PDA

View Full Version : Need help with IP

Satcro
11-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Hello all

I have an issue which is not allowing me to connect. During the process of updating my ip settings, i messed around with my DNS IP setting which I should've never touched. I forgot to save it and can't for the life of me remember it. All other settings are fine. All i remember is the my old dns ip before this happend started with 202. Support team has been reluctant to help me. Can someone kindly give me a working DNS IP Or guide me some way. I have a SV 8000HD.

runamok
11-18-2016, 07:11 PM
If your not on dhcp in server setup change it from static to dhcp and reboot recveiver and hub.You can find your dns ip by going to pc cmd prompt and type in ipconfig/all i believe.This will tell you ip's.

Satcro
11-19-2016, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the advice mate. Unfortunately didn't work for me. The ip in my pc by cmd prompt doesn't match what I used to have. Plus, the number the comes up is the same as my gateway ip on my reviever settings. I also tried to change from static to dhcp and reboot and nothing worked. I need the DNS IP for my SV8000 settings. What now?

runamok
11-19-2016, 01:44 AM
Your gateway and dns ip can be the same mine is that way.Did you reboot your modem/router first then bootup receiver and hub on dhcp?Your receiver on dhcp should populate all your ip's unless you made changes in your router settings.

Satcro
11-19-2016, 02:06 AM
So I tried everything you suggested and still nothing works. Still getting connect fail. The dhcp method didn't pouplate anything and I didn't change my router settings. This is all went wrong when i touched my DNS IP setting.

runamok
11-19-2016, 02:43 AM
Been sometime since I messed with a sv.You may have bricked your hub.Run wiznet(click search only) and see what your version is showing.

version should be 4.12

OldTester
11-19-2016, 03:51 AM
So I tried everything you suggested and still nothing works. Still getting connect fail. The dhcp method didn't pouplate anything and I didn't change my router settings. This is all went wrong when i touched my DNS IP setting.

Try a public one like 8.8.8.8 from from Google.

Some routers (wireless router) might function as local DNS server so you can set the gateway IP as DNS server for the STB. If the wireless router can't resolve the entry it will pass it up to the DNS server in the ISP network.

Your wireless router (or just router) also needs access to the DNS server typically provided and configured dynamically by the ISP. If not, they have to provide you an IP for DNS or you can use one of those public DNS like 8.8.8.8

Satcro
11-19-2016, 05:48 AM
I tried your option but it didn't work. I have checked router settings and pc settings and nothing works. Is DNS IP that important. I keep getting connect fail on South. Nothing looks remotely close to what my DNS IP looked like before this happened. I'm starting to think my user name and password don't work anymore. Right now, I got my DNS and gateway ip set at the standard 192.168.0.1.

Satcro
11-19-2016, 01:19 PM
I have finally figured it out. I took the advice of switching static to dchp in my settings. It took several trys and reboots but did end up fixing it. Thanks for everything guys appreciate it.