PDA

View Full Version : IPTV with Kodi on Windows 10

tommyboy
07-18-2016, 01:56 AM
I have been trying for a few days now, off and on trying to get the EPG ninja to load from the stalker client, and am very close...but so far away. I installed and uninstalled Kodi 3 times now, because of conflicts. I currently have Kodi 16.1 Jarvis loaded on windows 10, with all the pertinent info typed into the Client Stalker, including the ports recommended. I've even reset as per the correct instructions I've ready everywhere.
I am left with the same error message everytime...Authorization Failed, retrying...but it never allows the EPG to load?
Perhaps I am missing an important repository?
Help please!

fonger
07-18-2016, 01:06 PM
tommyboy, i am so sorry.. i've been trying for long time as well. i even watched all the youtube videos and seeing them install the netflix looking one, the elvis, and everything. the authorization fail for me was very discouraging.. and i simply gave up.

stratt
07-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Hey guys, sent both of you a pm. Let me know if you need further help. I got mine working with the tutorial I sent you. Make sure you follow it step by step. Sometimes you have to try it several times, but it does work.

Anubis
07-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, sent both of you a pm. Let me know if you need further help. I got mine working with the tutorial I sent you. Make sure you follow it step by step. Sometimes you have to try it several times, but it does work.
Any reason you can't post the information for others that have the same problem?

stratt
07-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Any reason you can't post the information for others that have the same problem?

Sorry Anubis, I'll copy and paste. It was a link to another site. Didn't want to step on any toes. Tommy and Fonger, please see the updated repo below

Here is the tutorial from Pyscon....

How-To: Set up Kodi's included pvr.stalker client with epg.ninja
You dont touch pvr.stalkers settings.. instead you install and configure the epg updater addon from the epg.ninja repo

Steps

1. install the epg updater service addon from the epg.ninja repo at
http://epg.ninja/clairvoyance
2. Configure the service.stalkerEPGUpdater addon with your donation number, MAC, and choose your iptv port as shown on papiao or 66, and do an iptv reset on the site
3. Enable "configure pvr stalker"
4. go to settings >TV > Clear data, and restart Kodi
5. go to settings > TV and choose enable. if it says no pvr addon enabled, enable "stalker client"
6. thats it, your channels should be loading.

If your pvr.stalker is already configured. ensure you change the epg location to special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml . you can also set a custom download path in the epg updater addon to use a folder of your choosing but the filename will be the same epg_xmltv.xml

Anubis
07-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Sorry Anubis, I'll copy and paste. It was a link to another site. Didn't want to step on any toes. Tommy and Fonger, please see the updated repo below

Here is the tutorial from Pyscon....

How-To: Set up Kodi's included pvr.stalker client with epg.ninja
You dont touch pvr.stalkers settings.. instead you install and configure the epg updater addon from the epg.ninja repo

Steps

1. install the epg updater service addon from the epg.ninja repo at
http://epg.ninja/clairvoyance
2. Configure the service.stalkerEPGUpdater addon with your donation number, MAC, and choose your iptv port as shown on papiao or 66, and do an iptv reset on the site
3. Enable "configure pvr stalker"
4. go to settings >TV > Clear data, and restart Kodi
5. go to settings > TV and choose enable. if it says no pvr addon enabled, enable "stalker client"
6. thats it, your channels should be loading.

If your pvr.stalker is already configured. ensure you change the epg location to special://temp/epg_xmltv.xml . you can also set a custom download path in the epg updater addon to use a folder of your choosing but the filename will be the same epg_xmltv.xml

Thanks for taking the time to post the information! I killed the live link as they are not allowed unless it directs you within the site.

stratt
07-18-2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post the information! I killed the live link as they are not allowed unless it directs you within the site.

Lol. Thanks. i didn't post the link to the other site for that reason and still left the live link to the repo. Doh!

rick333
07-18-2016, 01:44 PM
I have Kodi 16.1 Jarvis working on my computer under Windows 7.
My nephew was helping me out with my new android device and we decided to upgrade computer to Windows 10 while we were at it.
Kodi would not work, so we went back to Windows 7 and Kodi works fine.

stratt
07-18-2016, 01:47 PM
My nephew was helping me out with my new android device and we decided to upgrade computer to Windows 10 while we were at it.

