PDA

View Full Version : Mercifly......

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 12:39 PM
It`s almost over............................................ again

http://lovethiscitytv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Leaf-collapse-sportingnews.jpg

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 12:43 PM
and with this as a big hope of your future you`ll have plenty to be proud of going forward.......

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jbX0UYgPmaP7VtVy_JCqx_NyfUA=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3594932/KaleidoscopicUnfoldedAphid.0.gif

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 12:49 PM
yes............so much pride still to come.....

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/3UciJ1eI2gAQ0MdCrTu2dliga8Q=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6276327/Apr_01__2016_13_46.0.gif

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 01:01 PM
The only worthwhile thing Lupul has done in a Leafs sweater......

http://i.imgur.com/iWHs7vf.gif

The Noof
04-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Not a Loafs fan Cobra?rotflmao.

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Although this off season should be plenty interesting with the MLSE think tank hard at work improving the Leafs

http://www.mlsefoundation.org/getmedia/2685f7c2-9538-4900-83e0-cdb1baa57c93/Banners_Interior_BoardOfDir.jpg.aspx

and why not?....they have to do at least as well as their predecessors and MLSE can pay them in M & Ms and make even more money.

The Noof
04-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Although this off season should be plenty interesting with the MLSE think tank hard at work improving the Leafs

http://www.mlsefoundation.org/getmedia/2685f7c2-9538-4900-83e0-cdb1baa57c93/Banners_Interior_BoardOfDir.jpg.aspx

You're giving the "think tank" more credit than it's due bro.
Year after year,they trade/draft poorly.Year after year they over-estimate the talent pool.Year after year,they ruin the young players.
Year after year,the Leafs goalies die of rubber poisoning.

bjim
04-02-2016, 01:33 PM
looks to me , that no Canadian team made playoffs

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Not a Loafs fan Cobra?rotflmao.

The only way to be a Leafs fan.............
http://www.nhldigest.com/images/Maple-Leaf-Fan-Drinking.gif

The Noof
04-02-2016, 01:36 PM
looks to me , that no Canadian team made playoffs
BRILLIANT !!!!rotflmao.

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 06:03 PM
TORONTO - Nazem Kadri vehemently disagrees with the diving label he's been tagged with by the National Hockey League.
The Maple Leafs centre has drawn US$5,000 worth of fines this season, the latest coming Friday for his third separate instance of diving or embellishment. The latest citation, worth $3,000 for his actions in a game Mar. 21 against Calgary, drew the brunt of his ire.
The 25-year-old was slashed in the back of the leg by Flames forwards Johnny Gaudreau and Josh Jooris moments after he hit Gaudreau into the end boards. Kadri was somewhat theatrical in his reaction, deemed to have overly sold the play.
"I looked at that particular play again (and) the guy wound up so far his stick was out of the frame — I couldn't even see it anymore," Kadri said Saturday. "Not to mention the massive welt I had on the back of my leg after that fact.
"Whoever's making that decision, I'd like to see them take one of those with no padding and see how it feels. I don't know how I was supposed to react."
The league's leader in drawn penalties for two seasons running (he was tied for second in 2013-'14), Kadri was initially warned for diving in a Feb. 4 game against New Jersey after he was elbowed in the face by Adam Henrique. He was cited again Mar. 12 versus Ottawa, selling an interference play against Chris Neil that ultimately went uncalled.
"I think you can make a penalty more obvious but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a penalty," said Kadri. "Diving and making something a little more obvious is two different things."
Kadri's next citation for diving/embellishment will draw a $4,000 personal fine as well as a $2,000 fine for head coach Mike Babcock. The fines increase for Babcock after subsequent citations this season.
Babcock believes Kadri has already developed a reputation for diving. His advice to Kadri was to "play as hard as you possibly can" and draw penalties that way.
"You don't have to embellish anything," Babcock said.
"I think he appreciates how hard I play and how I hard I compete," Kadri said of his coach.
Entering Saturday's home game against Detroit, Kadri has 44 points (17 goals, 27 assists) and 71 penalty minutes in 75 games this season.
Kadri, who said he wouldn't change the way he plays as a result of the fine, was sporting a black right eye from a late-game scrum in a 4-1 loss to the Buffalo Sabres last Thursday.
"I guess this was a dive too, I'm not quite sure," he said.

Cobra
Kadri is a complete disgrace to a hockey jersey. Shame because the kid has talent, a lot of it when he decides to use it. To quote Craig Button "Kadri has to just shut up and play hockey", sadly tho the Leafs will not trade this goof. One look in the lower bowl and MLSE management will tell you why.

