.

Hockey like everything in this world has gone from being interesting to just another form of politically correct crap. Give the league another 5 years and their will not even be any playoffs because you couldn't have a team get eliminated because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

bobby
03-03-2016, 09:59 PM
I might watch the finals regardless of who is there. I have pretty much given up on the regular season altogether seeing as how most teams make the playoffs unless they are based in Canada LOL

Between all the whining and crying from the players that makes them sound like a bunch of over paid prima donnas with their big girl panties in a knot. Oh wait! They are over paid prima donnas with their big girl panties in a knot :) Most of them could score 9.9 on the 10 meter platform diving event at the olympics. Too damn bad they are supposed to be playing hockey.

Hockey like everything in this world has gone from being interesting to just another form of politically correct crap. Give the league another 5 years and their will not even be any playoffs because you couldn't have a team get eliminated because it might hurt somebody's feelings.

wow! definently not that bad for me as I still enjoy watching hockey even though my team is no where near contention at this time (leafs) but still lots to look at and enjoy for me, not jaded at all... as far as cheering for another team in the playoffs...not really unless my team is in but that does not mean i will not watch as I am a fan of the sport

KIDWCKED
03-04-2016, 12:34 AM

Your posts are just damn depressing!!....Wtf??

The Cobra
03-04-2016, 01:01 AM
I am a Leafs fan..............................what the hell are these "playoffs" things you`re jabbering about????

Nostradamus
03-04-2016, 01:03 AM
call them as I see them Kid hehehe. It has just changed so much in the last 10 years I really can't bear watching it much any more.

chad1976
03-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Lets go oilers

KIDWCKED
03-04-2016, 01:13 AM
then sens made a great charge with hamburglar last year...;)...goo sens...

burnsy
03-04-2016, 01:23 AM
Leafs
Tiger woods
Molson Canadian
Molson Canadian
JacK Daniels

KIDWCKED
03-04-2016, 01:30 AM
Leafs
Tiger woods
Molson Canadian
Molson Canadian
JacK Daniels

lmao....:thumbsup:

The Cobra
03-04-2016, 02:18 AM
Hey guys, just curious.... As a hockey fan, and a Canadian, and a Calgary Flames fan. I have a question for you all....

When it comes to playoff hockey, And as a true fan of your team, even if your team doesn't make it to the playoffs, do you start cheering for fellow Canadian teams, or do you cheer for teams you like, no matter what?

Myself, Once the Flame and the Canadiens are out, I will always cheer for whatever team I want to. lol.

Let the posting begin..

OK.....Fair enough question.....

Habs are out.......because the Habs are only Canadian when they are losing and want National backing from hockey fans, when are are winning they are from Quebec and French Canadians are the only ones that know anything about hockey.
Vancouver has never and will never win the Cup.....they may as well make a Stanley Cup out of tin foil and drag it thru the streets behind the SUVs.
For the rest of Canada....go Leafs, Jets, Oilers and Flames.

http://www.windsorstar.com/homes/cms/binary/4914793.jpg?size=640x420

burnsy
03-04-2016, 02:30 AM
Holy Chit what part of Saskatoon are you from lol

The Cobra
03-04-2016, 02:42 AM
Lets go oilers
And the day will come when McDavid sits down to sign a contract and blow the Oilers cap to smithereens and cost the Oilers at least 2 of them #1 picks they wasted..............

burnsy
03-04-2016, 03:51 PM
And the day will come when McDavid sits down to sign a contract and blow the Oilers cap to smithereens and cost the Oilers at least 2 of them #1 picks they wasted..............

BINGO and the value of the Oilers will drop like a barrel of tar sands crude !!!!!! lol

ifonlyihad1
03-04-2016, 04:09 PM
BINGO and the value of the Oilers will drop like a barrel of tar sands crude !!!!!! lol

I'm thinking your not from Alberta.

The Cobra
03-04-2016, 04:38 PM
The "value" at least hockey wise of the Oilers can`t get much lower than it is now. They have had 4 of the last 6 #1 picks...they still have no defense or goaltending and are facing signing MacDavid this year and a probable top 5 pick from the 2016 draft next year after his entry draft salary then Darnell Nurse and Eberle, meaning they will be forced into dumping off cap $$$ probably Hall, RNH and/or Yak and they still won`t have a defense or goaltending.
Even the Leafs aren`t in that kind of mess because they shed money(Phaneuf, Kessel etc) to the cap.

burnsy
03-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking your not from Alberta.

What makes you say that lol

ifonlyihad1
03-04-2016, 06:42 PM
What makes you say that lol

"Tar" sands. That's not what it is.

burnsy
03-04-2016, 07:19 PM
"Tar" sands. That's not what it is.

I stand corrected - Lord, I apologize for that one there, and please be with all
the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea! Amen!