PDA

View Full Version : OK iPod Gru's

Terryl
02-16-2017, 09:37 PM
OK, I have an iPod classic, (I know old, but it does the job) I downloaded some new songs and then did a sync, it said that the software had to be updated on the iPod, so I did it.(bad mistake)

I then had a "iPod must be recovered first" this I did, it then did a sync, now after I rejected it all it does is skip over the songs one at a time, one every second.

I have tried and tried to recover this pod, and it is the only one that will hold all my songs (7500+) so what can I do to fix this one?????

Help me iPod Gurus your my only hope.....

P.S. Apple support was useless.

dishuser
02-16-2017, 09:56 PM
did you do you do this with same pc that has original library?
I recently changed my hard drive and when I hit sync it wiped my ipod...lol

Terryl
02-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Yup the same one, no changes to it other then new songs.

And did yiou recreate the iTunes library by holding the "Shift" button down while clicking on the iTunes icon??

This will allow you to use a different library or recreate/redirect the default library.

Cranker
02-16-2017, 11:25 PM
I remember having this same problem years ago.....that ipod eventually died completely.....but I think I used some kind of recovery software to fix it.....had a look on my old computer for the program but I can't seem to find it.....I am sure there are a bunch of free ones out there.....I know it's not much help but might give you some hope.

Cranker

Moonman
02-17-2017, 12:35 AM
This is one of the reasons I hate Apple. I have a Ipod 160 classic which is really a nice piece of hardware. The drawback is Apples sw, along with Itunes. After having a multitude of software issues I found a program called CopyTrans Manager. Its free and it will reformat the Ipod so you can use it again. You will probably have to wipe it clean, then reload it thru the CTM instead of Itunes. I eventually had to delete Itunes(never to be seen again). Whatever you do Good Luck. I still use mine today after I bought a bluetooth adapter so I could use it without wires, works great.