Kodi should work fine on win 10

rick333
07-18-2016, 02:26 PM
Kodi should work fine on win 10

Okay, maybe it was kodi-15.2-Isengard that wasn't working,
or maybe it was my computer too obsolete for Windows 10!
Thank you.

tommyboy
07-18-2016, 02:29 PM
Hello rick333, did you install the way strat suggested, or the way that's been all over the forums and most youtube videos?

tommyboy
07-19-2016, 04:44 PM
Stratt, I tried what you said, but it didn't work. I really didn't see how you could change the configuration of the Ninja EPG, only the IPTV stalker client. It is something very strange and complicated...at least for me. It seems there are many different methods of doing the configuration and it depends on your system and how things are installed on the computer, along with the different versions, it is way over my head, for now.
I love testing these things, but it's been many nights past midnight and I have never gotten it to work. I am not sure what to do now, since the site that provided the UN and PW don't respond to requests.
So I am just venting at the moment, and perhaps there are others that have more insight in these matters that perhaps could help?

stratt
07-19-2016, 05:10 PM
Stratt, I tried what you said, but it didn't work. I really didn't see how you could change the configuration of the Ninja EPG, only the IPTV stalker client. It is something very strange and complicated...at least for me. It seems there are many different methods of doing the configuration and it depends on your system and how things are installed on the computer, along with the different versions, it is way over my head, for now.
I love testing these things, but it's been many nights past midnight and I have never gotten it to work. I am not sure what to do now, since the site that provided the UN and PW don't respond to requests.
So I am just venting at the moment, and perhaps there are others that have more insight in these matters that perhaps could help?

Go into "system", "add-ons","my add-ons", "services", right click on "stalker epg updater" then click on configure. Put all you info there ;)

Here's what the settings look like for mine. I deleted my donation and end of my mac. I am on 4.iptv server. Change your accordingly. I'll get you there, dont give up.

http://i64.tinypic.com/21jspiv.jpg

tommyboy
07-19-2016, 05:32 PM
I think I already did that, but since I was put on IPTV Portal 22, I've used 22 in front of the address. When I get home I'll check the setting again. I also went back to the original Stalker client and put it all to default, so none of my info was in there any more.
I don't want to give up, that's why I stay up late to try and tackle this thing.
Thanks.

stratt
07-19-2016, 05:38 PM
I think I already did that, but since I was put on IPTV Portal 22, I've used 22 in front of the address. When I get home I'll check the setting again. I also went back to the original Stalker client and put it all to default, so none of my info was in there any more.
I don't want to give up, that's why I stay up late to try and tackle this thing.
Thanks.

Cool dont forget to do an iptv reset when the tutorial tells you to. Also, make sure you put the entire MAC address and not just the last three. Sometimes in the past I have actually had to close Kodi and when I reopened it started loading the channels. I promise you it works. I struggled forever until I used this method. Also I had to reset my iptv several times when i put on a different build of Kodi. Fingers crossed for you.

tommyboy
07-20-2016, 03:59 AM
Stratt, I did everything right but still no epg download. At a few points I was told to enable the stalker client because it couldn't see at least one, but then got the error messages again. I am at a loss.
I did change the port setting and got 2 now, instead of 1. But my given number was 22, and I've read that the port for that should be 1, so I don't know?

stratt
07-20-2016, 11:53 AM
Stratt, I did everything right but still no epg download. At a few points I was told to enable the stalker client because it couldn't see at least one, but then got the error messages again. I am at a loss.
I did change the port setting and got 2 now, instead of 1. But my given number was 22, and I've read that the port for that should be 1, so I don't know?

When you get the enable pvr thing reset Kodi and try again.

tommyboy
07-20-2016, 06:25 PM
Hi Stratt, I did that a few times. I think I need a new mac address, but I can't get a hold of anyone to get that done. I'll try another route and see if I cannot contact someone to get a new mac address, because I think I must have reset a millions times, plus changed the port once...only thing left is a new mac address, but the sight tells me it isn't possible, even though it shows the push button to do it? Thanks for hanging in there with me though, I really appreciate it.
So...tried for a couple of hours again last night, and still no luck. I am wondering if it has something to do with the iks being down?

rick333
07-26-2016, 04:15 PM
Hello rick333, did you install the way strat suggested, or the way that's been all over the forums and most youtube videos?
No, just the basic Kodi program. Worked on windows 7 fine, wouldn't work on 10, went back to 7 and works fine.
Like I said, my computer is not likely compatible for windows 10.

Will get faster computer some day, but for now Kodi 16.1 works great in windows 7.
I do not have "pay for" IPTV service, so didn't need Strats procedure.