PDA

View Full Version : Kadri For Selke

The Cobra
02-01-2017, 02:57 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ifYc6_8uWV8/U6dzu1nKghI/AAAAAAAAAcg/_X6F83vf76g/s1600/sanford-and-son-group-laugh-o.gif

Well really...........what else could the Toronto media try and drum up??? Gardiner for the Norris? or Matt Martin for Lady Byng???
I`ve seen this Kadri garbage on TV a few times now, a couple articles on TSN panels and a couple posters in the stands.
Makes you wonder what MLSE is trying to feed us Leafs fans........answer...the same crap they`ve been shoveling for years.

sonicmario
02-01-2017, 03:06 AM
lol they need some click bait or something, what a debacle tonight, atleast they put Matthews with marner to pad there rookie points lead not much else positive to say with this one lol

The Cobra
02-01-2017, 03:07 AM
BTW....Mr Selke has a 45% face off percentage and is a -4 on a top 10 scoring team...........yup why don`t we just mail it in. LMAO

sonicmario
02-01-2017, 03:12 AM
I think I heard Doug Maclean bring that up on the radio, Kadri for selke, and I almost spit my Coffee out. than Kypreos agreed with him and I did spit my coffee out lol Toronto Media at its Finest:)

Mr Hanky
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Anything's possible Subban won a Norris. lol

The Cobra
02-01-2017, 01:50 PM
I think I heard Doug Maclean bring that up on the radio, Kadri for selke, and I almost spit my Coffee out. than Kypreos agreed with him and I did spit my coffee out lol Toronto Media at its Finest:)
Yeah....it`s usually MacClean that brings it up with Dreger bobbing his head up and down in agreement....Kyper is usually the sane one of the bunch.
BTW.....didn`t Gardiner and the rest of the D have a great game LMFAO.

The Cobra
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM

Hear the latest pile they just started yesterday........."what if Marner could be traded for Laine would you do it" Toronto media starting another deadline storyline to feed off of til March 1. We`ll see if this crap gets trapped in the screen door or not.

TLG
02-01-2017, 04:15 PM
And that's the trouble in Toronto ,,, too much media personnel all looking to be heard...
Wonder no more why players can't and don't want to play in that city,, their all thinking
they're on their toes thinking they're on their way out, and the team doesn't want or need
them ,, so why bother

Not to mention the crap these players eat from media and panel

one such example was Burris ,,, till he had enough and yelled out "the panel should shove it"
remember how offended they were ,,, LOL and Burris could do that since he's 40 and on his way
to retirement

But those young kids in Toronto ,, they don't have the experience or the tough skin to absorb
media scrutiny

The Cobra
02-01-2017, 04:48 PM
And that's the trouble in Toronto ,,, too much media personnel all looking to be heard...
Wonder no more why players can't and don't want to play in that city,, their all thinking
they're on their toes thinking they're on their way out, and the team doesn't want or need
them ,, so why bother

Not to mention the crap these players eat from media and panel

one such example was Burris ,,, till he had enough and yelled out "the panel should shove it"
remember how offended they were ,,, LOL and Burris could do that since he's 40 and on his way
to retirement

But those young kids in Toronto ,, they don't have the experience or the tough skin to absorb
media scrutiny
Exactly my friend.........the Toronto media doesn`t take into account nor do they care about the fact that guys like Marner and Laine for example are just kids in their rookie year and how much damage their(media) interference and inferences can do to their psyche and their development.......but what do they care, it`s a storyline. In Detroit...Babcock didn`t put up with media interference, he actually barred certain media from the team for actions detrimental to his team. We`ll see how he handles Toronto media because till trade deadline March 1 you gotta know there will be another annual feeding frenzy on stories of everyone and their pets coming to Toronto.

My fav Kadri pic......after Kadri`s cowardly blindside headshot on Daniel Sedin.......Henrik (tough guy) LOL Sedin took to the ice and
http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297895666990_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

Kadri ran like a true coward.

sonicmario
02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
yup the Media in T.O had a hay day with Salute Gate, they pretty much ran Kessel out of town, and Kessel didnt have a care in the world and tough skin, but they even got to him and he snapped, I think Babcock has helped with this media circus to some extent, but the beat writers are still digging and making up fantasies to get clicks it really is sad, I think with the young team they got with the talent, it should be easy to get some free agents, but with the media the way they are I doubt they come.....