TLG
04-02-2016, 07:11 PM
I had mentioned in another thread that I thought Kadri had to go.
I don't know if there are any coaches out there that want him,, he acts plays and talks
like a spoiled bratty kid. Other than Babcock, only two other coaches come to mind that
could coach this goof ,, Torts and Iron Mike ,,, (forget about Mike)

He reminds me of Eric Lindros (without the dives) give this kid a year or two and he'll
come around ,,,,

Babcock is very good at tapping into guys heads and bring out the best in them ,,,

The Leafs will be much better next year buds ,, wait and see

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 07:17 PM
I had mentioned in another thread that I thought Kadri had to go.
I don't know if there are any coaches out there that want him,, he acts plays and talks
like a spoiled bratty kid. Other than Babcock, only two other coaches come to mind that
could coach this goof ,, Torts and Iron Mike ,,, (forget about Mike)

He reminds me of Eric Lindros (without the dives) give this kid a year or two and he'll
come around ,,,,

Babcock is very good at tapping into guys heads and bring out the best in them ,,,

The Leafs will be much better next year buds ,, wait and see
They`re playing in and out of last place "getting better" won`t be much to accomplish.....LMAO..
If they don`t make a move for a viable defense and a goalie (Sparks ain`t it) they are mimicking the Oilers great success at having multiple first picks and wasting them all on forwards then having the worst GAA in the NHL.

sonicmario
04-02-2016, 08:19 PM
They`re playing in and out of last place "getting better" won`t be much to accomplish.....LMAO..
If they don`t make a move for a viable defense and a goalie (Sparks ain`t it) they are mimicking the Oilers great success at having multiple first picks and wasting them all on forwards then having the worst GAA in the NHL.

yes, bernier you cant count on as a number 1 either, not sure whats available in free agency, but they need to start drafting goalies, and hopefully they can somehow get lucky and draft a 1-2 defenseman or a 3-4, lots of work to do there, but im hoping lou and the brass are smarter than what the oilers have lol.

jainplane
04-02-2016, 08:36 PM
The only way to be a Leafs fan.............
http://www.nhldigest.com/images/Maple-Leaf-Fan-Drinking.gif

And then you can put the bag over your head.

TLG
04-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Yes, you are quit right when you say "in and out of last place" ........ but those are the Marlies
This new team brass is on the path ,,,, I have confidence and patience ,,, mark these words "we're gonna see a cup parade in TO"
And it's gonna be a hell of a party ,,, like only TO can host ,,,,,,,, I can't wait

The Cobra
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Yes, you are quit right when you say "in and out of last place" ........ but those are the Marlies
This new team brass is on the path ,,,, I have confidence and patience ,,, mark these words "we're gonna see a cup parade in TO"
And it's gonna be a hell of a party ,,, like only TO can host ,,,,,,,, I can't wait
I hope and pray you`re right because I`ve waited since `67 for even a viable hockey team......I`m still on the side of cautious optimism tho as I`ve heard the claptrap from the Leafs before only to have MLSE step in and ruin it. Wishing and hoping still.

sonicmario
04-02-2016, 10:50 PM
imagine if they won the lottery and draft Matthews and than got stamkos via free agency, the will have 2 studs at center witch makes bozak and kadri available for pics or maybe a defenseman oh the dreaming we can do lol!!, oh and if that vessey kid signs here he is a good top 9 capable of scoring 15-20 goals.

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Well Babcock seems to be so intent on defending MLSE`s pet Kadri....I`d love to hear his take on what happened last nite during the Wings game with Kadri`s predatory attack and crosscheck to Glendenning`s head.
What I found strangest of all was there was no replay shown nor a comment made about the incident on HNIC....all we heard was "oh boy" by an announcer and the video was cut off then switched to a replay of Larkin winning the fastest skater comp at the All Star game. What a load of garbage!
Kadri likes to cry about calls, suspensions and fines???? Well he`s gonna get some time off and a lighter paycheck for his efforts last nite.

If someone knows how to post the video (I don`t) PLEASE DO!!

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 05:16 PM
imagine if they won the lottery and draft Matthews and than got stamkos via free agency, the will have 2 studs at center witch makes bozak and kadri available for pics or maybe a defenseman oh the dreaming we can do lol!!, oh and if that vessey kid signs here he is a good top 9 capable of scoring 15-20 goals.
Despite the Toronto media blitz caving into the wishes of MLSE Kadri`s numbers prove he won`t bring much ...nor will Bozak....the Leafs next 10 years depend entirely with Mark Hunter and Shanahan right now, if I see Dave Morrison at the draft table again I`ll puke....how he still has a job is beyond me. Nylander has impressed that he`s NHL ready.....Marner is at least 2 years and 40 lbs away(Leafs should have drafted Provorov or even Hanifin). Leave Stammer out of the conversation and use Stamkos $$$$ to go out and buy a #1 AND #2 line defenseman....and a goalie. Sparks`s rebounds are worse than Reimer`s and he can catch about as well.

sonicmario
04-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Despite the Toronto media blitz caving into the wishes of MLSE Kadri`s numbers prove he won`t bring much ...nor will Bozak....the Leafs next 10 years depend entirely with Mark Hunter and Shanahan right now, if I see Dave Morrison at the draft table again I`ll puke....how he still has a job is beyond me. Nylander has impressed that he`s NHL ready.....Marner is at least 2 years and 40 lbs away(Leafs should have drafted Provorov or even Hanifin). Leave Stammer out of the conversation and use Stamkos $$$$ to go out and buy a #1 AND #2 line defenseman....and a goalie. Sparks`s rebounds are worse than Reimer`s and he can catch about as well.
Yea now Stammer is out with a blood clot in his arm, im kinda on the fence with him, like you said the $$$ that its going to take to get him here, can be used elsewhere and maybe his best years are behind him. and for sparks I totally agree hes not even a good back up to be honest, I see a career AHL tender.

