PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Release Adams and Hamlin

msav
04-02-2010, 06:36 PM
End of the line: Cowboys release veteran LT Adams, FS Hamlin

NFL.com

The Dallas Cowboys said goodbye to two veterans.
The team on Friday released left tackle Flozell Adams and safety Ken Hamlin, who announced the news via Twitter before the team did.
"I would like to say to all of my fans that I appreciate all the love that you have showed me in Dallas," Hamlin tweeted. "It was a good run. ... Thanks."

As for Adams, the Cowboys called his agent, Jordan Woy, with the news Friday morning.
"I asked them at the beginning of March if they were going to do it because we would rather them do it now rather than waiting," Woy told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "They didn't get back to me with an answer. Of course they didn't say don't worry either. So I knew it was a possibility. It's not out of left field. But today was the first time I knew about it."
Adams, who has played all 12 years of his career in Dallas, was scheduled to make a $5 million base salary with a $2.5 million roster bonus due in June. Hamlin, a seven-year veteran who has spent the last three with the Cowboys, was scheduled to make $5.596 million next season.
Given the modified rules in an uncapped year, the Star-Telegram reported that Woy believes the decision was rooted in money.