The Cobra
02-02-2017, 02:04 AM
yup the Media in T.O had a hay day with Salute Gate, they pretty much ran Kessel out of town, and Kessel didnt have a care in the world and tough skin, but they even got to him and he snapped, I think Babcock has helped with this media circus to some extent, but the beat writers are still digging and making up fantasies to get clicks it really is sad, I think with the young team they got with the talent, it should be easy to get some free agents, but with the media the way they are I doubt they come.....

I agree right across the board............

Mr Hanky
02-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Reality has hit the leaf camp games are tougher to win from the all-star break on. Let the traditional skid begin...

sonicmario
02-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Reality has hit the leaf camp games are tougher to win from the all-star break on. Let the traditional skid begin...

yes its now that time to quote Brian Burke, about the 18 wheeler going off the cliff lol, the thing is we got to realize with 7 or 8 rookies in the line up not used to the schedule of the NHL, the physical and mental demands of a compressed Schedule, it will be interesting, and Anderson in net being this is his first time playing 60+ games how is he going to hold up.... lots of variables here.

The Cobra
02-02-2017, 04:29 PM
Exactly.............after the break teams begin their run to the playoffs and slowly but surely teams that can play defense work their way to the top. More often than not teams with the best defensive stats are the teams in or near the finals.
Defense wins championships........and the Leafs have not one defenseman that can go into a corner and come out with the puck or clear the front of the net. Their fate is sealed until the day this is corrected.

Mr Hanky
02-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Shanny and Lou going to pull the trigger for 2 defensemen or does the Ballard curse continue.

sonicmario
02-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Reilly is hurt, but that asking price for a D dman is huge, and the leafs dont really have the Assets to Obtain one, I was reading about Trouba and they want reilly in return so it looks like hes out, not sure what they want for Shattenkirk, but he is probably not coming cheap, but who knows what Sweet Lou will do the man is getting old and maybe a little unpredictable lol

The Cobra
02-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Reilly is hurt, but that asking price for a D dman is huge, and the leafs dont really have the Assets to Obtain one, I was reading about Trouba and they want reilly in return so it looks like hes out, not sure what they want for Shattenkirk, but he is probably not coming cheap, but who knows what Sweet Lou will do the man is getting old and maybe a little unpredictable lol
None of the top defensemen in the NHL would meet Sweet Lou`s main priority.............clean shaven and haircut.
Leafs don`t have to go out and get a defenseman........they aren`t going to challenge for anything this season so why give up a valuable asset (or a few) for anyone at this point.

Mr Hanky
02-03-2017, 01:41 PM
They have some deep draft picks they can dump or even a few from the AHL they still have some pics from the fire sale. I expect JVR to go at the trade deadline so why not make a move while you have a chance at a wildcard before its to late or players are all picked over.

The Cobra
02-03-2017, 05:08 PM
They have some deep draft picks they can dump or even a few from the AHL they still have some pics from the fire sale. I expect JVR to go at the trade deadline so why not make a move while you have a chance at a wildcard before its to late or players are all picked over.
Some of those big draft picks (at least the top ones will be used to draft defense I`m thinking). JVR may be moved but I hope not...........the one I`m looking at is Nylander + for Trouba and that may be doable.

sonicmario
02-03-2017, 09:26 PM
Yes thats what I was thinking, I think Nylander is a good player on the powerplay but he floats on 5 on 5 most nights, but if the leafs are to package him for help on D what do you think a package would look like, I mean Trouba would slot in nicely, Shattenkirk as well, but we are thin on prospects as most of them our in are lineup lol.

The Cobra
02-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Yes thats what I was thinking, I think Nylander is a good player on the powerplay but he floats on 5 on 5 most nights, but if the leafs are to package him for help on D what do you think a package would look like, I mean Trouba would slot in nicely, Shattenkirk as well, but we are thin on prospects as most of them our in are lineup lol.
Yeah I agree.......I don`t see the Leafs doing a thing. Their outlook was to do a rebuild and do it thru the draft or young prospects by dumping older players with big contracts for more picks/prospects....that`s Shanaplan. We are only entering year 2 of a 3-5 yr rebuild....hopefully they don`t get stupid and blow it again. We need some older experience on this team ....JVR, Polak, Bozak(cause Kadri(Mr Selke) can`t win a face off).

Mr Hanky
02-04-2017, 01:46 PM
Don't think this years draft is that great at all , l say pull the trigger lou and end the curse.