PDA

View Full Version : Advice on iptv with best epg

lstep
11-16-2016, 12:39 AM
There seem to be a zillion services, boxes, Kodi AddOns, etc... for iptv. Can anyone provide some advice on best way to receive a great epg for English speaking programming ? There seem to be many issues

- iptv box ( mag, t1, android, Kodi, stbemu...)
- iptv provider

A long time ago I had an Avov. Kind of neat but the guide issue was never quite resolved. The Dreamlink T1 seems to be in this same spirit but runs Android ( no Play store I assume), its own app "store" and is simple to use, which was the original appeal of the Avov. The Mag boxes are even more restricted in what they do but I assume even easier to use?

Is there an advantage running iptv on the T1 or Mag as opposed to Kodi on some Android or PC box from the EPG point of view?

Everyone has their priorities. Mine happens to be the guide! I don't care if the video is 520p or even 480p. But not being able to know what I am watching is too much. Thanks...

So, if you was an easy to set up box which can handle a superb guide which would you choose? The icing on the cake would be if one could pause or even record live streams.

skater
11-16-2016, 01:17 AM
for me i see the epg populates faster on the mag box but the time seams to be out for some services

the dreamlinkt1 for me has the correct time in the epg.......when using the dream online the stalker iptv equivalent in there box

i can't speak for kodi i don't like it much

but the dream link is easier to flip between different services and it does have its own apps like a neflix and a hulu if you have accounts

i had the avov but it sucked the dreamlinkt1 does what the avov could not do...that is to have private iptv and kodi and run well

im not an emulator fan i just dont think you get the full experience like the right stalker app give you..........

kenkell1
11-16-2016, 01:21 AM
stbemu pro works great.

nobodyspecial
11-16-2016, 01:26 AM
the epg comes from the server so a lot depends on how much they work on it
I use t1

lstep
11-17-2016, 10:45 PM
Thanks all. The T1 sounds interesting. The one advantage of running iptv via the built in Stalker ( doesn't seem to be in Linux versions) is the ability to enhance the epg and possible to record. Unfortunately Stalker on Kodi seems oriented to NFPS so if that's not your service then it's hit and miss. Tried for ages to get a number of iptv services to work using Stalker in Kodi but kept getting authentication errors. Using the proprietary addons work but then you can't integrate the channels into kodi's pvr guide.

stbemu pro is nice but even with suppliers like ipguys the guide is not optimal ( not bad though). Would be nice to see the guide first and launch as opposed to the channels first.

The epg may come from the server but then different resellers have their own addons which may or may not integrate into Kodi's tv guide. For example, iptvsubs is resold under different names with different AddOns. Getting the Ninja epg to work with the same content is hit and miss.

kenkell1
11-18-2016, 07:56 PM
Stbpro using voodoo works about as good as it gets. I have seen it and was impressed.

lstep
11-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Stbpro using voodoo works about as good as it gets. I have seen it and was impressed.

Nice to know. IpGuys with stbemu is actually not bad. The epg is actually ok. I am a bit confused as to where these services are coming from. Are they all related somehow to nfps?

I would find SD ok as long as it was widescreen which is not the case for most of the SD channels. IPGuys may not be 720p but it is very stable and widescreen when labelled HD.

Highwayman
11-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Nice to know. IpGuys with stbemu is actually not bad. The epg is actually ok. I am a bit confused as to where these services are coming from. Are they all related somehow to nfps?

I would find SD ok as long as it was widescreen which is not the case for most of the SD channels. IPGuys may not be 720p but it is very stable and widescreen when labelled HD.

they use services like
http://www.wliptv.com/?c=2&a=0&p=10
Im not advertising for them and there are other services like this one.

lstep
11-24-2016, 02:29 AM
for me i see the epg populates faster on the mag box but the time seams to be out for some services

the dreamlinkt1 for me has the correct time in the epg.......when using the dream online the stalker iptv equivalent in there box

i can't speak for kodi i don't like it much

but the dream link is easier to flip between different services and it does have its own apps like a neflix and a hulu if you have accounts

i had the avov but it sucked the dreamlinkt1 does what the avov could not do...that is to have private iptv and kodi and run well

im not an emulator fan i just dont think you get the full experience like the right stalker app give you..........

Will any service that works with a Mag 2xx work with the Dreamlink T1? You mentioned Netflix and Hulu apps. Does the T1 remote work with these, and other, apps or do you need a mouse?

As far as the epg goes, does the Dreamlink T1 give you any control over how this shows up?

skater
11-24-2016, 03:02 AM
will any service work with it
yes it should

yes the t1 has apps you down load and the remote has a mouse option...like a pointer come up on the screen but i bought a 14 dollar key board with mouse off amazon it works better

how the epg shows up.....ya ....if i hat sort there all on the left if i exit and hit epg its like normal epg.....the page up and down is the channel up and down when in the epg....

its not like the bell/dish receivers....

for this industry of the iptv boxes i have tried it does the most and it it has not crashed or froze /locked up like the avov did
and it just does more then the mag

give you more tv options all in one box

lstep
11-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Sounds like the T1 is pretty neat. Do you get Netflix in widescreen and 720p? That is, does it show up in HD? I am using stbemu now on a Fire TZv and while it's pretty good the whole experience is a bit strange. For example, you don't have any way of getting at the controls of the "Mag" one the emulator takes over. For that you can try to get stbemu pro, but that is not in the Amazon store and so there is no way of buying it. If you download it from various apk sources you end up with a version that gives odd error codes.

The deal, for me, would be to run things in Kodi but I have had poor results with the epg and in any case the Stalker AddOn is now less than optimal on Kodi.