PDA

View Full Version : Help with Video Graphic Settings for Mag254 and IPTV Express

dsingleton
04-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some help with the setup for my new mag254 box and IPTV Express subscription. I ran into a situation yesterday and am very confused:

For the mag254 box - inner portal - I set my video output to 1080p and graphic resolution to 1980 x 1080.

Then I went into the outer portal - IPTV Express subscription - and selected settings to change the graphic resolution, but the graphic resolution was only going as high as 1280 x 720. It didn't have 1980 x 1080 as the inner portal. After seeing this, I didn't know what to select so I chose "Same As Video" and my mag254 box rebooted and was showing "No Signal". I had do a complete factory reset for the box to fix it.

Now I don't know what Video and Graphic resolution to set for the inner and outer portal and am confused by the difference of inner/outer portals? I have a nice HDTV and want to get the most out of my IPTV Express subscription. Let me know if anyone can help and tell me what to set for each portal? Thank you.

jedi
04-22-2016, 09:52 PM
I tried to set both of mine to 1080-p-60 and The Graphic Resolution "Same as Video" - but it just reboots and automatically changes the Graphic Resolution to "1280 x 720"

Picture looks pretty good - I sometimes have to play with the button on the bottom right corner to get the best picture size - it is usually "Stretched" but sometimes have to use "Best Fit"

IPTVExpress has some pretty good HD channels - try channels 101 to 184 (their HD/UHD) channels - some of those channels are close to the HD picture quality of a satellite receiver.

You shouldn't have to do a factory reset if that happens again.
Pull the power from your MAG box - then hold the [MENU] button on the remote (button on the left with 3 horizontal lines and 3 dots) - continue to hold this button as you insert power until you see the boot menu screen.
Once there you can select the correct Video setting (1080p-60 - and Same as video) and then move down to select Save and Exit - now press the right arrow button - you should see a popup asking if you want to save and exit - select and press the OK button.
You should now be able to boot up with video.

dsingleton
04-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Thanks Jedi for all your help! So regarding the Graphic Resolution, since the outer portal -IPTV Express - will only allow up to 1280 x 720, what should I put the graphic resolution for the inner portal - main mag box settings? Should I keep 1980 x 1080 for the inner portal mag box settings and 1280 x 720 for the outer portal, or do I have to make them both match the same and change the inner portal to 1280 x 720 as well?

Also, when I did the factory reset yesterday and had the boot menu come up - I didn't know what Boot Mode to select - "NAND" or NAND2"?

Thanks again for all your help!!!