PDA

View Full Version : Tips for adding missing channels?

df2002
07-08-2016, 02:48 AM
Are there any tips/tricks to adding channels that were missed during the auto-scan?
It seems every time I scan, I never end up with the same set of channels, and I don't want a ton of duplicates.
Also, for channels like MLB, I seem to never be able to get the full set during a scan.

Is there a way to re-scan a specific transponder that the missing channel comes from to grab the missing channel without screwing up the main channel list?

Thanks!

nobodyspecial
07-08-2016, 04:23 AM
Are there any tips/tricks to adding channels that were missed during the auto-scan?
It seems every time I scan, I never end up with the same set of channels, and I don't want a ton of duplicates.
Also, for channels like MLB, I seem to never be able to get the full set during a scan.

Is there a way to re-scan a specific transponder that the missing channel comes from to grab the missing channel without screwing up the main channel list?

Thanks!

Do a manual scan of all the conus tps Look in the general receiver forum for a list

jedi
07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
To get the MLB channels I think you may have to do the scan while a game is being broadcast. I'm pretty sure I had a similar problem with NHL channels in the winter if a game wasn't being played on a particular channel when you did the scan - then it wasn't being added to the channel list.
I went to lyngsat to see what channels I should be getting and had to check the TV schedules to see when games were being played on the channels I was missing and then do a rescan.