PDA

View Full Version : Still hope?

anngreg
10-01-2016, 04:58 PM
I still believe that there are a lot of potential in this receiver, CNX and Coolsat. It is not a lost cause jet. Only time will tell.

eramnauth
10-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Iks receivers will soon be of no use

Dells
10-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Iks receivers will soon be of no use

When and why?

abouttosnap
10-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Still 2-S and 2-N birds possible. As to the rest I'm afraid it is a dead issue. As to iks receivers being of no use soon no one knows that although the rumors seem to pop up year after year without fail. Been that way for fifteen years at least and no one has guess right yet...of coarse if one stays after it year after year someone will nail and I guess they can finally say...see told you so. And even if someone does guess what have they accomplished...nothing. Most stb's are FTA boxes from the factory so they will always be viable as long as there are some FTA birds viewable.

jvvh5897
10-07-2016, 07:15 PM
People keep ignoring the fact that there is still a bird on 101 degree Ku with a provider that old boxes can pick up. The audio is not scrambled and IKS can be done on the provider. Little has been done on the sat since P4 came in, but that just means that there is fun exploration to be had.

extreme
10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
is there a way to use rf /signal in on 322 and feed or piggy back just coax signil going in the 322 right off mother board and use it to get signal on say ilink 9000 kinda I woulsay bridge it so dish signal goes in 322 sat in/rf then solder coax after rf on 322 main bard to I link 9000 main board after rf conector so the 322 is getting signal and feeding ilink 9000 to decode ? basicly 322 hooked normal open case on recvr and solder to main board after signail is fed and feed that solder lead inside 9000 after rf so it sees new sig turbo curious

jvvh5897
10-11-2016, 03:32 PM
Well, if you are asking me, then heck if I know.
There are two types of modern FTA boxes, one has the tuner separate from main processor, the other has most of the tuner built into the processor and only the front end chip and LNB control on the outside. If you were to clip the I/Q signal from the front end and feed it into another box (assuming you don't blow chips) then the second box might get what it needs to run. It is not something I would try.

jvvh5897
10-12-2016, 05:39 PM
If you do try something like this, you might want to read a few tuner chip pdf like you can find at:

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/digital-set-top-box-ics/demodulators-and-tuners/silicon-tuners/stv6120.html or

http://www.datasheetlib.com/datasheet/392167/cx24132_conexant-systems.html?page=2#datasheet

Terryl
10-12-2016, 07:05 PM
There are still quite a few FTA satellites out there, you would need a motorized 39 inch dish with a good linear LNB to get them all, but there are still a few that the old receivers can still work with.

Some of the old receivers are only MPEG-2 capable, with these you would not be able to receive any HD channels in MPEG-4, also some of the FTA channel providers have switched over to DVB-S2 8PSK modulation, the older receivers may not be able to decode those channels.

And one satellite has a new format, it is 16APSK in DVB-S2, this is found at 97W on a "C" band transponder, 3980H with an FEC of 3/4 and an SR of 30000, all in MPEG-4 and HD.

A new receiver with those capability's would get you some nice channels.