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Yea now Stammer is out with a blood clot in his arm, im kinda on the fence with him, like you said the $$$ that its going to take to get him here, can be used elsewhere and maybe his best years are behind him. and for sparks I totally agree hes not even a good back up to be honest, I see a career AHL tender.
We`ll agree there across the board pal..........Stammer will command probably @ $10 mill but the Leafs are sorely lacking defensively and in net. Bernier has another year left so they`ll keep him and platoon him if he falters even the slightest...don`t be a bit surprised to see Reimer back tho...remember he`s a UFA the end of the season. When Reilly, Hunwick and Gardiner are our mainstay on the D..........that spells nothing but problems. There`s where the money/picks etc should be spent IMHO.......MLSE and their advertising staff, AKA the Toronto media, will groom us to believe that utter failure is good for us right now in search of Matthews....but the 3 Fins forwards Jesse Puljujarvi and Patrik Laine and defenseman Olli Juoleviare right there as well.

sonicmario
04-03-2016, 09:53 PM
yes defense is for sure a big need, we got Pits first rounder as well depending where it lands there maybe a defenseman to draft there, and hopefully we can start drafting some goalies too were really thin there too, I think we just signed a college kid out of Duluth maybe he will turn into something but I totally agree on Reims coming back. looking at the potential defense on the ufa market it does not look promising there so either will have to draft or maybe a trade, but top 4 defense are the hardest things to get via trade so we shall see.

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 10:10 PM
yes defense is for sure a big need, we got Pits first rounder as well depending where it lands there maybe a defenseman to draft there, and hopefully we can start drafting some goalies too were really thin there too, I think we just signed a college kid out of Duluth maybe he will turn into something but I totally agree on Reims coming back. looking at the potential defense on the ufa market it does not look promising there so either will have to draft or maybe a trade, but top 4 defense are the hardest things to get via trade so we shall see.

We`ll agree again.....We`ve got a ton of picks this draft, that`s why I mentioned Mark Hunter being so important because he`s the eye they`ll use on the kids coming up. Trading for a #1 pairing is out.......we`ve got nobody to deal even if a team is stupid enough to deal away a #1 (where`s Pierre Gauthier or Mike Gillis when you need them LOL). We`ll have to mire down in the muck again my friend because even if they get defense in the draft & via picks defensemen are usually 2-3 yrs away from being NHL ready.................like Babs said "there will be pain".

As long as big Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE are kept occupied by concentrating on ruining their new toy (the Argos) they`ll stay out of Leafs business as promised........and that`s a big "we`ll see"

sonicmario
04-03-2016, 10:29 PM
yes hopefully they do keep occupied with the argos, because im sick with being mediocre, we need to keep to the shanaplan, the only way it looks like we will get elite is with the draft and develop, and you are totally accurate with Mark Hunter being so important we got a lot of picks stockpiled and he is the man i would trust to draft good young players.

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 11:00 PM
yes hopefully they do keep occupied with the argos, because im sick with being mediocre, we need to keep to the shanaplan, the only way it looks like we will get elite is with the draft and develop, and you are totally accurate with Mark Hunter being so important we got a lot of picks stockpiled and he is the man i would trust to draft good young players.

Beats the hell out of Dave Morrison doing the picks doesn`t it?......How that boob kept his job when all the staff under him got fired is beyond me. Gotta swallow is all I can figure.

The Cobra
04-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Just in.......TSN
Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/nazem-kadri) will have a hearing for cross-checking Detroit Red Wings forward Luke Glendening (http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player-bio/luke-glendening) on Saturday, the NHL Department of Player Safety announced Sunday

.Cobra
I wonder how the "poor little Naz" fans will defend his actions this time around.

sonicmario
04-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Hey Cobra he got 4 games, I believe he is rfa at the end of this year, I hope they trade his rights, but Babs seems to really like him....

The Cobra
04-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Hey Cobra he got 4 games, I believe he is rfa at the end of this year, I hope they trade his rights, but Babs seems to really like him....
Yeah I just saw that........good that we won`t have to be embarrassed by this goof again this season.
He`ll be in a Leafs sweater next year......he`ll fetch nothing much as trade bait. Babs is told to like him by MLSE, Kadri has a lot of "fans" in the GTA that spend a lot of money on the Leafs...take a peek in the lower bowl.... there are more towels in the stands than in the dressing room. Take another look at MLSE`s board of directors.......Kadri stays. They`ll give him a fat raise, a 5 yr term and he`ll disappear off the score sheet and call it a career the second he signs on the bottom line.