PDA

View Full Version : loading add ons to Kodi on T1

Moonman
12-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Just got my stb this morning and went thru all the set ups and got Kodi loaded in the app store. Loaded fine and working ok with the pre loaded add ons(crackle, popcorn , etc). when I tried to load super repo or any thing else by zip file, it just reverts to the home page. The repo is shown in the add source page but it just shows cancel in the box on the right, as if the file isn't there in the list and get network error not connected. Ther stb is hard wired and shows to be connected. Another thing is the stb doesn't or can't locate the wi fi router I have it plugged into , when I try to connect shows nothing as far as a wifi list. SW is listed as 2.4.4, updated automatically when I turned it on. I have Kodi on my PC and never had an issue loading addons. The DL acts like the repo isn't there. Is there a configuration in system settings that I'm missing?

nobodyspecial
12-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Is the wifi turned on and network off? Have not heard of anyone having issues adding to kodi? When you say installing from zip you mean program,, add-ons,install from zip?

Moonman
12-05-2016, 10:54 PM
yes, got the wifi on but it seems I need to add a network location so the zip file can be accessed. Will that be the ip's in the network setup? they don't have a name for a server

nobodyspecial
12-05-2016, 10:55 PM
i downloaded another kodi ,you can run seperate kodis on the t1 and had no issues I went as far as the helix ,isengard etc repos but they were all there
Maybe try spmc

Moonman
12-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Believe thwe issue is the network connection. On my PC I have a connection, but the router doesn't have one per se. I have Jarvis 16.1

pugsycan
12-05-2016, 11:02 PM
You are adding the ULR for superrepo right?

http://srp.nu

nobodyspecial
12-05-2016, 11:04 PM
are you in the page apps market tool settings?
for your wifi?

Moonman
12-05-2016, 11:04 PM
thats exactly the one I'm trying to load, when I click on browse it is still asking for a network connection

nobodyspecial
12-05-2016, 11:06 PM
power off and on ,does the correct time show up?

Moonman
12-05-2016, 11:10 PM
yes the time is correct, all the configs are right, updates are all good. Right now I'm in Kodi on the zip file screen. The DL is connected directly to my Motorola Surfboard router

nobodyspecial
12-05-2016, 11:12 PM
dont be offended but sometimes its something simple
I just used this guide

https://superrepo.org/get-started/

I have to go out for a while

Moonman
12-05-2016, 11:15 PM
I'm not offended, but the issue isn't the install, I don't think. The issue is there is no place for the repo to be drawn from, because there isn't a network to put it on. I need a server....lol

pugsycan
12-05-2016, 11:52 PM
thats exactly the one I'm trying to load, when I click on browse it is still asking for a network connection

I'm not offended, but the issue isn't the install, I don't think. The issue is there is no place for the repo to be drawn from, because there isn't a network to put it on. I need a server....lol
So you are going _ system- File manager- add source- (put in above web page) where it says none Then name it what ever then hit ok
Then go out of there to System - settings- add-ons - install from zip file Go down to superrepo (or what ever you named it) click on it

Moonman
12-06-2016, 12:12 AM
yes, and when I right click on the repo, I get a window that says there is no network connection and the zip file page recesses back to the right leaving me at the setting page( install from zip)when I check settings in system under web interface it tells me I'm connected to the net, but there isn't a network to access the zip file from. I have Kodi on my desktop, so I know how to do this. I can't seem to find what the network is on the PC, I assume its my xfinity server. I can't seem to find any server info om my PC, that I could put on the T1. The stuff that came with the Kodi download seems to be working ok, just can't add anything to it