PDA

View Full Version : Should the playoffs be included?

c8rbk1ng
01-08-2017, 12:29 AM
I'm sitting here watching the Oak/Houst playoff game and wondering why we have never included the playoffs in our NFL Pool. There's 11 games in the playoffs (almost another week) that would/could make a difference in crowning the Pool Champ...especially in a very competitive year like we had this year. My thoughts for next year are that the Playoffs should be included and the Pool winner would be whoever had the highest percentage of wins after the Super Bowl if they qualify with the participation rules (which would have to be tweaked to reflect the change). What are everyone's thoughts on the subject and any other ideas that can make the pool better? Thanks

ifonlyihad1
01-08-2017, 12:39 AM
I'm ok with adding the Playoffs to the regular pool, but a question I have is about how using a percentage works better than say number of right picks overall. Is it because of participating in all the weeks is not for everyone?

If

c8rbk1ng
01-08-2017, 12:46 AM
I'm ok with adding the Playoffs to the regular pool, but a question I have is about how using a percentage works better than say number of right picks overall. Is it because of participating in all the weeks is not for everyone?

If

Exactly. I had the most wins one year but didn't win because another player had a greater percentage. Not everyone can play every week (which can be an advantage in a wacky week) so that's why we have the percentages and the participation rules.

KIDWCKED
01-08-2017, 12:58 AM
the pool shud go all the way..jmo..;)

Night_Predator
01-08-2017, 01:04 AM
I agree with KIDWICKED. We shouldn't stop at the end of the regular season. We should go all the way. Also why not include pre-season. After all they are NFL games. JMO

c8rbk1ng
01-08-2017, 01:39 AM
I agree with KIDWICKED. We shouldn't stop at the end of the regular season. We should go all the way. Also why not include pre-season. After all they are NFL games. JMO

Pre-Season games are a joke and only take place as a means for the owners and league to make more money. Most of the time you're watching players that won't even be on the team. I suppose they are "NFL games" but in name only...not in play :) With your theory, we might as well include the Hall of Fame game and the Pro Bowl :)

Emprom
01-28-2017, 04:27 AM
yes to superbowl